Since may 1st ive loss 34lb

juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
In a 122 day i have loss 34lb

May 1st I was 296lb, im now 264 and ive been stuck at this weight a while now. So now ive start a vegetarian diet but im still taking protein twice aday.

My goal was to drop 50lbs before the start of the new school year (september 8)

Ive been doing weights and cardio like mad all summer. I was thinking about stopping with the weights and going full cardio, with a vegetarian diet

I got 16lb to go and only 20days left

Any thoughts or advice would be great

Comments

• Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    when I lost weight all cardio worked best for me and constantly switchin up your diet every few weeks worked as well
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Also remember that it's not about how much u weigh, it's about your body fat percentage. You could have stalled for a while cause you gained leaned muscle and lost fat at the same time. But at your weight it would probably be best to do more cardio. Vegetarian diet isn't that crucial but do as you please as long as you burn more calories then u consume. 1 pound is roughly 3500 calories.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Switch up your routine your body gets used to the same thing everyday which causes you to peek. Don't stop weights just go light with a lot of reps. Switching my cardio to the end of my workouts got me from 202 to 188 in 1 month.
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited August 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Also remember that it's not about how much u weigh, it's about your body fat percentage. You could have stalled for a while cause you gained leaned muscle and lost fat at the same time. But at your weight it would probably be best to do more cardio. Vegetarian diet isn't that crucial but do as you please as long as you burn more calories then u consume. 1 pound is roughly 3500 calories.

Can you burn 3500 calories in one day?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    juice86 wrote: »

Yea, just need to be active. Everything you do burns calories, but of course more/rigorous activities burn more.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    juice86 wrote: »

You would probably have to exercise twice and not eat to hit that in a day