why do people insist on paying more for name brand clothes

124»

Comments

• Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    i feel like this if u have extra income and your bills are stable, then by all means do you. i think what the T/S was trying to say was cats that have little to no money, arent financially straight, and blow the lil $$ they do get on expensive ass ? they dont even need. i dont care what yall say we all know people that do it. my boy back home just blew a $4000 school grant on muthafucking jewelry, and a trip to MIA. and this ? dont have a crib or car. SMH

? sounds like the typical hood loser thats going to school for free money
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    airafroman wrote: »
    trill ? posts...

the reason why nigggaz pay more is because they're ? ...point blank
    what's the difference between the prada & the fila...none... one just say prada the other say fila
    fila-helmsman-prada-america-cup.jpg
    one cost 350 Bucks the other 50, yet people rather pay 200+ more dollars for the prada

this is what most companies do...cop them a plain shirt for 5-10 cents , put some designs on it and more importantly there logo and sell it for $50 ...aND now ya clown ass fill like somebody...

Kinda sounds like a lot like that company name supreme that would just put a pic of JFK/Kermit the Frog/the brand logo saying
    Supreme in a red box.its amazing and stupid seeing hypebeast sneakerheads that are either white or asian spending over $70 for a plain shirt and fitted that just says "Supreme"
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    what business do you know of that has name brand clothes in thier budget?? LOL smh at thinking the ups man is wearing brown sean john outfits

the bottom line is we wont ever own anything but our smaller possesions like clothes and furniture .... and yes ... you do live pay check to pay check ..... its not because of buying name brand clothes tho ..... that is true ....

running a business is not the same as personal finances smh,

like I said if you keep a budget and allocate a certain amount for things outside of food, shelter, and emergency funds, you can put amount aside for any brand name/ non brand name item you wish. As long as you keep track of your expenses, the brand of the item is irrelevant, you can buy small things (clothes) and still save and buy larger things (cars, homes) at the same time, if you know how to budget.
  • stackdinero
    stackdinero Members Posts: 95
    edited January 2010
    i like expensive ? ....i like to look fly and ? on all dese ? wen i pop out wit some Js from like 2 yrs ago ? cant get....i
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited January 2010
    i got money to blow sorry
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    i never got why people don't understand this ? ...when it comes to alot of "high end" brand names it really is just paying for the name on the product and not the actual quality

I wouldnt throw every high end luxury brand under the bus (not saying you are)... Personally i think those Prada America's cup are wack....and secondly i think Fila is even wacker for copying it...but then again
    money is king and alot of brands are losing their originality.

buying those fake Fila Prada's is just about the equivalent to buying a pair of FAKE JORDANS. Never in my life will a stoop so low as to buy the knock off version. Thats like me saying....
    "nah, i cant afford that Van Gogh Painting, I'll just buy the Starry Night Knock off painting from the dude down the street !". If I cant afford it or find it on sale for a deal...it wasnt meant to be.

Back to High End Brands... Those brands who make good ? are selling a lifestyle marketed towards a small group of jettsetters (im talking Louie/ Prada/ Gucci/Y3 ect). Seems as though alot of people force themselves not to like product like this because .... they realistically cant afford to purchase it(not all but some). Plus alot of the cost are so high is because they arent making it all in cheap ass Chinese factories. They're making it in Italy. Italy being the high end restaurant to China being the Fast Food Restaurant. See the difference.

Yes this doesn't justify the outlandish prices completely but that should help put ? into perspective. Plus when u go to Europe.. Your American Dollars dont stretch far at all. For every 1 dollar I exchange, I get a 69¢ back in Euro's... that adds up.
  • gnike_head6th
    gnike_head6th Members Posts: 51
    edited January 2010
    I Have 5 pairs of those prada's bout to make it 6..I Love them joints
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    I wouldnt throw every high end luxury brand under the bus (not saying you are)... Personally i think those Prada America's cup are wack....and secondly i think Fila is even wacker for copying it...but then again
    money is king and alot of brands are losing their originality.

buying those fake Fila Prada's is just about the equivalent to buying a pair of FAKE JORDANS. Never in my life will a stoop so low as to buy the knock off version. Thats like me saying....
    "nah, i cant afford that Van Gogh Painting, I'll just buy the Starry Night Knock off painting from the dude down the street !". If I cant afford it or find it on sale for a deal...it wasnt meant to be.

Back to High End Brands... Those brands who make good ? are selling a lifestyle marketed towards a small group of jettsetters (im talking Louie/ Prada/ Gucci/Y3 ect). Seems as though alot of people force themselves not to like product like this because .... they realistically cant afford to purchase it(not all but some). Plus alot of the cost are so high is because they arent making it all in cheap ass Chinese factories. They're making it in Italy. Italy being the high end restaurant to China being the Fast Food Restaurant. See the difference.

Yes this doesn't justify the outlandish prices completely but that should help put ? into perspective. Plus when u go to Europe.. Your American Dollars dont stretch far at all. For every 1 dollar I exchange, I get a 69¢ back in Euro's... that adds up.

nah Im not throwing every high end label under the bus...there's some high end ? I do like and think looks nice...but it's just certain ? I think is stupid...for instance I remember in high school in the late 90's/early 2000's when every ? was wearing a white tee...the same white tee 's you could go buy 5 for $20 at FootAction or FootLocker Roc-A-Wear was selling for $10 individually...and people would go buy 5 of those and spend $50 just to say "I got a Roc-A-Wear" shirt...? like that I think is stupid...I don't knock people for buying expensive ? but I do think it's stupid to buy something expensive adn think it's better simply cuz of the name on the product and not the actual quality being used to make it...
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    1449225 wrote: »
    Pusan (Texas street)

been there, but copped most mine main gate Osan (i was stationed there)
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    nah Im not throwing every high end label under the bus...there's some high end ? I do like and think looks nice...but it's just certain ? I think is stupid...for instance I remember in high school in the late 90's/early 2000's when every ? was wearing a white tee...the same white tee 's you could go buy 5 for $20 at FootAction or FootLocker Roc-A-Wear was selling for $10 individually...and people would go buy 5 of those and spend $50 just to say "I got a Roc-A-Wear" shirt...? like that I think is stupid...I don't knock people for buying expensive ? but I do think it's stupid to buy something expensive adn think it's better simply cuz of the name on the product and not the actual quality being used to make it...

I agree with that, ......to an extent
    some people just put their faith in a brand because they dont have the knowledge to really dissect every article of clothing or footwear.

For example that same white tee that you can get from footlocker doesnt have the same weight and collar thickness to it that...say... a LUX tee has. So now you wash
    that tee one time and the collar gets saggy. Not saying that Sean John is aware of this, but its a certain level of comfort that comes with putting your faith/ and your MONEY into a brand.

At the end of the day, it has less to do with the Brands and more to do with the people who are insecure and feel a need to flaunt their purchases so they can feel better about themselves and or feel like
    they one uppin n*ggas.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    The only namebrand thing I'll spend real money on these days is my jeans. I'm real picky about jeans but I'll match up some Rock & Republics or True Religions with a shirt from Target quick.
  • KiLLeR_OGee_JuSTiN
    KiLLeR_OGee_JuSTiN Members Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    we insist on paying more for name brand clothes to laugh at people like you that make excuses why you can't.

get yo' india ire ass on somewhere....slouch
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    wow...........