Is Microsoft coming out with a form of "IPAD" cos I hate Apple!!!!! Does anyone know

Bossmancuddy83
Bossmancuddy83 Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in IllTek
Hurry up and answer before the mod closes or throws this thread away!!!1

Comments

• American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Microsoft is dropping something similar next month.

called the VirusTablet
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Samsung is...

Engadget.com
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    The IPAD looks wack as ? .

naa i want one of them ? - to me it looks ill-like some real back to da future ?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I see people on the train with the I Pad or something similar that says amazon on it I think I almost sure of it.
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Microsoft is dropping something similar next month.

called the VirusTablet
    thats a ? up name- is it starting at 500 or bette??
  • Bossmancuddy83
    edited August 2010
    Samsung is...

Engadget.com

is it going to have the windows OS ?
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    I see people on the train with the I Pad or something similar that says amazon on it I think I almost sure of it.

Kindle. Got one for my 21st birthday.
  • Djunior
    Djunior Members Posts: 851
    edited August 2010
    there some similar joint overseas going for 35 dollars manufacturer said they could prolly get cost to of production down to 10 and it should sell around 200.
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Apple the best...? the rest
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Windows doesn't make hardware as far as I know so the answer is no
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    ASUS_Eee_PC_T101MT-545x401.jpg

^^^ It was out before the iPad. Better than an iPad in every way conceivable except weight.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    At this point microsoft is playing catch up, so my guess is they probably will. they realized that theyre ? windows mobile servers that they run on phones werent bringing in enough revenue so they decided to upgrade. this will also be a similar situation
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2010
    Ounceman wrote: »
    At this point microsoft is playing catch up, so my guess is they probably will. they realized that theyre ? windows mobile servers that they run on phones werent bringing in enough revenue so they decided to upgrade. this will also be a similar situation

did you just ignore my post???

ASUS has had a machine out a bit longer than the iPad which is far superior to the iPad in every way. Seriously, the ASUS Eee PC T01MT (and the smaller T91MT) gives you more of a computer for a bit less than the cost of the iPad (I chuckle every time I read or type that). REAL applications, REAL OS (not a "gadget" os), REAL everything! It's a tablet and a netbook at once. Approx $489 gets you a 160GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, a keyboard, expandability, camera, and Win 7 all in a small package with a proven processor underneath it all. I can go from reading a website to running FL Studio, Reaper, or SoundForge with no problem. All of my desktop apps work 'cause it runs a desktop OS. No need to buy garbage "apps" from a controlled store for any reason. Plus, it's convertible from a tablet to a laptop without having to buy anything extra.

You can't get any of that in an iPad at any price. It's everything the iPad isn't and then some.
  • Ounceman
    edited August 2010
    did you just ignore my post???

ASUS has had a machine out a bit longer than the iPad which is far superior to the iPad in every way. Seriously, the ASUS Eee PC T01MT (and the smaller T91MT) gives you more of a computer for a bit less than the cost of the iPad (I chuckle every time I read or type that). REAL applications, REAL OS (not a "gadget" os), REAL everything! It's a tablet and a netbook at once. Approx $489 gets you a 160GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, a keyboard, expandability, camera, and Win 7 all in a small package with a proven processor underneath it all. I can go from reading a website to running FL Studio, Reaper, or SoundForge with no problem. All of my desktop apps work 'cause it runs a desktop OS. No need to buy garbage "apps" from a controlled store for any reason. Plus, it's convertible from a tablet to a laptop without having to buy anything extra.

You can't get any of that in an iPad at any price. It's everything the iPad isn't and then some.

yea i didnt even see it, lol. my fault. i was replying to the t/s and didnt care to read what else was posted in this thread. but ive never used the ipad so i really cant give u a comprehensive review on it. its just the fact that im over windows at this point. and after ive discovered logic pro(a midi sequencer and workstation that was designed by emagic who was later bought by apple ) ive never looked back since.
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2010
    yea i didnt even see it, lol. my fault. i was replying to the t/s and didnt care to read what else was posted in this thread. but ive never used the ipad so i really cant give u a comprehensive review on it. its just the fact that im over windows at this point. and after ive discovered logic pro(a midi sequencer and workstation that was designed by emagic who was later bought by apple ) ive never looked back since.

I still have my copies of Logic Audio Platinum 4.0, 4.7, 5.0, 5.01, and 5.5 for the PC. Apple/Emagic lost me as a customer when they dropped PC support. Not that I cared much for Logic anyways. I've always been faster in my work with Cubase and Sonar.

Still the Asus, and many other convertible netbooks, ? all over the iPad. However... If you MUST have OSX, one can always pick up a netbook and install OSX on it:

http://www.mymacnetbook.com/compatibility-chart/
  • Ounceman
    edited August 2010
    I still have my copies of Logic Audio Platinum 4.0, 4.7, 5.0, 5.01, and 5.5 for the PC. Apple/Emagic lost me as a customer when they dropped PC support. Not that I cared much for Logic anyways. I've always been faster in my work with Cubase and Sonar.

Still the Asus, and many other convertible netbooks, ? all over the iPad. However... If you MUST have OSX, one can always pick up a netbook and install OSX on it:

http://www.mymacnetbook.com/compatibility-chart/

hmm, i always figured u could install the osx operating system on a netbook, but never knew what the link was. props for that

cubase is a pretty good program. but i still think logic is superior to both cubase and among everything else ive used previously. i run reaktor with logic 9. as it allows u to create your own sounds and virtually take apart others. the music i produce is more along the lines of progressive/glitch/dm (in the vein of autechre, squarepusher). and logic seems to achieve the most satisfactory results for me with the low latency. oh and the factory plugins. logic is so far ahead of cubase in that department its not remotely funny. the plugins that come with cubase are rather pedestrian and mundane. although i will say that the editing in cubase is a little better than logic. but the monosynth in logic alone>>>>>>>>.
    it sounds very similar to a minimoog. but to each his own i guees
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2010
    hmm, i always figured u could install the osx operating system on a netbook, but never knew what the link was. props for that

cubase is a pretty good program. but i still think logic is superior to both cubase and among everything else ive used previously. i run reaktor with logic 9. as it allows u to create your own sounds and virtually take apart others. the music i produce is more along the lines of progressive/glitch/dm (in the vein of autechre, squarepusher). and logic seems to achieve the most satisfactory results for me with the low latency. oh and the factory plugins. logic is so far ahead of cubase in that department its not remotely funny. the plugins that come with cubase are rather pedestrian and mundane. although i will say that the editing in cubase is a little better than logic. but the monosynth in logic alone>>>>>>>>.
    it sounds very similar to a minimoog. but to each his own i guees

a lot of guys prefer Ableton w/Reaktor over logic for glitch. I haven't ? with glitch or microsound for years. I remember a lot of cats using just Reaktor for minimal techno and glitch tracks with nothing else. I still have Reaktor 3 and 4, just haven't had a reason to install it in years.

I'll give you this much, the synths included with Logic are great, at least the old plugins from 4-5.5 anyways. They're the only reason I kept trying to like Logic. The learning curve in Logic was entirely too steep to make it worth my time just to be able to use those synths.

I have other VST's to take up the slack anyways.

www.soundclick.com/senoj
    www.soundclick.com/projectganymede
  • Ounceman
    edited August 2010
    a lot of guys prefer Ableton w/Reaktor over logic for glitch. I haven't ? with glitch or microsound for years. I remember a lot of cats using just Reaktor for minimal techno and glitch tracks with nothing else. I still have Reaktor 3 and 4, just haven't had a reason to install it in years.

I'll give you this much, the synths included with Logic are great, at least the old plugins from 4-5.5 anyways. They're the only reason I kept trying to like Logic. The learning curve in Logic was entirely too steep to make it worth my time just to be able to use those synths.

I have other VST's to take up the slack anyways.

www.soundclick.com/senoj
    www.soundclick.com/projectganymede

Im digging that track horizon. it has a liquid funk/jazzsetp type of vibe to it. so u produce drum n bass too?
  • konceptjones
    edited August 2010
    Im digging that track horizon. it has a liquid funk/jazzsetp type of vibe to it. so u produce drum n bass too?

I dabble in it, just like I dabble in Dubstep a bit. I have an updated version of that track that I just haven't gotten around to uploading yet. Everyone and their momma digs that one too... I haven't exactly decided what direction to go in with DnB, but I'm leaning more towards that sound or towards a more LTJ Bukem or Roni Size vibe. I'm gonna try to release something on Bandcamp by the end of the year.