Beyonce: Legend Or F#cking Overrated?...

Options

Comments

• babybugz
    babybugz Members Posts: 53
    edited August 2010
    Options
    She's Decent but too hyped.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited August 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    I never said Beyonce puts classics out, but Britney is a very talentless artist. I don't care about her tour dates or her popularity at the height of her stardom, she is a mediocre singer, dance and songwriter and thats it.

85 million records sold plus 2 diamonds speaks otherwise. no one is checking for that garv thinks. youre not important...? is the mtv music award queen, bey is not
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL @ queen of the VMAs. It took Britney 10 years and 17 nominations to finally win her first...and she only won because that was probably the only way MTV could get that human trainwreck to show up that year. Doesn't sound like a queen to me.
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Britney has not sold no damn 85 million albums. Lmao yo Shitney stans be doin the most.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL at Queen of the VMA's, the ? looked shell shocked on her throne 2 years ago. Ole deer in the headlights look.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Beyonce is overrated /thread
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ Britney Spears she never wrote any of her ? ... I at least Beyonce does at times. Britney fell the ? off years ago.
  • Pervis
    Pervis Members Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    beyonce is talentless. she can't act, can't sing, can't dance, can't play an instrument, and can't even write her own songs. artists only become legends when they have talent, so beyonce doesnt qualify.

real talk
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Funny b/c people that are considered legends have sold less than her, won less awards than her, had less hits than her, etc.

Just because you don't personally like her or her music does not mean you can deny her success. And if she was "talentless" people would not pay to see her sing/dance live, she would not have sung at Obama's inauguration, she would not have the success she does today.

She is a legend for her time, yes, and she is not going anywhere. Due to her success, number of records sold, and her huge impact on the music and fashion worlds yes she's a legend to me. Everyone knows who she is and can probably recite the words to many of her songs, or name her many acheivments, so yes that makes her a legend.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    Funny b/c people that are considered legends have sold less than her, won less awards than her, had less hits than her, etc.

Just because you don't personally like her or her music does not mean you can deny her success. And if she was "talentless" people would not pay to see her sing/dance live, she would not have sung at Obama's inauguration, she would not have the success she does today.

She is a legend for her time, yes, and she is not going anywhere. Due to her success, number of records sold, and her huge impact on the music and fashion worlds yes she's a legend to me. Everyone knows who she is and can probably recite the words to many of her songs, or name her many acheivments, so yes that makes her a legend.

50 cent had big record sales, won numerous awards etc. for "his time" .... while a rapper like rakim dont have the numerous multi-platinum album sales, #1 hits, major awards etc.... everyone knows 50 cent and can recite the words to "in da club", "wanksta", "i get money", etc. and name his achievements..... so yes that makes 50 cent a legend? or wait! what about nelly? the same applies to him as well.

so i guess 50 cent and nelly are more of a legend than rakim and krs one?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    She is overrated.
  • il nonno
    il nonno Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    she's overrated, oversaturated, over everything. Her songs are limp!
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited August 2010
    Options
    legend ...no
    she hasn't done anything legendary....she hasn't done anything musically speaking that hasn't been done before...she barely even writes her own hits....her music for the most part lacks soul....and most her records are not timeless.....idk she's cool and whatnot but in my book a legend she is not... but i guess what it all boils down too is what's your definition of a musical legend...
  • JenniferBush
    JenniferBush Members Posts: 56
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    LMAO @ Britney Spears she never wrote any of her ? ... I at least Beyonce does at times. Britney fell the ? off years ago.

she has co-write just like Beyone has co-wrote songs. and how u fall off when u do less tour dates than beyonce and out sell her by millions? can someone explain that to me cuz i don't get it

@ ? , u jumpoff. that ? is the queen when it comes to being on stage, good or bad, that ? makes headline story. was anyone talking about bey single ladies or ring the alarm performance ? i think not
    *snaps fingers*
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Britney fell off, period. Her albums went from selling 10 million to 9 million to 4 million, all in a three year span. And then in 2003, she went to 3 million. Then she sold UNDER 1 million next album and then half over a million with her latest. Britney is old news. GaGa is here now. The Fame outsold Britney's last 2 albums combined.

The fact that people even praise Britney for sleepwalking on stage and being a horrible artist boggles my mind and proves why people truly like her in the first place. Britney better hold on to all that sympathy, childhood obsession, and Christmas sales cause those are the only things that keep her selling records.
  • JenniferBush
    edited August 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Britney fell off, period. Her albums went from selling 10 million to 9 million to 4 million, all in a three year span. And then in 2003, she went to 3 million. Then she sold UNDER 1 million next album and then half over a million with her latest. Britney is old news. GaGa is here now. The Fame outsold Britney's last 2 albums combined.

The fact that people even praise Britney for sleepwalking on stage and being a horrible artist boggles my mind and proves why people truly like her in the first place. Britney better hold on to all that sympathy, childhood obsession, and Christmas sales cause those are the only things that keep her selling records.

how u fell off and manage to have a #1 single with no promo??? someone plz tell me so i can understand???

and in 03, in the zone sold 10 million. plz don't tell me u didn't know my baby was international bound?

lol @ saying britney is old news. according to who? ? was # 6 in the celeb top maker last yr and that equates to old news? the fact that people will pay to see britney walk just goes along with her legend status. u mad that beyonce gotta go night after night to prove herself and she still falls short compare to the REAL queen B/ u mad???

and let me not even talk about the fantasy team i got. makes sense that a britney fan would have a tough ? squad
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how u fell off and manage to have a #1 single with no promo??? someone plz tell me so i can understand???

and in 03, in the zone sold 10 million. plz don't tell me u didn't know my baby was international bound?

lol @ saying britney is old news. according to who? ? was # 6 in the celeb top maker last yr and that equates to old news? the fact that people will pay to see britney walk just goes along with her legend status. u mad that beyonce gotta go night after night to prove herself and she still falls short compare to the REAL queen B/ u mad???

and let me not even talk about the fantasy team i got. makes sense that a britney fan would have a tough ? squad
    ? , Britney is #6 this year on an annual list she hasn't been on in how long?? At least 6 years?? Beyonce has been Top 5 on Forbes top earners list..for the past 3 years in a row. So I dunno why you'd even bring that up rofl.

Britney can debut at #1 all she wants. The fact is that she can't get more than 1.5 million people to purchase an entire album of hers anymore. Beyonce can.
    Britney can't stay more than 1 week at #1. Beyonce can. Matter fact, she has never had a #1 that didn't stay there for AT LEAST 4 weeks.
    Britney can't even get 3 singles from one album to go Top 10. 5 albums in, and she's never done it ROFL!! Beyonce can, and has with every album she's released.
    Even with this "big successful tour", Britney can't get into Top 5 on the Forbes list. Beyonce can, and has for the past 3 years straight.

Going from scanning 10 million+ albums to not even being able to push 1 million...where dey do DAT at??? In FallingTheFuckOffsVille, that's where. Beyonce's last 3 albums outselling Britney's last 3 albums tells it all. Now deal with it, or slit those hungry wrists.
  • JenniferBush
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? , Britney is #6 this year on an annual list she hasn't been on in how long?? At least 6 years?? Beyonce has been Top 5 on Forbes top earners list..for the past 3 years in a row. So I dunno why you'd even bring that up rofl.

Britney can debut at #1 all she wants. The fact is that she can't get more than 1.5 million people to purchase an entire album of hers anymore. Beyonce can.
    Britney can't stay more than 1 week at #1. Beyonce can. Matter fact, she has never had a #1 that didn't stay there for AT LEAST 4 weeks.
    Britney can't even get 3 singles from one album to go Top 10. 5 albums in, and she's never done it ROFL!! Beyonce can, and has with every album she's released.
    Even with this "big successful tour", Britney can't get into Top 5 on the Forbes list. Beyonce can, and has for the past 3 years straight.

Going from scanning 10 million+ albums to not even being able to push 1 million...where dey do DAT at??? In FallingTheFuckOffsVille, that's where. Beyonce's last 3 albums outselling Britney's last 3 albums tells it all. Now deal with it, or slit those hungry wrists.

newsflash, she wasn't doing music, even when she released Blackout she was mia. so of course she wasn't goona be in forbes.

Britney only does ,music and perfume, by the by she smashed bey in that CAT and she is doing it bigger than bey, hence the $$$$, as oppose to Bey who is trying to do it all and never being taken seriously for her wack ass acting and tacky clothes lines.

and u taking about #1 but that don't mean ? if u don't bring in the money. who sold more records overrall? Britney . who sold more tour tickets?? so when it comes to music who got more money?? ok thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. go to bed. point is u said britney is a no one and yet that no one sold more tickets and placed #6 when everyone thought she would be 6 ft under. your a trashy person. real talk.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    j bush is STILL defending britney. wow.

gaga and beyonces telephone >>>>> ANYTHING britney has done in her whole career. ANY.THING.
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    newsflash, she wasn't doing music, even when she released Blackout she was mia. so of course she wasn't goona be in forbes.
    ROFL @ you tryna say Britney didn't make Forbes because she "wasn't making music" and because she was "MIA" ....yet you're trying to compare her album sales with Bey from a time where Beyonce wasn't even releasing solo music, AT ALL. Lol ? ? .
    Britney only does ,music and perfume, by the by she smashed bey in that CAT and she is doing it bigger than bey, hence the $$$$, as oppose to Bey who is trying to do it all and never being taken seriously for her wack ass acting and tacky clothes lines.
    Doesn't matter what she did or what she didn't do. She ain't make Forbes in YEARS...and when she does, she doesn't beat Beyonce. Period. Its not her fault that Ms. Spears is a lazy ? . And LMAO @ you tryna talk about horrible acting when Shitney put out this flop abomination:

crossroads.jpg

Rofl even worse than the JLo movie!!!

and u taking about #1 but that don't mean ? if u don't bring in the money. who sold more records overrall?
    Britney has 2 more albums than Beyonce....2 albums that were released at the absolute height of album sales. Nice try. Its impossible to go diamond after 2001...and apparently its impossible for Shitney to go 2x Platinum after 2003. :)
    who sold more tour tickets??
    Uhh....Beyonce did actually rofl. Of course Baldney sold more tickets in the United States. Besides Canada and UK, that's the only place she toured lol. People all around the world wouldn't pay money to see a ? rubbing her back-up dancer's ? , flipping her botched up weave, and barely even walking across a stage, high on ? with her ? mic off the entire time.
    so when it comes to music who got more money??
    Forbes Top-Earning Musicians 2010

No. 3: Beyoncé Knowles
    $87 million

ok thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    Your welcoooooome. :)
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I may not dig Bey's music... but Brittany??? LMAO
  • JenniferBush
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ROFL @ you tryna say Britney didn't make Forbes because she "wasn't making music" and because she was "MIA" ....yet you're trying to compare her album sales with Bey from a time where Beyonce wasn't even releasing solo music, AT ALL. Lol ? ? .

Doesn't matter what she did or what she didn't do. She ain't make Forbes in YEARS...and when she does, she doesn't beat Beyonce. Period. Its not her fault that Ms. Spears is a lazy ? . And LMAO @ you tryna talk about horrible acting when Shitney put out this flop abomination:

crossroads.jpg

Rofl even worse than the JLo movie!!!

Britney has 2 more albums than Beyonce....2 albums that were released at the absolute height of album sales. Nice try. Its impossible to go diamond after 2001...and apparently its impossible for Shitney to go 2x Platinum after 2003. :)

Uhh....Beyonce did actually rofl. Of course Baldney sold more tickets in the United States. Besides Canada and UK, that's the only place she toured lol. People all around the world wouldn't pay money to see a ? rubbing her back-up dancer's ? , flipping her botched up weave, and barely even walking across a stage, high on ? with her ? mic off the entire time.

Forbes Top-Earning Musicians 2010

No. 3: Beyoncé Knowles
    $87 million

Your welcoooooome. :)

so bey's 87 million is all music? no acting, makeup ? , or clothes? okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Usher went diamond in 04 so wtf are you talking about. point is u gotta stop comparing the two. idk why u keep trying to compare the two. it's u who does it.
    and when i bring up gospels u back track and be like bey wasn't out yet, well too bad. I'm supppose to forget that Britney's first cd outsells beyonce entire ? career??!!!
    no, i can't do that. and again Britneys tour sold more than Bey. just take facts as they came out and don't fight them
    and brit went to many countires, like france, germany, russia, Italy, and Australia . point is she outsold beyonce who went worldwide and did more tours. lmao

as far as britney "Flopping" cross road was made with 10 million and gross over 60 million, how is that a flop?? someone tell to tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • KillaCham
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so bey's 87 million is all music? no acting, makeup ? , or clothes?
    Doesn't matter where she got it from. She got it. Britney didn't. And you mad about it!
    Usher went diamond in 04 so wtf are you talking about.
    Usher did not sell 10 million albums of Confession.
    point is u gotta stop comparing the two. idk why u keep trying to compare the two. it's u who does it.
    and when i bring up gospels u back track and be like bey wasn't out yet, well too bad
    You're the one that changed this into a Britney discussion. And you're right, we can't compare them..because Britney is obviously not on Beyonce's level.
    I'm supppose to forget that Britney's first cd outsells beyonce entire ? career??!!!
    Why compare a record during the peak of album sales to albums during the period of declining album sales? You bringing up moot statistics just shows how desperate you are right now.

"Baby One More Time" ranked as one of the top-sellers of 1999. Beyonce's 3 albums ranked as top-sellers of 2003, 2006, and 2008. "Circus" was NOT a top-seller of its release year in 2008 and neither was "Blackout" in 2007.

We're in 2010. Step out the time machine and stop bringing up decade old ? . Britney is not on top anymore. She doesn't sell more than Fergie, she doesn't sell more than GaGa, she doesn't sell more than Beyonce, she doesn't sell more than Nelly Furtado, she doesn't sell more than Bieber, she doesn't sell more than Katy Perry, she doesn't sell more than Taylor....and she DEFINITELY doesn't get as many hits as any of them, or Ke$ha, etc. She's not even Top 5 in the Pop scene anymore.

Also...

Beyonce - Dangerously In Love: 4.5 Million
    Britney Spears - In The Zone: 2 Million

2006: Beyonce - B'Day: 3.5 Million
    2007: Britney Spears - Blackout: 980,000

Beyonce - I Am... Sasha Fierce: 2.9 Million
    Britney Spears - Circus: 1.7 Million

And that's all we can go by. YOU LOSE, sir! GOOD DAY!
    as far as britney "Flopping" cross road was made with 10 million and gross over 60 million, how is that a flop?? someone tell to tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Its a flop for a movie distributed through Paramount Pictures and starring so-called 'queen of pop'. Not even Obsessed did that bad, and it was from some unknown distributor. Holla when Shitney stars in a movie that grosses over 300 Million like Beyonce did. :)