Fitness Books

Millions Knives
Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
Stumbling across a thread about current books that people are reading gave me an idea to make a thread about fitness books.

What current fitness books are or have ya'll read (excluding them ? ass muscle magazines, never will waste my money on those again)

Alot of the fitness books I read are all old school bodybuilding joints and one current (Convict Conditioning)

The Complete Keys to Progress

Wrestlers Physical Conditiong Ency.

Super Squats

Real Strength, Real Muscle (all time favorite)

Are my top fitness books that I have read in no particular order.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    all you need...

Yeah...that seems to be the most complete with the OVERALL fitness (including weights, bodyweight, and conditioning)
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The only magazine that I find that actually has some interesting stuff in it is "Muscle & Fitness". Most of the rest are a waste of money. Actually, if you go on their website, they have a cool section that actually lets you pick out a certain body part (i.e., shoulders, quads, triceps, etc) and they have lil videos that show you how to perform the excersize that you wanna do. Nuffin wrong with learning a lil something new or how to do what you already know how to do a lil bit different.
  • ytownborn
    ytownborn Members Posts: 420
    edited August 2010
    Yall should checc out The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.It has some geat info for all us gym rats.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited August 2010
    The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises.

I switched from P90X to this, and after 12 weeks, I lost 34 pounds. I was 322 or more @ the beginning of the summer (and I hadn't been that big since I was a college sophomore). 13 weeks later, I'm in between 285 and 287 and a size 46 in the waist. So yeah, it has worked.
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited August 2010
    Men's Health book of Muscle, it's not the magazine goes more in depth detailed exercsies for every muscle group.