How many cats have you converted over to fl studio?

Options
13»

Comments

• Aime Antonio
    Aime Antonio Members Posts: 85
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I gotta say I used to hate on FL for ever ..I had 2000XL and 4000 MPC's and the bottom line is if its hot its hot..Dont matter what u using but whats the end result. ? Production Snobs.. Is your ? tight or what?!!!! Go to my site ..I got MPC beats and FL beats .My ? is good and u can go verify
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I gotta say I used to hate on FL for ever ..I had 2000XL and 4000 MPC's and the bottom line is if its hot its hot..Dont matter what u using but whats the end result. ? Production Snobs.. Is your ? tight or what?!!!! Go to my site ..I got MPC beats and FL beats .My ? is good and u can go verify
    good stuff, bre'dren!!!!!
  • STANDALONE
    STANDALONE Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I GOT FL AND WEN I MIX MY BEATS IN IT THEY SOUND COOL PLUS I GOT REASON PLUS PROTOOLS BUT JUST I EFFIN HATE USING A MOUSE I PREFER A HANDS ON FEEL DATS WHY I JUST USE MY MPC 5K SURE SOMETIME I MIGHT SPEMD HOURS MIXING SAMPLES BUT IM STUBBORN THAT WAY CHECK OUT THIS MIX TELL ME WHAT YAW THINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejyk6PduOHU
  • young fatal
    young fatal Members Posts: 540
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I started on Fl studio back in 03, but than went the hardware route. So how is it now?
  • jonb348
    jonb348 Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    who remembers Lupes producer had the long ass rant about how anyone that used FL was wack?... Where is dude now? lol not Soundtrack the other dude, Prolyfic or something
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I started on Fl studio back in 03, but than went the hardware route. So how is it now?

? is ? - and I used to be strictly a "hardware" user
    jonb348 wrote: »
    who remembers Lupes producer had the long ass rant about how anyone that used FL was wack?... Where is dude now? lol not Soundtrack the other dude, Prolyfic or something
    I'd jab that ? in the throat with a jump drive filled with fl beats

yo - is you the jonb from before the upgrade?
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The 1 beat I ever made was on FL but I ain't have the right crash cymbal and the ? just sounded Godawful.

The 2nd beat was made with a Motif ES8 and Reason/FL Studio (at my producers studio). Beat makin' looks complicated as ? and time consuming as ? , even on the easy software like FL. How long did it take ya'll to understand how to use it?
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn my weed smokin self forgot all about this thread! thanks playa!

Smh at you having to wait 3 months for this room to have a mod that can approve this post. Smmfh.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    The 1 beat I ever made was on FL but I ain't have the right crash cymbal and the ? just sounded Godawful.

The 2nd beat was made with a Motif ES8 and Reason/FL Studio (at my producers studio). Beat makin' looks complicated as ? and time consuming as ? , even on the easy software like FL. How long did it take ya'll to understand how to use it?
    for me, it took one of my partners to break it down. I had fl for years, but never used it - I just couldn't see myself clicking those little-ass boxes and ? LOL. my boy, who's an mpc user like me, hipped me to it and I was like "? - please tell me ther's another way other than clickin' them lil' boxes, mayne! ". he broke down the ? to where I can use it similarly to a mpc (sequence/song building). using the piano-roll to tweak ? is dope, and all of my vst's load into it flawlessly. I had already begun using battery for chopping samples, so integrating that into FL was a breeze. hands down, FL is the best thing to happen to my studio set-up. period.
  • The Beat Wizard
    The Beat Wizard Members Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fruity Loops.... ? that ? !

I hate it, not because it's a bad program. But, because now there is producer on every corner now thinking they are real "producers" because they got a copy of FL Studio. ? outta here
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options

I hate it, not because it's a bad program. But, because now there is producer on every corner now thinking they are real "producers" because they got a copy of FL Studio. ? outta here
    just because ? have a beat-making program, mpc, or keyboard doesn't make them producers, or good for that matter. it's all about what you do with them. I can hold a hammer and nails in my hand, but that doesn't make me a ? carpenter, right?
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for me, it took one of my partners to break it down. I had fl for years, but never used it - I just couldn't see myself clicking those little-ass boxes and ? LOL. my boy, who's an mpc user like me, hipped me to it and I was like "? - please tell me ther's another way other than clickin' them lil' boxes, mayne! ". he broke down the ? to where I can use it similarly to a mpc (sequence/song building). using the piano-roll to tweak ? is dope, and all of my vst's load into it flawlessly. I had already begun using battery for chopping samples, so integrating that into FL was a breeze. hands down, FL is the best thing to happen to my studio set-up. period.

Damn. I never usually have time to have one of my friends or producers guide me through how to do that ? . Looks maaaad complicated and I'm an actual musician. Smh.

You know, I kinda have that beef to. Being in the Bay, a lot of ? made horrible ass Hyphy beats and think it's an accomplishment 'cause they were able to use the simplest of the top beatmaking software programs. Then again, I've seen people do incredible ? with FL studio so I can't hate on it too much.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn. I never usually have time to have one of my friends or producers guide me through how to do that ? . Looks maaaad complicated and I'm an actual musician. Smh.
    my boy put me up on that ? over the phone one day - I was programmin' ? after about 15 min. or so
  • Tha Killa
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my boy put me up on that ? over the phone one day - I was programmin' ? after about 15 min. or so

Dude, do you think you could send me a copy of the FL exe program so I can try to fiddle around with it in my spare time? Most places you get it online only have free trial versions and ? .

You make a great point with that carpenter line though. Thing is, there's a lot of ? with hammers and nails and FL Studio would be the Starbucks of hardware stores.
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options

You know, I kinda have that beef to. Being in the Bay, a lot of ? made horrible ass Hyphy beats and think it's an accomplishment 'cause they were able to use the simplest of the top beatmaking software programs. Then again, I've seen people do incredible ? with FL studio so I can't hate on it too much.

I got ya' - I got the ? that should un-lock the trial ver.
  • jonb348
    jonb348 Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? is ? - and I used to be strictly a "hardware" user

I'd jab that ? in the throat with a jump drive filled with fl beats

yo - is you the jonb from before the upgrade?

yeah what up!! so you a mod now? LOL Fresh Produce with a mod. i cant imagine it
  • eMGeeLBC
    eMGeeLBC Members Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Amen! I still get ? looks for using FL Studio too, but ? em! its not what you use its how u use it! Chuuuuuchhh
  • cleric
    cleric Members Posts: 7
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Who here actually payed for Fruity Loops?
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cleric wrote: »
    Who here actually payed for Fruity Loops?

lmao - good question; I've been getting a guilty conscience lately and am actually gonna cop a "legit" version - for what it does it's definitely worth the $.....
  • cleric
    cleric Members Posts: 7
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was wondering its only $250 which is pretty good for a DAW by comparison Logic Pro 9 $499 Reasons 4 is like 400. cats walking around with cracked software dont realize they could have better software if the makers had more capital.
    I have logic but the workflow and learning curve were steep, Hence my fall back to the MPC. I hope Apple buys them out and learns something about work flow.
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I brought the FL Studio out the store......Before i always got them on the bootleg...... well ? the 1 time i do decide to buy with my hard earned money....
    I found out that i spent 230+ dollars and i they didnt give me a lot of plug-ins.....well put it like this.....this is my last one im buying out the store...
    i have the FL 9....... funny thing i tell people i use everything....and they never even ask if i use FL Studio.....i know guys who use reason and mpc and tritons u name it....
    if u tell somebody u use FL they will attack....but if u tell them u use any other program its all good....but if u get the right sounds i doubt u can tell the difference....

get all the kits from page 1......and u should straight......
  • Krayzazz1
    Krayzazz1 Members Posts: 60
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I started out with FL studio 3. then went to reason. Then to sonar. Now im back with Fl studio 9. There really is no limits with the newest version
  • s_double
    s_double Members Posts: 7
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought only homos use FL???? Your telling me theirs actually straight people who use this??? You've got to be kidding me.
  • JesseJ
    JesseJ Members Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Been lurking for a while but decided to respond to this thread since it was getting stupid imho.

I bought FL Studio in 2002 and have used ever since. I have made albums, songs, singles, jingles, TV commercials, game music, music for documentaries with it... you name it..
    I paid half my house and a car using FL Studio (+other tools).

I've also owned 4 MPCs, now on a Roland Fantom G, but I still feel sequencing and creating ideas is fantastic in FL Studio.
    I mix in Logic thou.. FL Studio (PC) & hardware for production, Logic (Mac) for mixing and mastering.

I use all tools available, there's no "best" for me, just different tools. FL Studio is fantastic and equally professional as everything these days, cats just don't know their ? and call it a "toy" whatever. I make a living out of making music and audio production, so that makes me PRO and a get a say here.. hehe!

I love the fact that when you buy FL Studio, you get a lifetime of free updates + access to the online video tutorials + forum + online content (many gigas of free samples). I don't know any other company that offers this.

Here's a 10% off coupon code for all Image Line products, including FL Studio and all their plug-ins (OSX AU plugins FTW!): http://affiliate.image-line.com/DDHBG345

Use that code and save up for some additional plugins, piza & beer whatever.

Enjoy and be happy! Pay for the software you use, you're supporting the developement!

- Jesse -