Biblical Mysteries

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
On science channel.

On about, "? & Gomorrah", "Exodus", and "Lost Gospels".

Anyone watching? I'm watching the ? one but the other 2 I missed.

They're investigating the biblical mysteries to explain them scientifically.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't watch the last one, watching the ? and Gomorrah one
    Probably will catch the lost gospels if my son stays sleepin
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Interesting and very controversial. This woulda had DoU's world upside down. I heard there were lost gospels but didn't know exactly the books. I found what the lost gospel of judas supposedly says and that is interesting. I'll have to read it in depth on the computer and not the phone
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    On science channel.

On about, "? & Gomorrah", "Exodus", and "Lost Gospels".

Anyone watching? I'm watching the ? one but the other 2 I missed.

They're investigating the biblical mysteries to explain them scientifically.

you cant explain a biblical "mystery" through science, why doesnt somebody explain how the sun hasnt burned out yet or how gravity works, better yet a better explanation to how we got here than the big bang. phenomena occur, sometimes we as human beings dont have an answer for ? we're ants in the big scheme of things, logic doesnt triumph over everything...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yea I'm sure they're going to tell us the truth on tv lol...
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    you cant explain a biblical "mystery" through science, why doesnt somebody explain how the sun hasnt burned out yet or how gravity works, better yet a better explanation to how we got here than the big bang. phenomena occur, sometimes we as human beings dont have an answer for ? we're ants in the big scheme of things, logic doesnt triumph over everything...

Says who? Can you prove you cannot prove biblical mysteries through science? Do you believe the water was actually "blood"? Do you believe the plagues were just there?

I believe ? worked it all through nature and things that are explainable. I also believe science can explain it. That does not take away from ? . People need to stop fearing these explanations. There's nothing wrong with them.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Yea I'm sure they're going to tell us the truth on tv lol...

I don't feel they were presenting "truth" I think they were trying to say the gospels were "fake" not sure if they mean the gospels themselves are or that it's not the original ones.

They also pretty much try to debunk Gods work and present a scientific stand point.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Interesting and very controversial. This woulda had DoU's world upside down. I heard there were lost gospels but didn't know exactly the books. I found what the lost gospel of judas supposedly says and that is interesting. I'll have to read it in depth on the computer and not the phone

The more and more you read outside of just the bible the more and more things make sense. Keep goin your on the right track.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The more and more you read outside of just the bible the more and more things make sense. Keep goin your on the right track.

As St. Thomas Aquinas said, beware of the man of one book.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Says who? Can you prove you cannot prove biblical mysteries through science? Do you believe the water was actually "blood"? Do you believe the plagues were just there?

I believe ? worked it all through nature and things that are explainable. I also believe science can explain it. That does not take away from ? . People need to stop fearing these explanations. There's nothing wrong with them.
    Why can't ? just say what He means and mean what He says. Yes, ? turned the water into literal blood. People keep on trying to explain away the super-natural in order to discredit ? . Your playing right into the devils hands when you downplay the miraculous. Denying ? His glory is sin.
  • VIBE
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why can't ? just say what He means and mean what He says. Yes, ? turned the water into literal blood. People keep on trying to explain away the super-natural in order to discredit ? . Your playing right into the devils hands when you downplay the miraculous. Denying ? His glory is sin.

No, ? didn't turn the water into literal blood.

Ever heard of 'Red Tide' ??

That's what ? did. It was red tide by still by ? ! Not literal blood. There's evidence today of red tide and it's effects, the same exact effects as it had then.

The plagues are by ? , I believe that. But you gotta realize, the plague was pretty much a chain reaction and is scientifically explained. I believe in ? 100% and I believe in all what He did, create, cause etc but I also can agree with it scientifically. Like I said, this doesn't take away from ? . ? still did all of it, right?

Red%20Tide.jpg

'red tide'

I'll say, yes obviously it looks like blood water, but technically it's not.

I bet you consider the 'Lost Gospels' fake too? Right, it's all heresy. Of course it is.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, ? didn't turn the water into literal blood.

Ever heard of 'Red Tide' ??

That's what ? did. It was red tide by still by ? ! Not literal blood. There's evidence today of red tide and it's effects, the same exact effects as it had then.

The plagues are by ? , I believe that. But you gotta realize, the plague was pretty much a chain reaction and is scientifically explained. I believe in ? 100% and I believe in all what He did, create, cause etc but I also can agree with it scientifically. Like I said, this doesn't take away from ? . ? still did all of it, right?

Red%20Tide.jpg

'red tide'

I'll say, yes obviously it looks like blood water, but technically it's not.

I bet you consider the 'Lost Gospels' fake too? Right, it's all heresy. Of course it is.
    No reason to debate over non-essentials. I believe ? turned the water into blood, just like I believe ? will turn all water into blood in the last days according to Revelation 16:3-4. ? bless.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you starting to see why I do often debate against Christians Vibe? Do you see where the line starts becoming dangerous?

Belief is one thing, placing every single thing into the hands of ? and sitting back and waiting for it to happen is bad.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you starting to see why I do often debate against Christians Vibe? Do you see where the line starts becoming dangerous?

Belief is one thing, placing every single thing into the hands of ? and sitting back and waiting for it to happen is bad.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Are you listening?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Are you listening?

To Andre3000 right now yes. To Bolded words with no source ..... naw the ? need to get Verizon cause I can't hear him now.