So there were chapters removed from the bible?

Options
2»

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    when was the bible officially proven as false?

I believe he was talking about the Da Vinci Code
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    I never said it was. Where did you get this notion from?

Anything not pro-bible is a serious offense and creates panic.
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I never said it was. Where did you get this notion from?
    did u not say one was a work of fiction and the other was a work of fiction with some facts? were u not referring to the bible?
  • tri3w
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, tha Da Vinci Code had alot of truth in it. The hidden passages in D.C., The paintings symbolizing G.Washington as a ? , the Washington ? statues, the lost gospels, the secret rooms in multiple buildings.

It just added a story to fit these things.

wooooooooa.......since when??? lol they did a whole 2 hr thing on it on the history channel, dude made 90 % of his ? up lol..........Maybe thats the only thing he got rite lol
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    i was under the impresssion that None of it was Correct,......he used misused Quotes, realinged Historical timelines, and even flat out made ? up............

Of course Dan Brown did so that it could sell. He had to sensationalize many things. You can check out the link below it has a list of most items disputed and explanations to them.

http://www.religionfacts.com/da_vinci_code/list.htm
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    did u not say one was a work of fiction and the other was a work of fiction with some facts? were u not referring to the bible?

I was being arbitrary in the response. I was referring to any book that is a true work of fiction and any book that is a work of fiction with facts surrounding the fiction. Sorry if that wasnt clear.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wooooooooa.......since when??? lol they did a whole 2 hr thing on it on the history channel, dude made 90 % of his ? up lol..........Maybe thats the only thing he got rite lol

Lol well yea 90% of it was made up. Those things I mentioned are all I can remember that were true, they only make up about 7% of the book.

Like there are hidden passages, that was right. But in the book he took the hidden passages and took from them their original use which is for a time of war in America, and turned them into some secret Illuminati angels and demons trying portal to the occult worship stuff.
  • tri3w
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Of course Dan Brown did so that it could sell. He had to sensationalize many things. You can check out the link below it has a list of most items disputed and explanations to them.

http://www.religionfacts.com/da_vinci_code/list.htm

but Y??? y do that?? ...........makes no sense
  • major pain
    edited August 2010
    Options

Why do what? Sensationalize things? Dan Brown is out to sell books and not to validate religion(s). I like his books, they are entertaining, but thats about it. Dont put too much stock into them and they are decent reads.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well, people are very gullible.

It's sort of like the Illuminati craze, the NWO, etc... You take a group of things with truth to them, then place a well fabricated story around them. People love to think things are much bigger than they are. Most people aren't content with "this is how things are, what you see is what you get". They see a small truth and assume well that's true everything else has to be.

Look at fairy tales, not truth anywhere in them, no one says "WHOA WHOA WHOA, HOLD THE ? UP. MOTHER GOOSE IS REAL I HAVE PROOF!!!!"

Now books like The Da Vinci Code, The Bible, Angels and Demons, etc.. all use things that are true, or things that have happened, then built a story around it so when people say "Well that's fake" they can see that a few things are true and someone will come running to show that a small portion is true then the snowball picks up flakes and rolls on until it's a avalanche and the people trapped under it can no longer see the outside world.