Is there anyone more complete/creative in Music than Eminem

ShadyTeam
ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Reason
This thread isn't about wether Eminem is the best or sales or popularity but is there a more creative Artist in Music a complete Song maker like him?

Eminem Writes Lyrics, Produces Beat's, Mixes his tracks, performs & Sing's his Hook's, put's out Hit Singles, Executive Produces his Album's, play's the Keyboard, Programms Drum machine and does the engineering in the Studio

Even Ghost Writting if you look at the Chronic 2001 Dr Dre himself said Eminem Wrote alot of the records on that Album

You gotta look at live performance too so many Artists don't tour regularly but Eminem always tours when he put's out an Album

Comments

• coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Kanye........................
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Kanye west catalogue > eminem
    it's simply more enjoyable

Angryrevx.gif?1280037820

Angryrevx.gif?1280037820

Angryrevx.gif?1280037820

Angryrevx.gif?1280037820
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    weezy and kanye
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    This thread isn't about wether Eminem is the best or sales or popularity but is there a more creative Artist in Music a complete Song maker like him?

Eminem Writes Lyrics, Produces Beat's, Mixes his tracks, performs & Sing's his Hook's, put's out Hit Singles, Executive Produces his Album's, play's the Keyboard, Programms Drum machine and does the engineering in the Studio

the underlined is really 3 things

but you said ? like "plays keyboard & drum machine" which is part of producing
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    coolc31 wrote: »
    Kanye West

See Kanye West doesn't really perform Hook's or Sing on the Hook's like Eminem i'm not saying Kanye West doesn't ever do Hook's but he definitley gets features for Hook's and he will use Auto Tune as well

Also Kanye West had help with Lyrics too Jesus Walks wasn't Written just by Kanye it was Co Written with someone else

Kanye also samples more than Eminem as far as Beat making

And i'm not sure if Kanye Mixes tracks either
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Yeah Kanye is more creative. He damn near a genius.
  • coolc31
    edited August 2010
    See Kanye West doesn't really perform Hook's or Sing on the Hook's like Eminem i'm not saying Kanye West doesn't ever do Hook's but he definitley gets features for Hook's and he will use Auto Tune as well

Also Kanye West had help with Lyrics too Jesus Walks wasn't Written just by Kanye it was Co Written with someone else

lol...you're funny...you name one song out of the 500 he's made. Plus, Kanye does plenty of his own hooks...just admit you don't listen to him
  • rosskemp
    rosskemp Members Posts: 206
    edited August 2010
    who gives a ? about hooks
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    yeah ima have to say kanye
    along with the fact that i can actually feel his music
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    Not true if you check Album credits a Song can be Produced by someone but someone else could have got credits for MIxing or someone could have got credit for Programming the Drum machine

Then you got your engineers in the Studio

My point really is Eminem does everything and that's how it's been since 1999 when The Slim Shady LP came out
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I'm sorry, but how many times is eminem gon use that same production sound that always got me thinkin batman is about to show up somewhere
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010

he harmonizing/singing on this one.

I'll give you this one

sampling is a staple of hip hop.

Yeah he mixes tracks
  • drsnappple
    drsnappple Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    edited August 2010

Even Ghost Writting if you look at the Chronic 2001 Dr Dre himself said Eminem Wrote alot of the records on that Album

You gotta look at live performance too so many Artists don't tour regularly but Eminem always tours when he put's out an Album

Em isn't even touring. He said it's too much of a temptation in his sober lifestyle. Shut up about Em already you already know what peoples reaction is gonna be. If Eminem is so great how do you explain songs like "? ." How could anyone ever like the song "? "? I will give though that I like Em as a producer, I know Im in the minority but hes had some moments of greatness in producing.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    lol...you're funny...you name one song out of the 500 he's made

I named Jesus Walks but i know Kanye has had other Song's were people have Co Wrote it with him like i said Kanye will get people to do the Hook's on his Song's too

Eminem Writes all his Song's, Sing's his Hook's, Produces the Beat's, Mixes the tracks, does the Drum Programming, Ghost Writes for Dr Dre
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I gotta c/s Kanye too, he just keeps pushing music higher and higher.
  • coolc31
    edited August 2010
    I named Jesus Walks but i know Kanye has had other Song's were people have Co Wrote it with him like i said Kanye will get people to do the Hook's on his Song's too

Eminem Writes all his Song's, Sing's his Hook's, Produces the Beat's, Mixes the tracks, does the Drum Programming, Ghost Writes for Dr Dre

listen to his music...he does plenty of his own hooks...Jay-Z has written for Dre
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    I am aware Sampling is apart of Hip-Hop but you are more creative if you make a Beat from scratch like Eminem does

It is easier to Sample

You named one Song where Kanye is performing/Harmonozing the Hook but Eminem Sing's not just Harmonizes but actually Sing's almost every Hook on most his Song's where as Kanye uses features for Hook's alot
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Troll em, Shady.

He's done hooks though. On every album. Without the Autotune.

And the rest of his catalouge that just ? on Em?

He also makes more beats than Em with and without samples.

He does.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Not true if you check Album credits a Song can be Produced by someone but someone else could have got credits for MIxing or someone could have got credit for Programming the Drum machine

Then you got your engineers in the Studio

My point really is Eminem does everything and that's how it's been since 1999 when The Slim Shady LP came out

you know thats a damn lie

so... eminem did everything on the slim shady lp

produced all the beats, did all the recording, mixed & mastered all the tracks?
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    listen to his music...he does plenty of his own hooks...Snoop & Jay-Z have written for Dre

But not like Eminem where Eminem does all the Hook's on his Song's or features on a Tony Yayo Song for example to do the Hook

I haven't heard Kanye West feature to do a Hook apart from that Camron Song

Usually when Eminem features on a Song he will make the Beat and do the Hook to and Mix the track
  • ShadyTeam
    edited August 2010
    Brian B. wrote: »
    you know thats a damn lie

so... eminem did everything on the slim shady lp

produced all the beats, did all the recording, mixed & mastered all the tracks?

Every Song aside from My Name Is & Role Model were Produced by Eminem he didn't Mix and master all the Song's though
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    In all Music of course . In Hip Hop only a few Kanye being the easy choice , He just offers more musically than Em . Em is no slouch though
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    kanye-west-glasses.jpg
    Mr. West is in the building
  • coolc31
    edited August 2010
    But not like Eminem where Eminem does all the Hook's on his Song's or features on a Tony Yayo Song for example to do the Hook

I haven't heard Kanye West feature to do a Hook apart from that Camron Song

Usually when Eminem features on a Song he will make the Beat and do the Hook to and Mix the track

Is this what you're seriously holding on to? He does hooks when he makes a beat. I know you like Em, but damn. You can't convince me to think like you. If you think Em is he most creative, good for you. I respectfully agree to disagree.
This discussion has been closed.