Why do so many of the new NY rappers have the Jadakiss and Fab disease?

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    You know, punchlines but just can't put together songs, they are so damn interchangeable and one dimensional . There is nothing compelling about none of these cats either, they don't have a unique story, according to everyone of these mfs, they are slanging rocks on the block. There aint enough cokeheads in the U.S. for all this coke talk. Why does it seem like every NY is i'm from the block ? , are mfs experiences that limited?

YES,yes there experiences are that limited
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Wow,
    Just because you sound factual with your opinions,
    Doesn't mean your right.

First off, Jadakiss isn't nothing like Fab .
    Kiss got slept on classic cuts, and been true to himself since Day 1.
    Nobody haven't been a consistent rapper like Jada .

Why switch up a style that got you through the decades?
    Why switch up a style that got you respected from GOAT artist?

Since when was Jada a punchline only rapper?
    The Last Kiss wasn't as bad as people make it out to be,
    And its obvious somebody slept on a bunch of Kiss's recent work.

Homie is respected enough to get a Nas feature, on a 2010 mixtape:
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    We gon make it is that s***....
    Wow,
    Just because you sound factual with your opinions,
    Doesn't mean your right.

First off, Jadakiss isn't nothing like Fab .
    Kiss got slept on classic cuts, and been true to himself since Day 1.
    Nobody haven't been a consistent rapper like Jada .

Why switch up a style that got you through the decades?
    Why switch up a style that got you respected from GOAT artist?

Since when was Jada a punchline only rapper?
    The Last Kiss wasn't as bad as people make it out to be,
    And its obvious somebody slept on a bunch of Kiss's recent work.

Homie is respected enough to get a Nas feature, on a 2010 mixtape:
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Kiss and Budden can make songs. I dunno about Bank$; the Big Withdraw was tough, but.................. Hunger for More is the worst album I've ever heard.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    fabs last album was great, and alot of these southern dudes (luda,wayne) abuse punchlines as well

yeah I like Wayne but I swear this ? has come up with more ways to say "I'm in the building and you aren't" than any rapper in history...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Seriously though, why do all these think they're Charles Cosby or Freeway Rick. There isn't that much coke in the world. And why are they're always selling coke. Why hasn't somebody can out talking about selling the most heroin, crank, or weed. ? isn't the only drug in the world.
  • enomujacku
    enomujacku Members Posts: 992
    edited September 2010
    here we go again. this seem like ny undercover hate joint. first off fab and jada got hits and classics and as far as the drug thing, if i see another downsouth mixtape wit the word trap in it imma spazz out.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    are mfs experiences that limited?
    Not just in NY, there are other regions that have rappers that are limited with what they are able to do. Plus Murda Mook is known for recycling. A lot of people don't realize that the best rappers aren't in the mainstream. You've got take a chance and "go underwater" to find some real treasures.
    sboogie wrote: »
    I just judge them by their best, not their ? .
    True
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    YEA it's really sad it's like they have put there own music in a box on top of that it's nursery rhyme metaphors and ? Luda and Wayne need to cut that ? out too it's cool here and there but a song of i'm chilling like or i got cars like my gun is like. I think us hit on something these rappers want to pretend it's 1987 again. teh ? epidemic isn't still jumping off like that Pollice have smarten up but yet folks still rapping like it's all coke moving in and out everyday. It's part of the game and the cycle that these rappers have followed for so long they can't even force themselves to break that cycle. It's lazy music
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Seriously though, why do all these think they're Charles Cosby or Freeway Rick. There isn't that much coke in the world. And why are they're always selling coke. Why hasn't somebody can out talking about selling the most heroin, crank, or weed. ? isn't the only drug in the world.

They just playign into old school raps stereotypes. ? Aids is a bigger killer in the hood than ? ? need to start rapping bout how they slanging that ? with no protection
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    enomujacku wrote: »
    here we go again. this seem like ny undercover hate joint. first off fab and jada got hits and classics and as far as the drug thing, if i see another downsouth mixtape wit the word trap in it imma spazz out.

i'm a fan of Fab from his first album but what classics does he have? he's a good rapper but he's not very good at branching out that often...the other day I mentioned some good story telling songs he has but he doesn't have THAT many of them...most of his songs are about a. he's in love b. he's fly c. he's fly and he'll take your girl...very rarely does he branch outside of those topics...when he does he does it well but he doesn't do it often enough
  • enomujacku
    enomujacku Members Posts: 992
    edited September 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    i'm a fan of Fab from his first album but what classics does he have? he's a good rapper but he's not very good at branching out that often...the other day I mentioned some good story telling songs he has but he doesn't have THAT many of them...most of his songs are about a. he's in love b. he's fly c. he's fly and he'll take your girl...very rarely does he branch outside of those topics...when he does he does it well but he doesn't do it often enough
    i was speakin on jada when i was talkin the classics but breathe is a classic. fab got hits, i dont ? with em though but thats just me. point is he can make songs.
  • slugproof
    slugproof Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    They just playign into old school raps stereotypes. ? Aids is a bigger killer in the hood than ? ? need to start rapping bout how they slanging that ? with no protection

the problem is, they took our best MC's.
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Fab and Street Fam are legit, you read about them everyday in the daily news, whether you realize it or not. I think Losos Way was one of if the the best Fab album out.

Jada idk about, his albums always fall flat.
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I think us hit on something these rappers want to pretend it's 1987 again... It's part of the game and the cycle that these rappers have followed for so long they can't even force themselves to break that cycle. It's lazy music
    But in 1987, rap was being taken to newer heights as far as lyricism and the music. Yes, the music is lazy but someone has to break out of the old mold.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    in ny ? want to be impressed by every line , they could care less about your flow. other region if you have e a hot 4 bars and good beat and a nice flow ok hook you other 28 bar can be ? but your be straight . that style has gotten many ny ? plat and has a bunch of mixtape artist from ny with more money then signed and up coming artist. ? . ? that style put nicki on , now everyone is on her ? .
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    I cant co sign this Hunger For More was better than Kiss The Game Goodbye and it's better than Padded Room too. But Padded Room had some deep tracks as well as some dope concept songs. Budden is a punchline rapper that def knows how to switch it up and actually make songs.

Feel Me (no ? ), Show Discipline, Aint None Of Yall Betta >>>>3 Sides To A Story, Dumb Out, Southside Story etc
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited September 2010
    You know, punchlines but just can't put together songs, they are so damn interchangeable and one dimensional . There is nothing compelling about none of these cats either, they don't have a unique story, according to everyone of these mfs, they are slanging rocks on the block. There aint enough cokeheads in the U.S. for all this coke talk. Why does it seem like every NY is i'm from the block ? , are mfs experiences that limited?

It seems that way cuz now that Nino is dead or has been dead ? wanna be him..On a more on topic note, they all flow the same, all sound the same. THEY RHYME LIKE THE FOLLOW

I shovel the snow in the middle of the blizzard
    with that burner in the holster ? around and toast ya

Let's add Santana to this list of ppl
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Jada can craft dope songs, i can tell when ? haven't listened to rappers properly.

The same way people act like Styles P only makes songs, about guns drugs violence etc.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    garv wrote: »
    Jada can craft dope songs, i can tell when ? haven't listened to rappers properly.

The same way people act like Styles P only makes songs, about guns drugs violence etc.

I've heard all Jadas albums and mixtapes, dude cannot craft songs, he rhymes are all set up around his punchlines. Not to mention he always use the same set up like "i'm in a Maybach Exelero coupe, the color of baby ? ". Dude is formulaic as hell with his music
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Feel Me (no ? ), Show Discipline, Aint None Of Yall Betta >>>>3 Sides To A Story, Dumb Out, Southside Story etc

.....an emphatic NO!!!
  • dj expanium
    edited September 2010
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

more ny hate huh. but why is wayne jeezy ross ti getting a pass. get this bs outta here
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    more ny hate huh. but why is wayne jeezy ross ti getting a pass. get this bs outta here

LOL Naw dude, everyone knows im a eastcoast rap fan, and i don't care for Wayne, Jeezy, or Ross. Wayne doesn't rap about ? , Ross never switches his flow and is carried by his beats, and Jeezy is all adlibs. I don't think it's no coincidence that no NY ? aside from 50 has popped up since forever.
  • hood president
    hood president Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    LOL Naw dude, everyone knows im a eastcoast rap fan, and i don't care for Wayne, Jeezy, or Ross. Wayne doesn't rap about ? , Ross never switches his flow and is carried by his beats, and Jeezy is all adlibs. I don't think it's no coincidence that no NY ? aside from 50 has popped up since forever.

Yep. Its ashame. they Fab and Jada are good rappers but i get bored when i listen to their songs. Same with lots of new yorkers.

And no im not a waka, rick ross or lil wayne fan.