2»

Comments

• Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    PSX (aka PlayStation/PS1) is possibly the best ever. The Atari2600 and NES both had far more ? games than good games, The Sega Genesis/Megadrive and SNES had better quality-to-? ratios, but the PSX had too many classics and more than enough good games to outweigh the handful of craptastic games that were released for it.

PS2 and XBox don't count because by the time they were released, games began to rely more on graphics horsepower over actual game experience.

^^Realest ? evar/
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    PS2. It changed the game.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    n64 not like this cd ? just blow that tape and it would keep working no ? though
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    n64 easy..........
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    snes & n64. mario 64...classic
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Didnt even drop outside Japan.

PSX is the Japanese name for the original Playstation during development and was used when referring to the Japanese version in American magazines. Also, Playstation emulators refer to the machine as a PSX.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    PSX is the Japanese name for the original Playstation during development and was used when referring to the Japanese version in American magazines. Also, Playstation emulators refer to the machine as a PSX.

Nah its actually a DVR, it was the first thing to ever use what is now known as Sonys trademark XMB, it was never really outside of JPN

Console_psx.jpg
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    It's a hard choice, but I'm gonna go with the PS2......PS1 and SNES are close too
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Nah its actually a DVR, it was the first thing to ever use what is now known as Sonys trademark XMB, it was never really outside of JPN

Console_psx.jpg

that came out long after the fact. Google "Gamepro 1996 psx"; all of their Playstation reviews fall under the "PSX" platform because that's what it was widely known as. Trust me on this, I worked a second job at Funcoland from Nov 1995 to May 1996. I sold 'em by the truckload and they were referred to as the PSX.

We were all calling 'em the PSX in 1996, well before this thing came out. Take a look through any video game magazine from 1995 through 1998, it was called a PSX. Many guys, like myself, were really keen on the name if you owned a first gen American Playstation with the SCPH1001 BIOS because these were the only machines that could boot a Japanese game without having to hack the machine (insert an American CD, let it boot to the Sony logo, then immediately swap out the US game for a Japanese game).
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    SNES number one. I'll say PS2 next because you can play PS games on them also.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    SNES and PS2 tied, SNES was my childhood, PS2 was my teenage years. Both have ridiculously great games on them that are still relevant today.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    that came out long after the fact. Google "Gamepro 1996 psx"; all of their Playstation reviews fall under the "PSX" platform because that's what it was widely known as. Trust me on this, I worked a second job at Funcoland from Nov 1995 to May 1996. I sold 'em by the truckload and they were referred to as the PSX.

We were all calling 'em the PSX in 1996, well before this thing came out. Take a look through any video game magazine from 1995 through 1998, it was called a PSX. Many guys, like myself, were really keen on the name if you owned a first gen American Playstation with the SCPH1001 BIOS because these were the only machines that could boot a Japanese game without having to hack the machine (insert an American CD, let it boot to the Sony logo, then immediately swap out the US game for a Japanese game).

Honestly, the system in the pic (DVR) is what was released as the PSX, but only in Japan. Somehow, the name PSX got mixed up with the PS1. You're right, the PS1 is referred to as the PSX in the US, but it was never meant to be. People saw the name and got it mixed up with a product that never came this side.
  • JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited September 2010
    snk_neogeo_2s.jpg
    NEO GEO Home Version
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I can hardly remember games from the NES. The console with the most memorable games to me was the N64.

Starfox 64
    Goldeneye 64
    Mario 64
    Smashbrothers
    Perfectdark
    Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Flying Dragon (underrated game)
    Silicon Valley(funny ass game)
    Mario Cart
    Madden 99
    WWF Wrestlemania
    WCW/NWO Revenge