More Annoying the guys who grunt in the gym or guys who ask waht your routine is?

Options
headrek1
headrek1 Members Posts: 121
edited September 2010 in The Weight Room
It's a toss up for me. Don't get me wrong I don't mind giving out help when it's needed. I had a friend who wanted to lift with me for a month and I had no problem with that cuz it was expected, or offering advice on a froum like this. But my pet-peeve however is when people, interupt me in the middle of a routine and ask what the ? I do to look like I do. Sometimes I just tell them, I WORKOUT ALOT, what did you think it was a secret formula, steroids (I'm only a buck 65, so I laugh at people who think that), workout as much as I do (used to at least) then if you still want to ask me what I do I'll help, I hate lazy ass mf's in the gym.

But then also another big pet-peev of mine is the guy who has to grunt everytime he does an exercise. This goofy-mug might be benchpressing 100 pounds, but has to grunt after every rep, I'm like dude shut the ? up. In my old gym there was a powerlifter who was pressing close to 450lbs (repping that ? out too), as quiet as you would expect someone lifting that much to be. But the you got mighty mouse over there with two 25 plates on a junior bar grunting like he's moving mountains. I think I'm just easily annoyed.

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    grunting isnt that bad to me, cause i do expect it, but i HATE when people ask me what my routine is when im working out, im not about to take time outta my workout to explain to you what i do, do ur own ? and i will do mine
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the general consesus is the posers are annoying as ? ...
  • ytownborn
    ytownborn Members Posts: 420
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Id have to go with people asking me my routines,for that hour and 45 minutes its MY time to zone out and go to war with the weights and cardio.At least ask when im transitioning to the next station but dont get @ me between sets ? !My music is on full blast when im lifting so the grunts dont effect me unless im between traccs.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think the general consesus is the posers are annoying as ? ...

DEAD...That ? is funny cuz i do the 'make sure the bar is even' look

But to the question, people asking questions is worse.

My motto is get in, get the ? out. Anything that interupts that is a problem.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    neither......i don't mind people asking for my routine nor grunting dudes.............

? is actually funny to me...........
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    grunting when you're moving paperweights is annoying as ? .

I can see if you're deadlifting major weight or squatting big... but when you're sittin there curling 25lbs??? ON A MACHINE????!!!

FOH.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It don't really bother me. I'm in the zone when I am lifting so somebody else grunting is of little importance to me. If somebody asks me what my routine is, I tell them. After we get done talking, it's back to killing some weights. Simple as that.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I-Pods FTW. But I don't mind showing people some routines. Why? Because I know how foreign and over whelming all that ? can be when you start off. The annoying person to me is the person that doesn't re-rack they ? or put the weights back in the proper location. Why the ? you can carry that 125 dumb bell over to the other side of the gym but you can't carry it back or people who put the weights in the wrong slots. Gym etiquette basically.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nobody ever really talks to me. I get into convos with some old cats every now and then that I see up there frequently. But thats about it.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i do ask some ppl that i know a lil bit what exercise is good to train what muscle etc.. because i dont wanna do it all wrong
    but i aint tryna start discussions in the gym, some ppl start talkin and they wont stop that ? can be annoyin, i dont go to the gym to find friends but i might need some advice
    the show offs are funny man ? is comedy
  • headrek1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah the person who doesn't re-rack is annoying. I'm generally cool with ipods, back some years ago I used to work out with the ipod, but I didn't have one of those armband things to carry it in at the time, so I found that it was more of an annoyance than a help at some point, so I left it at home.

Another pet-peeve though, the guy who takes 10 minute breaks on machines, or just decides that the curl machine is a park bench. Again maybe I'm just easily aggravated.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hearing the grunting from across the room is on the extra side.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I got one for ya'll there is a guy who when he works out lays out about 4 to 5 fitness or muscle magazines and the biggest tupperware of chalk on an empty bench he's also a talker so that ? lays there for hours and he only comes back to re-chalk....
  • headrek1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wait he lays onut the magazines and the chalk on the bench? Occupying a bench that could otherwise be used for work?!!?!?!? Yeah that would grind my gears, I think. Does he do it in a communal sense though? Meaning, is he leaving it out there for other people to use (the mags, not necessarily the chalk)? If so, then the fact that he's using a bench still would be annoying but I could cope with it a lil more.
  • headrek1
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On the grnuting though, I'm talking excessive, everybody strains at times.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    headrek1 wrote: »
    On the grnuting though, I'm talking excessive, everybody strains at times.

Last time I was in the weight room, there was some guy grunting all loud after every rep. Then he throws the dumb bells down after every set. Not just sets them down...throws them. That is so annoying.
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That ? bugs the ? out of me when guys come up to me and ask me, dude that grunt are goofy as ? that should stop
  • J-GUTTA
    edited September 2010
    Options
    headrek1 wrote: »
    Wait he lays onut the magazines and the chalk on the bench? Occupying a bench that could otherwise be used for work?!!?!?!? Yeah that would grind my gears, I think. Does he do it in a communal sense though? Meaning, is he leaving it out there for other people to use (the mags, not necessarily the chalk)? If so, then the fact that he's using a bench still would be annoying but I could cope with it a lil more.

Ya......He was there this Saturday.

1283734427.jpg
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Grunts. It irked me cause some ? really do it for attention. (College tho)

I'm all earphones in the gym now tho.