Why do you think Obama won't legalize marijuana and tax it?

13»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    IMO this would be political suicide, at least in the first term. it would however be something he could get started in a lame duck capacity, assuming he ran and won a 2nd term...

tbh tho, and at the risk of soundin hypocritical bein as I just finished an L lol, I have reservations about greenery bein legalized anyway... JMO. I'm 100% for it bein decriminalized, but makin it all the way legal...:unno

Why do you have reservations about it being legalized? Decriminalized is not bad, but why not go a step further?

And it doesn't have to be political suicide, he could just convince Americans we need a new source of revenue, but that it will be completely up to the states on what they want to do.

He should state that the federal govt will not prosecute any marijuana related crimes, because it's expensive and taking money away from infrastructure projects, but he will NOT force a state to legalize marijuana.

If he sends the message that the Feds will not prosecute marijuana related crimes, than states will be encouraged to legalize weed on there own. Sounds brilliant to me.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    heyslick wrote: »
    I just don't think this society needs another addictive substance (for some folks) to abuse and for our youth to experiment with well before they've reached their potential in this very competitive world/environment.I say tax the smokers and consumers of alcohol. ALSO start fining (more so than the current penalty) those who still talk on cell phones/texting while driving.....some of them people are really dangerous.

lol cigarettes are legal and yet more kids are "experimenting" with weed. legal or not, it's going to exist. in fact teen smoking rates are higher in the us than in amsterdam