The Roots - How I Got Over

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Essence
41icyalea9l._sl500_aa300_-304x304.jpg

One of the better albums of this year, by quite some way.

Thoughts on this? What where your favourite tracks?

How I Got Over as a single, leaked last year and has been present on a playlist. It's possibly one of my favourite singles of the past year or so... but there are plenty of other great tracks on the album too.

Comments

• Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love this album. I wasn't very familiar with The Roots before this album, I knew they were praised. My favorite track is Walk Alone. Radio Daze, Now Or Never, The Fire are also great. Is P.O.R.N. signed to any label? I think he drops some dope verses on The Roots' albums.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    I love this album. I wasn't very familiar with The Roots before this album, I knew they were praised. My favorite track is Walk Alone. Radio Daze, Now Or Never, The Fire are also great. Is P.O.R.N. signed to any label? I think he drops some dope verses on The Roots' albums.

dope album. you should def start checking The Roots whole catalog.

i dont know whats good with P.O.R.N. thats the other thing i find with their albums, a lot of them have features and dope verses from rappers I'm not familiar with. The Roots crew is always puttin me up on someone
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    dope album. you should def start checking The Roots whole catalog.

i dont know whats good with P.O.R.N. thats the other thing i find with their albums, a lot of them have features and dope verses from rappers I'm not familiar with. The Roots crew is always puttin me up on someone

I did, I like their stuff from Illadelph Halflife and forward, they just get better and better.

I wouldn't mind listening to a P.O.R.N. album, that guy is good. I would like to hear more from Malik B too
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Personally, my album of the year...
  • SnatchWorld
    SnatchWorld Members Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its down to this and big boi for album of the year, so far in my opinion.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its down to this and big boi for album of the year, so far in my opinion.

add distant relatives and i co sign
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited August 2010
    Options
    good album, but everytime i listen to it, that ? autotuned baby crying track gets stuck in my head!! hahaha I love the album though, dope rhymes, dope beats
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love this album from first to last track; favorite track is Radio Daze.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Album of the year candidate along with Distant Relatives.... Favorite song is Dear ? 2.0... Black Thought shredded that track.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think this album definitely has nod over Distant Relatives.... but that's just me... I saw Distant Relatives performed live, which was dope and I can definitely appreciate the quality of the album, but it doesn't sit as right with me as this one.
  • pinyapplesuckas
    pinyapplesuckas Members Posts: 58
    edited September 2010
    Options
    very dope album, slept on like their entire catalog.