2Pac or Jay Z? (Better Catalog)

123457»

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2010
    c1up wrote: »
    O so you saying Pac was gonna have Jay killed... and you know this... How?

wat i meant is 2pac was gonna run j outta rap wit SELLZ! j will neva sell 5mill n 2monthz n his LIFETIME! 2pac was a DON n 96 & j was a peasant compared 2 2pac when pac was BREATHIN!
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    ? the hell you talking about??? So you saying homos don't buy MJB's music? And how am I looking at it from a Pop standpoint, the whole gist of what I originally was saying is she had soul to somebody because she damn sure sold a whole lot, and what does hip hop and pop stand point have to do with appeal... 50 wasn't no pop but he had the mass appeal to sell and not be limited

we goin off point

all i;m saying Mary J is the queen of R&B/Hip...

thats what the majority have crowned her, me and u cant change that

she birthed the ? and she was ontop it even when mariah was around

my point was Mary J is not a better technical singer than Mariah, however she still has more hits when it comes to r&b/hip hop..... mariah has tried with snoop, bones thugs, jay, jada, diddy...however mary j just has more classics and is better at what dhe does....now if we are talking about who has better songs as a pop star, then thats a diff argument..
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    add

"Oh! This must be the way the ? 'Pac felt when he made Me Against the World," "All Eyez on Me"
    Y'all ? got me feelin like all eyes on me, me against the world
    Mmm, y'all got me on my ? " Jay

smh.....picture pac praiisin j after he said j got big ? suckin lipz DIEE SLOW lol
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    jay dont run to mariah to sing song cry for him live feel me
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    lmao you still stuck on that song and that wasn't even a diss... you fishing hard, usually you have better ammo to shoot at Jay, stick with the Deshawn Stevens thing

that aint fishing hard. Jay Z is a punk its evident. pac rode on him..he was quiet and he admitted that his state was soft when snoop crushed them buildings

Jay Z=punk
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    we goin off point

all i;m saying Mary J is the queen of R&B/Hip...

thats what the majority have crowned her, me and u cant change that

she birthed the ? and she was ontop it even when mariah was around

my point was Mary J is not a better technical singer than Mariah, however she still has more hits when it comes to r&b/hip hop..... mariah has tried with snoop, bones thugs, jay, jada, diddy...however mary j just has more classics and is better at what dhe does....now if we are talking about who has better songs as a pop star, then thats a diff argument..

lol I wasn't taking nothing from MJB... the media gave her that crown, the ppl endorse it and it fits and if you're gonna compare artist in regards to a genre, if that's what you're saying, then you have to choose those in the same range of music, like Keisha Cole or Lil Mo or Ashanti or Aaliyah or etc. in many ways, though it's hard to call her Queen or R&B when you think of Aretha or LaBelle, though their genre might not necessarily encompass that which R&B
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    gee757 wrote: »
    wat i meant is 2pac was gonna run j outta rap wit SELLZ! j will neva sell 5mill n 2monthz n his LIFETIME! 2pac was a DON n 96 & j was a peasant compared 2 2pac when pac was BREATHIN!

If a core group of fans like ya music, then you can't get ran off... because you'll always have that core of fans supporting, though I dig what you're saying
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    lol I wasn't taking nothing from MJB... the media gave her that crown, the ppl endorse it and it fits and if you're gonna compare artist in regards to a genre, if that's what you're saying, then you have to choose those in the same range of music, like Keisha Cole or Lil Mo or Ashanti or Aaliyah or etc. in many ways, though it's hard to call her Queen or R&B when you think of Aretha or LaBelle, though their genre might not necessarily encompass that which R&B

not queen of r&b dog lol

queen of hip hop r&b

i.e singing with a ? doin a rap verse....she made that ? cool

now every r&b act does it...havin ? rappin a verse on the song..

Mariah also jumped on it, but her songs are cheesy...
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    that aint fishing hard. Jay Z is a punk its evident. pac rode on him..he was quiet and he admitted that his state was soft when snoop crushed them buildings

Jay Z=punk

I wouldn't call saying ? Jay-Z being rode on, but hey tomato tomatoe and maybe he is a punk, the question is will that stop ppl from feeling his music and buying the albums he drop
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    Tomp is a tired redundant poster that used his antics to get attention. Rarely you see him in other threads discussing about other rappers beside Jay and Eminem. Dude has a short attention span for other rappers and is pathetic Camel's stan. He will forever swing on the Camel's ? like a little monkey and usually swallowed the half-man half-mammal creature's ? that poured down through his esophagus into his stomach. Just ignored the little immature forbidden child that keep crying for attention and continue with your life.

Ha. Damn sigel, you gonna let homie eat your "manhood" like that??
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    jonthand gettin his cheerleader on with the pomp pomps
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    not queen of r&b dog lol

queen of hip hop r&b

i.e singing with a ? doin a rap verse....she made that ? cool

now every r&b act does it...havin ? rappin a verse on the song..

Mariah also jumped on it, but her songs are cheesy...

you know it's funny I've always heard it as Queen of hiphop and R&B but indeed if it's that way you said it is... hey MJB was on a style that everybody ran with... for females
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    If a core group of fans like ya music, then you can't get ran off... because you'll always have that core of fans supporting, though I dig what you're saying

but jiggaz small ny fanbase wouldve been a laufin stock compared 2 2pacz WORLDWIDE FANZ n 96
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited August 2010
    "I don't even hate on those who hate me I got PAC on, feeling it?"
    hov started that too big to respond ? that nas ? was building up over years jay would have responded once he got a bigger fan base
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    but jiggaz small ny fanbase wouldve been a laufin stock compared 2 2pacz WORLDWIDE FANZ n 96

Dips had a core fan base... but still did well, I don't think anyone would have been laughing at how few fans Jay would have had as compared to Pac
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Dips had a core fan base... but still did well, I don't think anyone would have been laughing at how few fans Jay would have had as compared to Pac

WAT DIPZ? DIPSET??? wat do they have 2 do wit anythang tupac wasnt shittin on them n 96 like j
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    WAT DIPZ? DIPSET??? wat do they have 2 do wit anythang tupac wasnt shittin on them n 96 like j

I'm saying in the sense they have a group of fans that digs their style and they do just fine, what makes you think Jay couldn't have ended up in the same situation
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    jay smashes this dude pac fans are crazy. i really wish this dude didn't die so we could see what's really good. put him nas jay and big on stage and pac is gonna have to fall to the back and watch
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I'm not a JayZ fan ..... but Jay(*)

Pac is the standard for consistent Catalog... but he's gone & his beats would sound dated today.

(*) still alive & had the assist from Biggie
  • deadprez123
    deadprez123 Members Posts: 18
    edited August 2010
    The ? pac only had 2 cd's that were solid. 7DT and MATW
    almost every cd jay-z has had went hard except kingdom come.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The ? pac only had 2 cd's that were solid. 7DT and MATW
    almost every cd jay-z has had went hard except kingdom come.

? outta here

pac catalog ? on jayz/big stolen lyrics catalog u ? riding stan
  • louevilslugga
    louevilslugga Members Posts: 22
    edited September 2010
    if were talkin about flow and delivery hands down its jay. but if were talkin subject matter and story telling ability its pac. im not a jay fan at all. he has a few good songs other than that i dont care for him, but the dude is talented nonetheless. but pac could write some ? that everybody could relate to no matter where your from or what color u are. to be completely honest ive never heard RD or BP or any other jay albums except for vol. 2. but IN MY OPINION pac has to have the better catalog. he wrote about a lot of real ? and came from his heart. how many other rappers have a song like keep ya head up?