I Hope Yall Never Watch Fresh Prince the Same After This

Options
a_wack_poster
a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in Fresh Produce
Aiight so for my class we had to create an all original song, the rap or singer could be us or whatever we found on the internet. So I took it upon myself, to remake the Fresh Prince into a smooth ass track ? can bump in the whip.

So without further ado, a_wack_poster PRESENTS:

This Is A Story: http://www.zshare.net/audio/803079164aa3f87f/

Honest Comments, feedback, critique and all that other good ? is appreciated

Edit: Damn File is big as ? and zshare taking a while to stream it... I would recommend downloading it or going to THIS LINK

Comments

• drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited September 2010
    Options
    day got dem tracks on deck!
  • a_wack_poster
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    the beat is ill. the chopping in ? isnt too bad either. you did a good job on it.

how much time did you spend on it?

Thanks bro! I started on it this past Wednesday in class, I said ? it Imma do something stupid as ? for my final. I started on the beat first, the choirs, hats drums nshit. Did all that ? first. Just got a nice 8 bar loop goin.

THEN CAME THE ? .... I had to chop EVERY ? phrase from that acapella and load it into a NN-XT in Reason. And yall know how had it is to sample ? in reason.

Once I found the right root note to start em, I just played em in by hand. You could tell where each sample starts and stops. We also had to use a Motif Rack and Korg radius so I was back and forth with Pro Tools and Reason... Since we had to do all that ? I said ? it, threw the heartbeats in there. And it was then when I realized I may have a banger on my hands.

Long story short. About 10-11 hours total. Didnt spend too much time mixing it, because I was too busy gettin them damn samples to fit right.
  • a_wack_poster
    edited September 2010
    Options
    drematic wrote: »
    day got dem tracks on deck!

I try my nig... A ? just like ? wit this ?
  • a_wack_poster
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Art Institute... urban production class. We mostly be recording country music nshit since we in nashville, but we finally got a chance to ? wit ? ? ... We had to remake Nothin But A G Thang, Are You That Somebody, and a song of our choice. I picked Throw some D's ? sounds exactly like it
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ....this should load quicker.....
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/8030936518ccc3c4/

this is dope, ? ; I digs the ? outta' that "heartbeat" breakdown - major props!!!!!
  • a_wack_poster
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fa Sho Reverend Grundy! I preciate da feedback mane
  • TheSouthrnGent
    TheSouthrnGent Members Posts: 37
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't know why...but this ? had me crackin up...LoL

But I'm diggin the creativity in it. Good job homie.
  • a_wack_poster
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol I was cracking up the whole time making this ? too. I had fun even tho this is my first time really working wit sampling in depth like this.. thanks for checkin it out tho
  • TheSouthrnGent
    TheSouthrnGent Members Posts: 37
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol I was cracking up the whole time making this ? too. I had fun even tho this is my first time really working wit sampling in depth like this.. thanks for checkin it out tho

Bet that my nig