Inuyasha - The Final Act

Options
TANGLUNG
TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Animania
From Wikipedia:

The episodes of the Japanese anime series InuYasha: The Final Act are based on the last 21 volumes of the manga series of the same title by Rumiko Takahashi. The original staff and cast from the first InuYasha anime adaptation were brought back together for the new series. It began airing on Japan's YTV on October 3, 2009.

The episodes pick up where the first adaptation left off, and continues to follow high schooled Kagome Higurashi and the half-demon named InuYasha as they continue travelling with a lecherous monk, a young fox demon, a demon slayer, and a demon cat to find the final fragments of the shattered Jewel of Four Souls, a powerful jewel that had been hidden inside Kagome's body before Naraku.

You can watch the episodes of the new season here
: http://www.hulu.com/inuyasha-the-final-act

If you've read the Inuyasha manga until the end, consider this a warning; the episodes seem very rushed. I won't tell the story for the ones who've only watched the anime. It is still very good, but a lot happens in a little bit of time. There are 21 volumes of the manga in 26 episodes.

Comments

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm reading the manga, got the books coming as they are released. On volume 44 right now. should I watch or just keep reading? I dont like watered down sh*t, but then again how were the old episodes matched- manga vs cartoon before it ended?
  • angiebabie
    angiebabie Members Posts: 19
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why was it rushed???

I only like Dubbed anime

I can't speak Japanese and the voices annoy me

so subs won't do for me

The best manga/Anime in the world to me
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Rushed??? Nah, they just do away with that "take 10 episodes to do something that should be wrapped up in 1 ep" DBZ ?
  • mkp123
    mkp123 Members Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have got fond memories of InuYasha. I remember reading it during my school days. I used to buy “Shōnen Sunday” especially for the purpose. It was the most popular series at that time. It was in 2009 that I watched it on TV and made music of it with beat making software . It was really popular with kids who used to watch every episode. It is a pity that such wonderful stories are not coming nowadays. Anyway this blog reminded me of my childhood. Those days were so nice.