Part Time Rapper Ft Yo Gotti Feedback appreciated & returned

Options
Wake N Bake
Wake N Bake Members Posts: 59
edited September 2010 in Fresh Produce
this is the newest ish ive been working on, basicly sampled pianos and a basic synth to accent the chords on the verses and some strings on the hook.. let me know what you think.. if you drop me a link i'll return the favor

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9648943

Comments

• 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i like it. sounds like some old school no limit stuff. it gets pretty simple once u dropped the lyrics tho.

but maybe thats the style u were shooting for

its good tho
  • Wake N Bake
    Wake N Bake Members Posts: 59
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah pretty much anyways, im trying to come up with a little bit extra flavor to throw in there but so far everything else has just seemed forced after the first few hours i threw into it so i decided to leave it simple until i get it right, know what i mean?

your straight up killin those tracks though man, i love your bass lines they go hard as hell.. its somewhat rare to hear a beat that hits on the subs as hard as a couple of yours did, gotta show some respect for that.. do you use a sample or vst on that bass note behind the kicks?
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah pretty much anyways, im trying to come up with a little bit extra flavor to throw in there but so far everything else has just seemed forced after the first few hours i threw into it so i decided to leave it simple until i get it right, know what i mean?

your straight up killin those tracks though man, i love your bass lines they go hard as hell.. its somewhat rare to hear a beat that hits on the subs as hard as a couple of yours did, gotta show some respect for that.. do you use a sample or vst on that bass note behind the kicks?

it depends on which beat. but for the ones i use with a bassline. i use this soundfont. i have. i could sent it to u if u want it

the other drums i just have some presets i throw over them to make them hit hard