atmoshphere new ep "To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy"

Options
ninjasenses
ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
edited September 2010 in The Essence
Droppin tomorrow...im personally excited. Be back tomorrow for input...who else is checkin for this?

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i will be mos def.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Amazing news!!! Yeah, def, can't wait to check this.

Anyone know if they've got an LP on the way?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm always checkin for serious hip-hop from white cats. Good looking with the update...I would've missed it.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Anyone managed to get hold of this yet?

I'm going to check for it later.
  • ninjasenses
    edited September 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get hold of this yet?

I'm going to check for it later.

no i havent yet...I ordered it but it didnt come with an mp3 version and my music site is down..grrr
  • pinyapplesuckas
    pinyapplesuckas Members Posts: 58
    edited September 2010
    Options
    beats sounded cool but i just cant bump them cats these days
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    beats sounded cool but i just cant bump them cats these days

What's changed?
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Listened to this EP the other day and have to say it's one of the best releases of this year, I don't know what it is about Atmosphere as a group - more recently, but I think their production is up there with the best - Ant continues to evolve IMO, whilst Slug continues to deliver honesty with his lyrics and somewhat more so commercial flow than other typical underground emcees.

Have to say this is a must listen to all who have missed it, thus far :tu

Two of my favourite tracks:
  • ninjasenses
    edited September 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Listened to this EP the other day and have to say it's one of the best releases of this year, I don't know what it is about Atmosphere as a group - more recently, but I think their production is up there with the best - Ant continues to evolve IMO, whilst Slug continues to deliver honesty with his lyrics and somewhat more so commercial flow than other typical underground emcees.

Have to say this is a must listen to all who have missed it, thus far :tu

Two of my favourite tracks:

As far as the production goes...i feel like they have been moving away from the hiphop standard of using mostly sample and going with an all out band approach(i think?) which is really refreshing and I have to give them props on that. Im diggin this release too, although i wouldnt put it higher than when life gives you lemons. I would say their next album is gonna be something im really look forward to. :tu to atmos
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Definitely one of the best releases this year. Felt 3 was also incredible. This one continues the progression of excellence.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    Definitely one of the best releases this year. Felt 3 was also incredible. This one continues the progression of excellence.

Haven't given Felt 3 enough of a listen as yet, played it through at the time but had other releases such as K-Os that were taking all of my time up. I'll revisit it.

This is a fantastic release though, can't knock Atmosphere, I know they get flack, but they're an amazing group.

Agree with you as well, this is one of the best releases of the year.