How Do You Wash 501 Levis?

Options
dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Fashion Forward
i love it wen i first buy them, they fit snug, they're like the perfect fitted jeans for me but after i wash em the material fades away

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just wash them ? fuckas... if you want some clean ones buy another pair. 501's are kind of played out but then again who cares whats played out. I wear my ? a bunch of times before I wash them anyway just like raw denim... just don't wear them when its hot as ? to the point where you'll be sweating and ? making them smell bad... Get like a Macy's card or some ? and you can get them on sale...

But the washed 501's look can be like a cool lil blue collar hard working man look some times... nah mean?
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited July 2010
    Options
    569>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • TeekasaurusRex
    TeekasaurusRex Members Posts: 17
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *shaking head* this is sad. Washing jeans is almost an art, but it's more like that ? art you see at museums where it's like just a line on a blank canvas. What you gotta do is wash them on cold, with clothes in the same color family. Wash them inside out. Then, hang them to dry (I hang mine on a hanger in the washroom or throw them over the footboard of my bed) for a day or so. NEVER put them in the dryer--it fades the color and the fabric over time.
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *shaking head* this is sad. Washing jeans is almost an art, but it's more like that ? art you see at museums where it's like just a line on a blank canvas. What you gotta do is wash them on cold, with clothes in the same color family. Wash them inside out. Then, hang them to dry (I hang mine on a hanger in the washroom or throw them over the footboard of my bed) for a day or so. NEVER put them in the dryer--it fades the color and the fabric over time.

wouldnt they have the smell of the soap that u used 2 wash em with? since u didnt use any dryer sheets or anything?
  • ßoysFállFör
    ßoysFállFör Members Posts: 283
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought 501's were the ones that lose their consistency if washed, meaning dry clean them only?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    501's are the ones with the buttons right? like dude said wash them on cold slow speed like colors but instead of hang drying u can air dry them in the dryer
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i love it wen i first buy them, they fit snug, they're like the perfect fitted jeans for me but after i wash em the material fades away

Any jeans that you don't wanna shrink or mess up (i.e., ones with fashion tear holes ,etc) you should

1. turn inside out
    2. put them in a pillow case
    3. put them in the washer on cold (delicate wash)
    4. USE DISHWASHING LIQUID ONLY (DO NOT USE LAUNDRY DETERGENT) - Use Joy, or Ivory Liquid
    ---- This is what i do. I find even liquid Laundry Detergent fades jeans (NEVER EVER use powder).

5. When you dry, use the lowest setting. And use 3-5 sheets of fabric softener (Even if it is only 1 pair of jeans).

This also applies to anything else that is machine washable that you REALLY dont want to mess up.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I thought 501's were the ones that lose their consistency if washed, meaning dry clean them only?

Who sending 501's to the dry cleaner though?? lol
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im gonna experiment this, if it dont work and ? up my jeans, im sending viruses to ? ;-)
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Any jeans that you don't wanna shrink or mess up (i.e., ones with fashion tear holes ,etc) you should

1. turn inside out
    2. put them in a pillow case
    3. put them in the washer on cold (delicate wash)
    4. USE DISHWASHING LIQUID ONLY (DO NOT USE LAUNDRY DETERGENT) - Use Joy, or Ivory Liquid
    ---- This is what i do. I find even liquid Laundry Detergent fades jeans (NEVER EVER use powder).

5. When you dry, use the lowest setting. And use 3-5 sheets of fabric softener (Even if it is only 1 pair of jeans).

This also applies to anything else that is machine washable that you REALLY dont want to mess up.

good lookin
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i just take my darker denims to the dry cleaners
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Broke ass ? . Just buy new jeans if they get faded