How has Roger Goodell done as NFL Commissioner

Options
txboi_09
txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
I think hes had long enough as commissioner to where we can form a pretty good opinion as to whether or not he has been a good or bad commissioner. Under his watch he has made the game "safer" by pretty much putting a red jersey on the QB and not allowing the defense to hit them. Same goes to entire defense in general he's made it so that every hit seems to be illegal now. We also have seen the suspension of Mike Vick as well as other players like Pac man and Stallworth for off the field issues. He' also made the league much less fun by fining every sort of celebration in the league. What do you guys think?

Comments

• yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hate all of the changes he made. Who cares about touchdown celebration? He fines people for the dumbest thing. He act like the NFL is for kids. It not, Its for grown men kids may watch it. Goodell acts like the guy who was never good at sports and always tried to play and got celebrated on
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah as far as fining the players he sucks at that, especially that fine he gave chad johnson when he was on the sideline with the big ass hat and pancho on that was petty
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he sucks hell that man will fine you for waveing to the fans
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he's not a commisioner...he's a sheriff
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The only good rule change was the horse collar rule, beyond that everything else seems ridiculous.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I voted Bad. THe rule changes and the QB nuthugging are pathetic. And they need to be more like the NBA when it comes to allegations about sports stars. At least wait until someone goes to trial. Any random ? off the street can say this that and the third and here comes Roger and his redneck to pounce on the ? . And PR is no excuse because it's the ? NFL aint nobody gonna stop coming to the games because Whoever on the Offensive Line was choking a ? in a nightclub.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol this thread has changed my view on him

i was gonna go with ok
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just hope he gets fired.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That ? prolly voted for Bush twice.
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think he sucks it seems that all of his decisions are based on how he can make more money. The whole pro bowl thing, trying to expand to London as well as the protecting qb. They all seem to be money based decisions and it's affected the product on he field. I know you all remember the Miami vs giants game in London a few years back when the turf was falling apart that game was unwatchable. I understand it's a business but he's really affecting the actual game with all his ? rules and decisions.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? him, for the fines, favoritism, and especially since he's almost killed Pro Bowl (It's not really fun to watch anymore)!!
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's done alrihgt IMO, the only thing I have a problem with is a fine for celebrating

His suspensions are pretty fair though