OPINION: Yay or Nay on the new dude?

stillmatic01
stillmatic01 Members Posts: 10
edited September 2010 in The Essence
Last sunday I was doin my usual rounds on datpiff, and I saw this kid bobby fischer in "today's top 8" with all real rappers lol. It had like 700 listens first day so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Not gona lie, I saw the cover of his tape and seen he was white and got discouraged, but I listened thru (it was a sunday) and dude's actually got some bars...I checked back up on his tape a few days ago and its almost got 1200 listens...not bad for a dude nobody's heard of.

Anyway take a listen and tell me what ya'll think, its kinda backpacker but like I said, kid can actually spit. I was like "dude's white, whats this gonna be" too, but not a college rapper...some real ? right here.

http://www.datpiff.com/Bobby_Fischer_2020_Click_Presents_The_Best_Kept.m146663.html

Comments

• rocboy18
    rocboy18 Members Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    i've gotta be honest, after reading this poll i figured it was gonna be a joke. i did the exact same thing you did when i saw the cover, almost was about to not give it a chance until i peeped the intro.

this dude went raw on not only the intro but he just straight killed the mixtape from beginning to end. i almost forgot he was white when i heard it lol.his lyrics and flow...FLOW ESP are just straight ? too this dude deserves the credit though.

ill bump his ? all day, if you a true hip hop head you'd have to agree with me
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Oh ? ....i knew these dudes were tryin pull something....1 post each was suspect but for some reason i listened

kids actually nice

lyrics for days
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Nice try on the fake conversation, that said, dude sounds decent... although the second tracks a bit meh.

Here's a video and a way in which you should post in future or your thread will be deleted.
  • stillmatic01
    stillmatic01 Members Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    @ruff draft, Idk who those videos are of but that's not same dude, I couldn't even make it thru one of the video guy's tracks
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    @ruff draft, Idk who those videos are of but that's not same dude, I couldn't even make it thru one of the video guy's tracks

Dunno then dude, you find a youtube of him... that's a naive name to pick anyways considering he's a famous chess player... not very good for results on search engines etc.

No offence, but it's very dubious that you've only got a few posts and are promoting a few artists and not even posting about other peeps when you're obviously into underground hip hop.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Dunno then dude, you find a youtube of him... that's a naive name to pick anyways considering he's a famous chess player... not very good for results on search engines etc.
    He and other artists should be very picky and creative with there Stage monikers, because some are really hard to find.