One messed-up day

Options
juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
So Im a correctional officer and i work in a maximum detention centre, Trust me Ive seen it all, but what i saw today will forever mind ? the ? out of me. So today was just another day, woke up, had a shower, eat breakfast, then when to work.
I start work, its 9:30 I do my everyday routine, So i take this one inmate for his cell and take him to video court ( little room with a camera so a judge can see you and your lawyer) So its me,the inmate, and his lawyer. The inmate gets bad news for the judge and then turns to his lawyer and ask for a pen so he can sign some legal paper work which is typical, instead of signing he looks at me smiles and start stabbing the ? out off himself, 7 times he pokes himself in the neck with this pen, blood goes everywhere, the lawyer is freaking out, Im in shock, like wtf! it happen so fast ? fast. The inmate falls to ground, i hit the alarm button the med-team comes. After something like that you get the rest of the day off. So i get home at 11, and try to go back to sleep but i cant, i cant close my eyes without seeing this ? face smiling.

How ? are you to be able to stab yourself over and over with a pen in the neck?

Comments

• The_Hamburger
    The_Hamburger Members Posts: 136
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Daaamn........that is crazy. But for some reason, it doesn't seem that big a deal to me. Maybe video games and living in the South Bronx have desensitized me to violence.

Ah well. Good story though.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would change professions.

Your sanity is more important. Maybe you can get a job at your cousin's cleaners or as a Canadian Royal Mounted police officer.

Play the race card, I haven't seen many Black ones. Canadians are real senstive about the race issue, they always err on the side of darkies because their reputation as a open people are at stake.