How could we better Earth?

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I suppose my question now would be why you would trust population control after they have specifically targeted third world countries and women of color?

And this is the part that you're not getting.

My post has nothing to do with race, it doesn't have racist people running things, it is not discriminating against people. Those issues would be fixed before anything I said would even remotely begin to take place, so that has no weight in my statement.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And this is the part that you're not getting.

My post has nothing to do with race, it doesn't have racist people running things, it is not discriminating against people. Those issues would be fixed before anything I said would even remotely begin to take place, so that has no weight in my statement.

What she is trying to say is, while you may not have those intentions people in power will use those sentiments to further their wicked agenda. Sort of like how some people ask for more police presence not realizing that they are feeding into an agenda that includes a police state in poor(read black ) neighborhoods.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your post has nothing to do with race, but the history of population control does. So to suggest population control as a method of population control is not taking into consideration what it has done to women, especially in other parts of the world. Population control has never helped women progress or an entire population to progress. The politics of most countries outside of the US are organized that there is no health care system and social network widely available. So it barely skims the surface of the problem, failing to address the real economic issues.

And why are you taking what I said for population control and attaching a brand racist pushed earlier?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    What she is trying to say is, while you may not have those intentions people in power will use those sentiments to further their wicked agenda. Sort of like how some people ask for more police presence not realizing that they are feeding into an agenda that includes a police state in poor(read black ) neighborhoods.

Right, but what I'm saying is, for my entire post to work that wouldn't be there.

As long as their are racists, discriminators, whatever in power, next to none of that stuff I posted would happen. The hate and greed within the high systems would not allow any of it to happen. I'm focusing on the future not the past, meaning those systems would not be in place still.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Population control was designed by white racists to rid the earth of large segments of people so they can have control and unfettered access to the worlds resources.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Read back. I never called you a racist. All I did was talk about how population control could be trusted when the movement has had racial undertones to it.

Their system wasn't really population control. They targeted a specific group, not a whole world. It was more slow extermination rather than pop control.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Population control was designed by white racists to rid the earth of large segments of people so they can have control and unfettered access to the worlds resources.

Mass immunization, Planned Parenthood, Genetically modified food, etc. al that is by design to diminish people.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm done on this, it's clearly distinguished what I said has nothing to do with past issues.

Y'all feel the need to keep trying to throw the old version of population control into it. Have fun.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mass immunization, Planned Parenthood, Genetically modified food, etc. al that is by design to diminish people.

And it effects everyone now.
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It depends what people believe in......you can't convince people 100 percent on all the same issues I will go out on a limb and say its impossible. What you can do is try and get the majority if not a moderate amount of people to tackle serious issues hurting our earth or people/animals right now. One big issue is the trust factor and of course if money is involved it will taint everything. People have millions of different philosophies about life....or if they want to keep it simple they remain with the religion that were indocturnated in when they were younger before critical thinking can take place. You can make our problems simple so it can touch the majority of people, but the devil is in the details and that is where things will fall apart between difference of opinions or how to go about things at the right moment, ETC. Life is a complex puzzle wrapped in a complex system wrapped in another complex puzzle....just enjoy the ride the best you can.
  • urmybitch
    urmybitch Members Posts: 284
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would read the book ecology of commerce. It explains that the corporations are the biggest culprits in the desctruction of our environment. If the people were aware of this and convinced to take action to change the way these corporations do business than that could take care many of these issues. Though since we live in a capatalist society where profit is the main objective regardless of what harm is being done to the people or the environment little can be done because these corporations hold so much power over the political sytems not only in our country but throughout the whole world. The book is really informative and you should give it a read.