Cuomo 49, Paladino 43 (FUNKY WTF IS GOIN ON UP THERE MAN)

Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
Yesterday, I wrote the following:

Nine out of 10 ‘SHOCKING’ poll results aren’t shocking if you’re paying attention.

What I meant is that a lot of the polling results that people find surprising can be attributed to random variation, or to a race being hard to poll for some reason and in which there is inherently a lot of uncertainty, or a race that hasn’t been polled very much and in which there is little basis for comparison, or some combination of those factors.

But every now and then, a poll comes along that really forces us to reconsider what we thought we knew about a particular race.

There is one such poll out this morning from Quinnipiac University, which finds the Republican nominee of governor in New York, Carl Paladino, only 6 points behind the Democrat, Andrew Cuomo. Mr. Cuomo has 49 percent of the vote in the poll, and Mr. Paladino 43 percent.

Polls taken before the primary on Sept. 14 showed Mr. Cuomo leading Mr. Paladino by much wider margins, ranging from 23 points to 45 points. This includes three prior polls by Quinnipiac University, which had shown leads of 36, 30 and 37 points for Mr. Cuomo.

It’s just not very often in a general election campaign that you see a candidate’s lead shrink from about 30 points to 6 in just a month or so. It would not be so unusual in a primary campaign, when voters often make their choices late. But you could spend all day looking at general election polling results and still have trouble coming up with more than a handful of similar examples in recent elections.

Several qualifiers are in order. First, Quinnipiac did not include the Conservative Party’s nominee, Rick Lazio, in their poll. (Mr. Lazio was beaten by Mr. Paladino in the Republican primary.) I criticized Rasmussen Reports for making the same decision to omit Mr. Lazio.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/now-heres-a-shocking-poll/#more-1321

WHAT THE ?

i would've gladly taken Governor Ru9/11dy Giul9/11iani if I had known PALADINO's racist ass could win

Comments

• elliott
    elliott Members Posts: 18
    edited September 2010
    Swiffness, I just posted the same thing. I am sick to my stomach. I think these polls are just to discourage us from voting. Money and racism is fueling these races but if we come out and support Andrew Cuomo like we need to on Nov. 2nd, all that money Carl Palidino spending to win this race will go down the toilet. We need to get out there. My thread says "The New Face of KKK coming to your neigbhorhood everyday is real. I have not been polled yet, have you? I agree with your sentiments

WTF, this can't be real
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I wanted equality with the city of New York but not with THIS ? ? , and not for these reasons.

I told you guy it was racist as ? out here...

If Paladino wins its the beginning of the end for this state...

Paladino is gonna make Reagan look like a ? kitten...

(I know Paladino aint runnin for prez Im just saying)
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Do you think that the constant glorification of criminality and the incredible prison recidivism rate among the black community in your region has anything to do with the negative view the white folks have of them, Dr. Funky?
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010
    Do you think that the constant glorification of criminality and the incredible prison recidivism rate among the black community in your region has anything to do with the negative view the white folks have of them, Dr. Funky?

Actually I blame the racist ideologies that Italians and other ethnic groups had against blacks during the time when blacks were first moving to these areas for the factory jobs back in the days as the origins of their opinions. And that those mentalities were passed down through the generations as the rich got richer, and the poor stayed black out here.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited September 2010
    The Italians didn't have a racist "ideology." They looked at the blacks, who had been here for centuries and were still peasants, and figured that they must be ? .
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010
    The Italians didn't have a racist "ideology." They looked at the blacks, who had been here for centuries and were still peasants, and figured that they must be ? .

Not really, its more like the Italian mob bled the black community to death financially because they pushed Heroin into the black community with much more vigor than they did in the white communities. Look up La Cosa Nostra.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited September 2010
    Look up La Cosa Nostra? Okay sure, that's a thing I've never heard of before.

? .

If blacks didn't want heroin, they wouldn't have bought it. Supply and demand.
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010
    Look up La Cosa Nostra? Okay sure, that's a thing I've never heard of before.

? .

Inner city desperation causes an immense need for some sort of relief. Now even though thats not an excuse for parents putting their children through a traumatic childhood filled with desperation due to drug abuse, the Mob leeched off that desperation and made it worse.

Whites blame blacks for being poor, instead of blaming the lack of opportunity. Thats where the racism comes into play.

Instead of calling people "lazy" they need to criticize the reasons why there are no decent paying jobs out here.
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010
    And Paladino is the LAST person who needs to be Governor, nuff said.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited September 2010
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    Inner city desperation causes an immense need for some sort of relief.
    Yeah, Italians were never desperately broke after immigrating and there was no prejudice against them. Entire generations of Italians were sideswiped by drugs and the community never really recovered. Now Italian musicians make music about selling drugs and pimping Italian women.
    Whites blame blacks for being poor, instead of blaming the lack of opportunity.....why there are no decent paying jobs out here.
    ? forbid somebody actually MAKE an opportunity for themselves instead of waiting for somebody else to do it.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Italians were never desperately broke after immigrating and there was no prejudice against them. Entire generations of Italians were sideswiped by drugs and the community never really recovered.

Yeah, Blacks were never treated worse than white immigrants and legally forbidden from voting and living where they wanted until the late 60s. Oh and its not like the government was basically pumping drugs into blacks communities in order to fight Commies abroad. *cough*
    Now Italian musicians make music about selling drugs and pimping Italian women.

1) Italian musicians? What Italian musicians? LOL, Italians wish they had invented a genre with half the worldwide (CURRENT, KIDS DON'T BUMP OPERA) appeal of Hip-Hop.

2) No need to make songs about pimping women when the Italian Mob has been cakin up off whorehouses since Grove Cleveland was President.

3) As I recall, your favorite rapper is Big, who frankly makes Jay-Z look like Immortal Technique in terms of subject matter. LOL

LOL CAPITALIST PARODY
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010
    ? forbid somebody actually MAKE an opportunity for themselves instead of waiting for somebody else to do it.

Why do you think everyone is moving to the south? To watch birds? lmao

The people who CAN afford to move and make better opportunities DO, why do you think Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland, Milwaukee etc... have lost half their population over the years?
  • Funky Dr
    edited September 2010

Are there no work houses!

Ol Ebeneezer BornanRaisedCMR soundin ass....