Stevie Wonder Appreciation Thread

13»

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited August 2010

This song pertains to today and the track raw to me

Its a damn shame when a john legend appreciation thread has damn near as many replies as a stevie wonders same thread

Ya'll can unsticky it.I was just tryna put people on cuz I dont think people give stevie wonder his due credit
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
  • edytharceo
    edytharceo Members Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Wow, just visited this site and i found out that this is cool, i have enjoy watching the videos of Stevie Wonder. Thanks for the videos. I am a big fan of Stevie Wonder.
  • edytharceo
    edytharceo Members Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    cool, it is very great
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    stevie_wonder_gal_obama.jpg

stevie.gif

41820768_wonderprince_getty.jpeg

Michael+Jackson+Lionel+Richie+Emmanel+Lewis+Stevie+Wonder.jpg

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    ^^^ WOW!!! Classic pics...

RIP Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye and MJ... Great guys
  • drsnappple
    drsnappple Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    You can't even compare Michael and Stevie in my opinion. Stevie can play every instrument and is musically on another level.

My 2 favorite lesser known Stevie songs.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I think he has 6 or 7,One of his most famous songs was about his 1st born its called isnt she lovely

I guess nobody cares about stevie wonder except me,His music is neck and neck if not better than Mj's catalog

Man I got all Stevie albums, I love Stevie music just as much as Mike's
    The two songs him and Mike did together are some of my favorites, "Good Friends" was on Mike's "Bad" album and "Get It" was on Stevie's "Characters" album.
    They worked great together, I would have loved to hear an album with Mike and Stevie.

Some of my favorite Stevie songs are not his most popular like.......

1. "Smile"
    2. "You've Got It Bad Girl"
    3. "All I Do"(Mike sings background on this song, he was a teen at that time)
    4. "Golden Lady"
    5. "You Haven't Done Nothin'"(Jackson 5 sing background on this song)
    6. "Send One Your Love"
    7. "Never In Your Sun"
    8. "For Your Love"
    9. "If It's Magic"
    10. "Ebony Eyes"
    11. "Ordinary Pain"
    12. "Love's In Need Of Love Today"
    13. "Girl Blue"
    14. "Creepin'"(Minnie Riperton sings background on this song)
    15. "I Love Every Little Thing About U"
    16. "I Love You Too Much"
    17. "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer"(He sung this at Mike's Memorial)
    18. "Lookin' For Another Pure Love"
    19. "Pastime Paradise"(Coolio used this for Gangsta's Paradise)
    20. "Seems So Long"
    21. "Summer Soft"
    22. "They Won't Go When I Go"(He sung this at Mike's Memorial too)"You and
    23. "Tuesday Heartbreak"
    24. "You Will Know" (Mary Mary redid this song)
    25. "Visions" (Ginuwine used this for I'll Do Anything)
    26. "You and I"(has been used at Weddings for years)
    27. "I Wish"(Will Smith and Sisqo used this for Wild Wild West)
    28. "That Girl"(2pac used the harmonica part in So Many Tears)

Not to mention songs that are known like.... My Cherie Amour, As, Do I Do(Ja Rule used this), Superstitions, What's The Fuss, You Can Feel It All Over, Isn't She Lovely", "Signed Sealed Delivered", "Happy Birthday" (MLK Jr bday theme), "Uptight" and "I Just Called To Say I Love You".
    And let's not forget he wrote a hit for Mike, "I Can't Help"

Stevie and Mike's songs are like the soundtrack to my life (along with 2pac).
    Stevie is just incredible, people have at least one Stevie song they know word for word and is in their favorite song list, he is a Living Legend, we should not take him and his music lightly cause, when he is gone, people are gonna do just like they did Mike, realize what they had when it was too late.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    All I Do is that deal, he had MJ and Eddie Levert singing background on that song.
  • BIDDYBIDDY
    BIDDYBIDDY Members Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    i am so glad that we had the opportunity to have music from those guys they were great. i also think prince was great he was in his own world but he was super talented
  • BIDDYBIDDY
    edited September 2010
    youre stevie wonder history is very strong, ive heard some of the music but not to the point where i can actually talk about it and know the words. im going to get all of his music real soon
  • BIDDYBIDDY
    edited September 2010
    you may just be right about that. steveie was super talented musically, with the instruments and all that. mike had the look the charm the voice and his talent to entertain with his dance moves. so we should just respect them both
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010

Underrated Stevie wonder album and song.Album is called Where I'm coming from

I thought I had posted this already
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    south4life wrote: »
    Man I got all Stevie albums, I love Stevie music just as much as Mike's
    The two songs him and Mike did together are some of my favorites, "Good Friends" was on Mike's "Bad" album and "Get It" was on Stevie's "Characters" album.
    They worked great together, I would have loved to hear an album with Mike and Stevie.

Some of my favorite Stevie songs are not his most popular like.......

1. "Smile"
    2. "You've Got It Bad Girl"
    3. "All I Do"(Mike sings background on this song, he was a teen at that time)
    4. "Golden Lady"
    5. "You Haven't Done Nothin'"(Jackson 5 sing background on this song)
    6. "Send One Your Love"
    7. "Never In Your Sun"
    8. "For Your Love"
    9. "If It's Magic"
    10. "Ebony Eyes"
    11. "Ordinary Pain"
    12. "Love's In Need Of Love Today"
    13. "Girl Blue"
    14. "Creepin'"(Minnie Riperton sings background on this song)
    15. "I Love Every Little Thing About U"
    16. "I Love You Too Much"
    17. "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer"(He sung this at Mike's Memorial)
    18. "Lookin' For Another Pure Love"
    19. "Pastime Paradise"(Coolio used this for Gangsta's Paradise)
    20. "Seems So Long"
    21. "Summer Soft"
    22. "They Won't Go When I Go"(He sung this at Mike's Memorial too)"You and
    23. "Tuesday Heartbreak"
    24. "You Will Know" (Mary Mary redid this song)
    25. "Visions" (Ginuwine used this for I'll Do Anything)
    26. "You and I"(has been used at Weddings for years)
    27. "I Wish"(Will Smith and Sisqo used this for Wild Wild West)
    28. "That Girl"(2pac used the harmonica part in So Many Tears)

Not to mention songs that are known like.... My Cherie Amour, As, Do I Do(Ja Rule used this), Superstitions, What's The Fuss, You Can Feel It All Over, Isn't She Lovely", "Signed Sealed Delivered", "Happy Birthday" (MLK Jr bday theme), "Uptight" and "I Just Called To Say I Love You".
    And let's not forget he wrote a hit for Mike, "I Can't Help"

Stevie and Mike's songs are like the soundtrack to my life (along with 2pac).
    Stevie is just incredible, people have at least one Stevie song they know word for word and is in their favorite song list, he is a Living Legend, we should not take him and his music lightly cause, when he is gone, people are gonna do just like they did Mike, realize what they had when it was too late.
    Props! I enjoyed reading your post right here. I'm sure many others here appreciate your contribution to this thread. Who knows, somebody might be inspired to start digging deeper into his music. Like you said, so many people know at least a few songs of his, but sometimes it takes a certain motivation to learn more about his music.
    BIDDYBIDDY wrote: »
    youre stevie wonder history is very strong, ive heard some of the music but not to the point where i can actually talk about it and know the words. im going to get all of his music real soon
    Every single album of his, it's something you just buy with no questions or doubts. Trust me, you'll feel like the price you paid for the albums are far less than the priceless music he's given to us. That's exactly how I felt, esp. when I bought "Songs in the Key of Life" album.

OK, gotta post a song or two, too. This time, I gotta show some love to Conversation Peace album.
    Two gems off that album:
    [size=+2]Taboo to Love[/size]
    [size=+2]Rain Your Love Down[/size]