Denzel vs Al Pacino

2»

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    and NOBODY mentioned scent of a woman and THATS Pacino's greatest work...u ? trippin
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    and NOBODY mentioned scent of a woman and THATS Pacino's greatest work...u ? trippin

Cosign! Scent of a woman wuz Epic. Thats Vintage Al Pacino. Like someone said earlier, Denzel is a Legend in his own right but Al Pacino's Filmography has got too many Classics compared to Denzel's. Nonetheless two of the GOATs
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Pacino by far the better of the 2 his transformation in Godfather part 1 to Godfather part 2 hands down is one of the greatest performances.
  • JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited September 2010
    Heat was a great movie., specially the street shooting scene.
  • master_mentor
    master_mentor Members Posts: 222
    edited September 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    talent wise they are equal, discography wise it's not close. Pacino has been in some classic movies, Godfather 2 is just timeless to me. I don't ever think Denzel has ever found his Scorsese, and no Spike Lee isn't.

great post! co-sign this...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Pacino by far the better of the 2 his transformation in Godfather part 1 to Godfather part 2 hands down is one of the greatest performances.

That right there. From where he started, not wanting to be involved in the family business at all.......to becoming the head of the family.......to ordering his brother's death.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Denzel i like both but Denzel ... an its hard for ? to get a discography of Hanks/Di Caprio... for obvious reasons

• elmasduro
    elmasduro Members Posts: 319
    edited September 2010

? was crazy no other film that i know of shows develpoment of a character like that and with al pacino playing that just makes it perfect
    al pacino is a waaay better than denzel its not even close he got too many classics and i see some people only watch al gangsta films and not his other ? smh
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    pachino has more classics b/c hes been in it since the 70's....but denzel has more range and is way more versatile
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Pacino is great.....gotta remember tho that black actors aren't given as many scripts to show their range in general,and u have to realize that back in the 80s n 90s it was worse, so considering that, of course Pacino will have more "classics" under the belt.....

However, Denzel has a presence on screen that Pacino does not.....

Denzel has played several different roles and characters throughout his career and so has Pacino....

Pacino always relies on his climactic "yelling" scenes which give him more credit than he deserves, that's why some say he "overacts"

You will never hear anybody say Denzel overracts...

All in all, Denzel is better but not by much...
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    pachino has more classics b/c hes been in it since the 70's....but denzel has more range and is way more versatile
    This is just the 70's...

The Godfather - '72
    Serpico - '73
    The Godfather -' '74
    Dog Day Afternoon - '75
    And Justice For All - 79

He was nominated for 5 of his 8 Oscars in a span of 8 years. His first motion picture was in '69.
  • trie
    trie Members Posts: 73
    edited September 2010
    Pacino, all day. Pacino never gets outshined on screen, it happened to Denzel a few rare times, like when Russell Crow had a better performance in American Gangster, and Everybody out shined him in, "A Soilder's Story, not taking nothing from Denzil, but Pacino is the man.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    yroholla wrote: »
    Pacino is great.....gotta remember tho that black actors aren't given as many scripts to show their range in general,and u have to realize that back in the 80s n 90s it was worse, so considering that, of course Pacino will have more "classics" under the belt.....

Same thing i said more than twice....