would u rather live in a country where the majority of the g-ment was black or white?

2»

Comments

• allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Black countries, in general, seriously lag behind white countries. There is no way around that fact. Black people have to step up to the plate.
  • L.I.P.
    L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I dont prefer any over the other.. a corrupt person is gonna be a corrupt person regardless of color...but for the thread sake, black obviously
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I think all govs are crooked so it doesn't matter... atleast the ones I lived under. I did enjoy the Bill Clinton era though
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    ? these crackas lol
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Black countries, in general, seriously lag behind white countries. There is no way around that fact. Black people have to step up to the plate.

it's not that simple
  • bless the child
    edited September 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Pretty much.

THere are over 220 Countries in the world. A krackers always want to highlight the 4 black governments in shambles (BECAUSE OF KRACKER IMPERIALISM AND INTERFERENCE).

There are plenty of black run government doing just fine according to a lot of Africans I've spoken to. They just dont have large militaries and ? like the US does. Mostly cuz they dont get in as much ? and dont steal from other people.

Thats exactly why these peckawoods are always geared up for war. They are scared that the day will come when the people of the world will make them pay for the things they did to them.
  • Bleak Banks
    Bleak Banks Members Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    yeah it dont pay to be Black and Independent ask Haiti.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    shtoopid wrote: »
    it's not that simple

Say that ? again
  • bless the child
    edited September 2010

Indeed. Black unity will truly equal black power. Blacks would rule the world if they took control of the richest continent on the planet.
  • CallItlikeICit
    CallItlikeICit Members Posts: 461
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, there are a few black nations I would move to.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i forgot the presidents black lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    The race doesn't matter. I'd rather live in the country whose government has the least corruption. We've seen that both whites and blacks are throughly capable of being ? leaders.

Also SMH @ these people acting like African countries are bad off solely because of bad black leadership and not because the western world conspired against them. Come on people, European and American blights on Africa are documented.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I prefer Grey myself.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    The race doesn't matter. I'd rather live in the country whose government has the least corruption. We've seen that both whites and blacks are throughly capable of being ? leaders.

Also SMH @ these people acting like African countries are bad off solely because of bad black leadership and not because the western world conspired against them. Come on people, European and American blights on Africa are documented.

i completely agree with the lonious monk, especially the bolded.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Most black-run nations have only gained independence in the last thirty to forty years. Thirty to forty years after having been taken advantage of by colonial powers these nations were called to forge nation-states when they lacked the educational and monetary resources. The transition was not smooth because you had the Russians and the Americans funding rival factions, former colonial powers interfering, tribal hatred fomented by colonial favourtism, and massive debts incurred because of the former colonial powers, corrupt dictators placed by Americans or Communists, and the borrowing during the 1973 oil crisis.

All of this considered, I think black-run nations have done remarkably well.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Most black-run nations have only gained independence in the last thirty to forty years. Thirty to forty years after having been taken advantage of by colonial powers these nations were called to forge nation-states when they lacked the educational and monetary resources. The transition was not smooth because you had the Russians and the Americans funding rival factions, former colonial powers interfering, tribal hatred fomented by colonial favourtism, and massive debts incurred because of the former colonial powers, corrupt dictators placed by Americans or Communists, and the borrowing during the 1973 oil crisis.

All of this considered, I think black-run nations have done remarkably well.

Don't forget colonialism lasted just long enough to displace the original means of governance that had worked in the area for centuries. So when colonialism ended, the people whose job it was to take over had no real knowledge of the old ways and no understanding of the new ways given that their oppressors didn't educate them.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Don't forget colonialism lasted just long enough to displace the original means of governance that had worked in the area for centuries. So when colonialism ended, the people whose job it was to take over had no real knowledge of the old ways and no understanding of the new ways given that their oppressors didn't educate them.

Very important point as well, thanks.