Calvin Harris accuses Chris Brown of ripping off his song

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Calvin Harris accuses Chris Brown of ripping off his song
Calvin Harris has accused Chris Brown of copying one of his chart hits sparking off a war of words on Twitter.

The Scottish DJ claims he was surprised to hear the similarities between I'm Not Alone and Brown's new track Yeah 3x, both of which are beat-driven dance songs.

He posted the message 'Choked on my cornflakes when i heard new Chris Brown single this morning' on his Twitter page along with a link to the track.

Harris followed this up with another tweet saying: 'Do you know what i mean?'

Since then furious Chris Brown fans have been rubbishing Harris on Twitter.

One user WeSupportBreezy hit back saying:'f*** you d***head.. he's a dope artist.. and your NEVER gonna be on the same level he is..'

His own fans rushed to his defence with many backing up the musician's claims.

Mrtinoforever tweeted: 'you can't rip Calvin Harris - it's exactly the same. EXACTLY THE SAME.'

ElectroSole posted: 'That Chris Brown song is terrible and a rip off. Calvin Harris's song is soo much better.'

Harris later tried to downplay the comments posting another message joking: 'S**t i only went online to renew my tax disc. This has got to stop happening. All the best everyone! x.'

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/842191-calvin-harris-accuses-chris-brown-of-ripping-off-his-song

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone:
Chris Brown - Yeah 3x:
I'm not sure what's worse: the fact the sample is so blatant in the Chris Brown tune and they didn't even attempt to disguise the source or that now Calvin Harris is right this very minute being attacked by an army of 14 year old Chris Brown stans on Twitter

Comments

• CaseyAsh
    CaseyAsh Members Posts: 26
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Honestly, even before this accusation came up, I listened to it (yeah) and first thought that poped to my mind is that this beat sound familiar like its taken from a familair dance song, and sure enaugh i now see i was right lol.

but wasn't dueces beat also taken from rihanna's song Te amo? cuz it sure sounded like it
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ha ha... I ? with that Calvin song... that beat was fire

But Breezy is internationally known and Calvin hasn't yet popped outta Europe...