Essence Essentials: Dilla's 'dill-hard'

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Essence
dill-hard

Here's a playlist I made for heads to enjoy... indie flavoured with a street edge too...

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Props Dilla, looking forward to hearing this...
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Started with this one, half way through it so far, I'll edit this post but wanted to post my comments thus far....

You've made me a fan of the P Brothers and I've really enjoyed the Nas remixes, they remind me of how much I used to bump this remix:

I have the mixtape, should upload it as it's dope.

Funky DL track is nice :tu I like the beat selection... has a nice flow to it, just a shame I don't know what some songs are called 'cos they're just 'track 5' or whatever. But is a great mix so far :tu

Panacea track is niiiiiiice, especially when he starts breaking down her body haha

Nice to see a track from Renaissance, I've been bumping Amplified all week on the way to work, good ass album.
  • rip.dilla
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanks...

P Brothers are actually British, from Nottingham...

The tracks without titles were ripped off music I DL'd online...
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Thanks...

P Brothers are actually British, from Nottingham...

The tracks without titles were ripped off music I DL'd online...

Nice, I'll check their stuff :tu

Might check a show if I like them, you think their albums weigh up against US releases?

No problem... I know a few of the artists so I'll add those in!
  • rip.dilla
    edited September 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Nice, I'll check their stuff :tu

Might check a show if I like them, you think their albums weigh up against US releases?

They're both DJ's who produce mostly boom-bap East Coast sounds and get rappers on their joints

bro.jpg
    ^^^ That's their only ? I own and it was getting mad hype on the Undergound back in '08... the production all round is dope
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    They're both DJ's who produce mostly boom-bap East Coast sounds and get rappers on their joints

bro.jpg
    ^^^ That's their only ? I own and it was getting mad hype on the Undergound back in '08... the production all round is dope

Props :tu

I'll give it a listen tomorrow :tu
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited September 2010
    Options
    FINALLY gave this a listen today..i know its long overdue but its in my ride, so plenty of playtime comming up :tu

I decided I would break this down to my top 3 tracks(i havent heard before) and the bottom 3 tracks:

Top 3
    1. eMc track - man im really diggin this track right here, some one school me on this dude
    2. panacea - one shine really lovin the mellow, chilled out feeling with this song. I only came across them due to the old mixes we used to post up. I still havent gotten around to giving any of their albums a good listen.
    3. Guru track - never heard this before and man he delivers :tu This was a tough choice though cause i liked so many more!!

Bottom 3
    1. Bravehearts track - man i just really can never get into them for some reason, Nas rips though
    2. ja rule track - I dont even hate ja, i just wasnt feeling this one.
    3. P brothers late night - I just wasnt feeling the beat on this but their other track is dope

This is just after one play through, I really am digging this mix as a whole. Tons of dope beats and rhymes :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    Options
    FINALLY gave this a listen today..i know its long overdue but its in my ride, so plenty of playtime comming up :tu

I decided I would break this down to my top 3 tracks(i havent heard before) and the bottom 3 tracks:

Top 3
    1. eMc track - man im really diggin this track right here, some one school me on this dude
    2. panacea - one shine really lovin the mellow, chilled out feeling with this song. I only came across them due to the old mixes we used to post up. I still havent gotten around to giving any of their albums a good listen.
    3. Guru track - never heard this before and man he delivers :tu This was a tough choice though cause i liked so many more!!

Bottom 3
    1. Bravehearts track - man i just really can never get into them for some reason, Nas rips though
    2. ja rule track - I dont even hate ja, i just wasnt feeling this one.
    3. P brothers late night - I just wasnt feeling the beat on this but their other track is dope

This is just after one play through, I really am digging this mix as a whole. Tons of dope beats and rhymes :tu

eMC is a supergroup made up of Masta Ace, Strick, Punchline and Wordsworth. Whilst I've only truly listened to Masta Ace and Wordsworth, I was hyped about their 2008 album 'The Show'. But it wasn't AS great as I expected it to be, mainly because I overhype anything with Masta Ace. That said the album is worth a listen and according to Wiki their follow up release was meant to drop this year, but I've not seen anything to consolidate this.

If anyone finds an article related to it, post it up! :tu

Panacea's track was the stand out track for me too, I actually couldn't believe it was them and have listened to their albums, made me think that I haven't listened close enough. But yeah, they were a common feature on the old playlists! Still going to be uploading those soon :tu