Ed Miliband Wins Labour Leadership Contest In UK

Options
LONDON!
LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
Yeah ed milliband won that ? , he ain't old labour but most importantly he isn't new labour either, he ain't a blarite(a tony blair school of thinking supporter) or brownite(a gordon brown school of thinking supporter), you get what i'm saying, he's a centrist that isn't some fake undercover tory(the conversatives goverment thats in power over here) in new labour sheep clothing, for real

i'm definetly gonna vote for him at the next general elections to kick out this fake coalition thats in power, i can't belive i voted for this power hungry(but has know real power, he just likes the prestige of power), weakheart, can't stand up for his values, lets the tory's trample all over them wit there evil policy's, believes anything he hears, sheeple nick clegg, the leader of the liberal democrats the tory's are in coalition govement wit over here, is this is really what i voted for?, i'll never make that mistake again, no i won't

its ed milliband all the way, thank ? , because i was gonna abstain from voting at the next general election, the rest of the candidates were blarites and brownites, ? that ? , hell nah, ed milliband all the way, lets go, he wants to lift up miminum wage(if he could lift it it up to £6.50($12.25) or £7($14) this would be great, because i could get a miminum wage mc'd's(mcdonalds) job today, because i need a £6 an hour mininum job just to pay the rent and bills and i live in the chepest type of accomadation you can get out here, thats housing association rented flats through being in homeless hostels linked to these housing associations, imagine how expensive it is in the council and private rented property sector, thats how expensive london is, big up all my human beings living in the poverty trap in uk, especially heads who have kids and ? ) and reverse these evil cut's ? , hating on the poor & powerless that the tory's are doing to public services over here, ? the tory's

Comments

• ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Please elaborate on what the Labo(u)r Party stands for these days (in your opinion). Do you think the LP has any chance of lifting up a viable candidate to replace the current conservative govt (PM) or is it time to go "back to roots" and just work for the people for the time being? I'm stateside but I listen to National Public Radio and try to pay attention to international politics to some degree. Wasnt he running against his brother?
  • LONDON!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    Please elaborate on what the Labo(u)r Party stands for these days (in your opinion). Do you think the LP has any chance of lifting up a viable candidate to replace the current conservative govt (PM) or is it time to go "back to roots" and just work for the people for the time being? I'm stateside but I listen to National Public Radio and try to pay attention to international politics to some degree. Wasnt he running against his brother?

no problem fam, in my opinon, the labour party purged out most of the old labour members from the party, from the grassroots to the top and is now a mostly centre right party, new labour, this was done by tony blair to appeal to middle england which is mostly centre right in the hopes they could get into power and consilidate that power wit centre right policy's

ed miliband is not old labour but is definetly not new labour either and is more of a centrist but more left of the other candidates he beat in this contest, including his brother david milliband. the tory goverment in power didn't get an outright victory in the recent general election, so they had to form a coalition wit the liberal democrats, so i think ed has a good chance of beating the tory's at the next election, we've all the tory draconian cuts in public services and who knows what else there gonna do in the rest of there term. i think ed could get the base support out and appeal to middle england because he hasen't got the same baggage as gordon brown did for various reasons
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ....Labor=Democrats and Tory=Republicans (roughly speaking)

And would you say London is more liberal than middle England? In the US the coasts (particularly Northern areas) tend toward Democrat whereas the areas in between are typically far more conservative. Is it like that over there as well? I've yet to make it to UK and/or Europe to get a "people's birds eye view"
  • LONDON!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    ....Labor=Democrats and Tory=Republicans (roughly speaking)

And would you say London is more liberal than middle England? In the US the coasts (particularly Northern areas) tend toward Democrat whereas the areas in between are typically far more conservative. Is it like that over there as well? I've yet to make it to UK and/or Europe to get a "people's birds eye view"

you've got it in a nutshell fam, inner london is more labour territory, the outskirts of london tory and northern england is more labour and the shires, farmland, villages, which is a big part of england is more tory