isnt it funny how jay z will put people who are hot at the time on his album

thedesolateone
thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Reason
let them do a chorus cause he himself knows they cant spit like juvenile lil wayne,drake,kid cudi or if he does let them rap he writes the verse like foxy,memphis bleek.jay-z isnt taking any chances.hes saying: you aint ? up my ? !

Comments

• ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    let them do a chorus like juvenile because he know they cant spit

Yeh Jay Z could never do Choruses he always has had people to feature to do his Choruses
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Yeh Jay Z could never do Choruses he always has had people to feature to do his Choruses

sorry ill rephase my point
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    let them do a chorus cause he himself knows they cant spit like juvenile lil wayne,drake,kid cudi or if he does let them rap he writes the verse like foxy,memphis bleek.jay-z isnt taking any chances.hes saying: you aint ? up my ? !

Funny or good marketing, you be the judge

J Cole rapped on BP3
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    ambiguous1 wrote: »

J Cole rapped on BP3

And Wayne rapped on AG. I dont get what ts is trying to say...smh

Getwitcha
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    are u saying jay doesnt want to be outshined or are u saying that he will only let folks who can spit like j cole actually rap on his album...people like wayne, drake, and cudi who in your opinion cant spit only get the chorus
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Then how do you explain Beanie Sigel, J Cole, Kanye,etc. Think before you post ? ass ? .
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010

J Cole rapped on BP3

are you saying j cole sucks cause he deserves his verse
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    i think what hes saying is he takes whos hot right now and let them do the hook and not rap bc he doesnt want to lose shine just steal theres n j cole isnt hot right now plus hes on jays label same with beanine and kanye
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010
    exactly now you understand maybe my words and what i mean doesnt match i dont know i thought this was clear im saying he will only let folks who can spit like j cole actually rap on his album...people like wayne, drake, and cudi who in your opinion cant spit only get the chorus
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    jay z cant hold a album down by himself. blueprint 3 should of been a compilation album with all them ? features on it. jay z isnt a artist and he has told us time and time again that he is a coke mule that happens to know how to rap. fair enough. thats what makes him a shallow dry mc. jay z said he was moving hip hop into a new direction with bp3 and i dont hear anything futuristic on the album. he sticks to his" im the greatest" subject matter. no soul. no convictions. nothing creative . just processed industry noise that they pass off as hip hop. 2009 was one of the worst years in world history/recent memory and jay z spoke on nothing relevant to what black men are facing nowadays. he didnt speak on the recession because its too depressing. tell that to the fans who are hitting the pavement looking for work everyday. nothing positive about uplifting the community or unity/brotherhood themes. just a whole lot of self ? and telling us what new stuff he is on. thats why i dont give a ? about how much of a so called powerful man jay z. he doesnt put it to any good use. all of these gangsters jay z try to imitate looked out for their hoods and people that were good to them. dillinger used to pay rent for entire apartment complexes. capone gave 100 bills to shoe shine boys. lanksy wealth from his enemies was used to boost the economy in his own neighborhood. king david and chief lloyd set up rec centers, job training classes and small business in bgdn/brothers nation hoods. black panthers promoted self defense and awareness even the gods still build. jay z dont do ? like that. he isnt an american gangster. he is a industry tool now. he donates where bono donates and its nothing but a tax write off that he will make money off of anyways. he dont care about hip hop. he is just infatuated with his so called greatness and wants to push his agenda on u ? riding jigga warriors.

havent said this in a minute but

? JAY Z
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Then how do you explain Beanie Sigel, J Cole, Kanye,etc. Think before you post ? ass ? .

Or Scarface, Outkast, BIG, NaS, Lox. Sauce money, UGK, twista..........
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    are you saying j cole sucks cause he deserves his verse

no the t/s said and if he does let them rap he writes his verse... I just picked 1 instance, and really picked this one b/c J Cole even says in the song he didnt write his verse'

That being said i dont think J Cole is as good as many make him out to be
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010
    no the t/s said and if he does let them rap he writes his verse... I just picked 1 instance, and really picked this one b/c J Cole even says in the song he didnt write his verse'

That being said i dont think J Cole is as good as many make him out to be

do you agree he is lyrically better than drake and above average.i didnt know jay wrote his verse but it makes sense and goes exactly with my post!
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010
    tri3w wrote: »
    Or Scarface, Outkast, BIG, NaS, Lox. Sauce money, UGK, twista..........

what r u talking about every one you named is lyrically ill so of couse he would feature them and let them spit.maybe you misunderstood my post.
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    i meant he says in teh song that JAY didnt write his verse his = jay

lyrically better than drake? yes. above average? idk... the bar has been severly dropped these days...

I just also know when creating songs you place people where it makes most sense, and i also know a lot goes into actually putting someone in a verse. It's a lot easier to just do a quick hook and maybe that's all people had time to do.

I also know Jay put J Cole on that verse to give him shine as if i'm not mistaken he's coming up on Roc Nation...

I just think a lot goes into placing people on your album to make a song and album flow
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Jay-Z is about money. Not music.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2010
    i meant he says in teh song that JAY didnt write his verse his = jay

lyrically better than drake? yes. above average? idk... the bar has been severly dropped these days...

I just also know when creating songs you place people where it makes most sense, and i also know a lot goes into actually putting someone in a verse. It's a lot easier to just do a quick hook and maybe that's all people had time to do.

I also know Jay put J Cole on that verse to give him shine as if i'm not mistaken he's coming up on Roc Nation...

I just think a lot goes into placing people on your album to make a song and album flow

thanks for clearing that up.what im ultimately saying is jay is a true artist and doesnt put people on his song just for the money because if he did he would let wayne rap whatever knowing waynes fan base will also be his by the connection
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Why not put who's hot at the time on an album? He tryna sell some records.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    LMAO only on the net will you find such ridiculous notions. J. Cole better than Drake? How????? GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I still don't believe Jay was the mind behind BP3...
  • ambiguous1
    edited February 2010
    LMAO only on the net will you find such ridiculous notions. J. Cole better than Drake? How????? GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha

in regards to lyrical ability, yes
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    jay z cant hold a album down by himself. blueprint 3 should of been a compilation album with all them ? features on it. jay z isnt a artist and he has told us time and time again that he is a coke mule that happens to know how to rap. fair enough. thats what makes him a shallow dry mc. jay z said he was moving hip hop into a new direction with bp3 and i dont hear anything futuristic on the album. he sticks to his" im the greatest" subject matter. no soul. no convictions. nothing creative . just processed industry noise that they pass off as hip hop. 2009 was one of the worst years in world history/recent memory and jay z spoke on nothing relevant to what black men are facing nowadays. he didnt speak on the recession because its too depressing. tell that to the fans who are hitting the pavement looking for work everyday. nothing positive about uplifting the community or unity/brotherhood themes. just a whole lot of self ? and telling us what new stuff he is on. thats why i dont give a ? about how much of a so called powerful man jay z. he doesnt put it to any good use. all of these gangsters jay z try to imitate looked out for their hoods and people that were good to them. dillinger used to pay rent for entire apartment complexes. capone gave 100 bills to shoe shine boys. lanksy wealth from his enemies was used to boost the economy in his own neighborhood. king david and chief lloyd set up rec centers, job training classes and small business in bgdn/brothers nation hoods. black panthers promoted self defense and awareness even the gods still build. jay z dont do ? like that. he isnt an american gangster. he is a industry tool now. he donates where bono donates and its nothing but a tax write off that he will make money off of anyways. he dont care about hip hop. he is just infatuated with his so called greatness and wants to push his agenda on u ? riding jigga warriors.

? JAY Z

Some good points... but the ? has EVERY RIGHT to spend his money how he want
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Rap has had r&b singers doing hooks forever. Thats nothing new.

I think Jay used that Drake feature to capitalize off Drakes hype at the time.

But that Cudi feature I bet was just chosen as a dope track when he was sifting through what he was going to use for the album. I wasn't really feeling Cudi's style before that track, and now I would actually give it a listen because he came with it on that hook to Already Home.

But overall I think Jay breaks more artists than he does use them.
  • ItsBboy!
    ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

? JAY Z

Talkin bout the recession is just depressin/
    I rock wit Obama but I ain't no politician

truth be told if lyrics sold/
    lyrically I'd be Talib Kweli/
    truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense/
    (But I did 5 mill)
    and I ain't been rhymin like Common since/

He explained all of that ? a long time ago.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    err ? u named that did choruses, can definitely spit...