Felix Jones gets outplayed by several RB's that were taken after him in the 08 draft

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
that was supposed to be Jerry's boy. from arkansas. but he can't stay healthy and when he is completely healthy, he's still getting the short-end of the stick when it comes to carries. why you gonna take a back in the first round and at least not give him half the workload. Jerry gotta be ? he drafted with his heart instead of his head, nh.
Seven running backs – two in the first round, two in the second round and three in the third round – were taken after Jones, who was selected with the 22nd pick of the first round.

Among those players, Jones ranks last in yards, last in touchdowns and second to last in runs of 20 yards or more.

Tennessee's Chris Johnson is obviously the best player among those taken after Jones, but Pittsburgh's Mendenhall, Chicago's Matt Forte , Baltimore's Ray Rice and Kansas City's Jamaal Charles are all players who have been more productive than Jones.

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have yet to Understand why this Dude isn't the Main RB, Well when he's healthy

Marion Barber Has to be one of the Slowest RB's in the league, he's good for short yardage and goal line but i wouldn't let him steal a ton of touches from Felix Jones, Jones Touches needs to be in the 20's he has big play ability

i Hate watching Barber play , Dude moves like a ? snail...Zero Burst, great blocker but ? he sucks as a Runner....anybody who gets that Hyped about 3 yard gains doesn't expect much of himself.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Dallas has always done a great job hyping up their draft picks. They actually fool people.

Barber hasn't looked as good the last two years, but has to be one of the toughest RBs in the league.
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Some picks just don't work out *shrugs*

Is Darren his old teammate still in the League?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't think you can compare his siutation with those other guys situation. Dallas has held him back imo, on top of the team being loaded with with talent, along with his injuries!
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Felix still hasnt proved he can last a full season, but he is a good back and if the Offense can get the running game going he is going to shine.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    A three back backfield is the reason why

too many carries being spread out for anyone to have huge numbers

and they Really need to cut that out, Cuz it' aint All that it's hyped up to be......
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Some picks just don't work out *shrugs*

Is Darren his old teammate still in the League?

yeah, he's breaking the century mark w/ one of the worst teams in the league while Felix is wearing a baseball cap
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and they Really need to cut that out, Cuz it' aint All that it's hyped up to be......

LMAO, that one game they had all 3 in the backfield, trying to run some option type play, got 'em about 1 yard
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL at Dallas Being "Loaded in the Backfield" ...With Who?? Marion "Snail" Barber and Tashard Choice????...... One Waste Holes because he's Dirt Slow and the other is just a Glorified 3rd Down Back because he has a Star on the side of his helmet.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    LMAO, that one game they had all 3 in the backfield, trying to run some option type play, got 'em about 1 yard

Shiiiiiiitttt... that was a nice design. Choice kept the ball up the middle and should have pitched it. Felix was already on the corner with Barber in front of him. That would have went for at least 20 and maybe more. I have a feeling they will run that formation against Tennesee after the bye.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They ? up Not Taking Mendenhall.....

Nobody Saw Chris Johnson Being that great so cant blame teams really, he was drafted as a Change of Pace back in a Duo Backfield at the time and was labeled as someone who would never be able to handle a true workload....he was gonna be good but nobody expected him to do what he's doing, cuz if they did he would obviously been a top 5 Pick and not a Late 1st Rounder

But Mendenhall was the Route They should have went , i feel like he's all those Runningbacks they have now Wrapped into one, He's Got Power and Speed...he would have fit Dallas pretty good.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah, i was wanting carolina to take mendenhall with their pick (they took stewart) who is probably a better back, but passing on mendenhall for stewart is cool, passing on him for Jones has been a mistake.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't see the hype either. He actually looks a lil tad slower this year if anything
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They ? up Not Taking Mendenhall.....

Nobody Saw Chris Johnson Being that great so cant blame teams really, he was drafted as a Change of Pace back in a Duo Backfield at the time and was labeled as someone who would never be able to handle a true workload....he was gonna be good but nobody expected him to do what he's doing, cuz if they did he would obviously been a top 5 Pick and not a Late 1st Rounder

But Mendenhall was the Route They should have went , i feel like he's all those Runningbacks they have now Wrapped into one, He's Got Power and Speed...he would have fit Dallas pretty good.

mendenhall wouldnt have been a bad pick for us. but i'm not yet willing to hop off the felix jones bandwagon.

he's an explosive runner. he has the ability to take it to the house each time.....i dont understand why hes not the feature back. i have no problem with marion being the short yardage back/3rd down pass protecting back.

teams dont even have to gameplan for felix cause hes not getting enough touches. i mean he has decent hands out the backfield...so why cant we get more screen plays with him? idk

i say if felix jones was gettin somewhere around 20 touches a game, he would definitely be a factor in the cowboys offense. they seriously need to cut this '3 headed monster' ? out. keep jones and barber or choice.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't see the hype either. He actually looks a lil tad slower this year if anything

he did bulk up a lil bit. but yeah..you cant really make a judgement though cause they're barely using him in these games it seems like
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    mendenhall wouldnt have been a bad pick for us. but i'm not yet willing to hop off the felix jones bandwagon.

he's an explosive runner. he has the ability to take it to the house each time.....i dont understand why hes not the feature back. i have no problem with marion being the short yardage back/3rd down pass protecting back.

teams dont even have to gameplan for felix cause hes not getting enough touches. i mean he has decent hands out the backfield...so why cant we get more screen plays with him? idk

i say if felix jones was gettin somewhere around 20 touches a game, he would definitely be a factor in the cowboys offense. they seriously need to cut this '3 headed monster' ? out. keep jones and barber or choice.

Co-Sign Bolded....Runningbacks have to be able to get in a groove also, u cant play one series, then skip a series then come back in then skip another series, just Pick one and ride it out, all that flip floppin ? is annoying it has to be....

and nothing against Tashard Choice he's a OK back but he isn't any different than majority backups in the NFL, there are a lot of "Tashard Choices" in the league....Just do like u said give jones as many touches as Possibly .
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    that was supposed to be Jerry's boy. from arkansas. but he can't stay healthy and when he is completely healthy, he's still getting the short-end of the stick when it comes to carries. why you gonna take a back in the first round and at least not give him half the workload. Jerry gotta be ? he drafted with his heart instead of his head, nh.

it was a bad pick.

? Jerry. Everyone knew Mendenhall would be better than Felix.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Choice got a bunch of unwarranted hyped solely off that Pittsburgh game. I wouldn't equate that ? into my gameplan past special teams
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol felix jones wouldnt last the season if he got 20 touches a game
    Choice got a bunch of unwarranted hyped solely off that Pittsburgh game. I wouldn't equate that ? into my gameplan past special teams

yea choice is solid, but i wouldnt give him any touches over barber or jones
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Co-Sign.....Felix should be the main back with MBIII doing the short yard situations.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol felix jones wouldnt last the season if he got 20 touches a game

yea choice is solid, but i wouldnt give him any touches over barber or jones

but 6 or 7 touches a game is damn near the same as not having him at all, so ? u minus well risk it by giving him 20 + Touches, cuz it's like he's not even there the way they use him anyways.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    but 6 or 7 touches a game is damn near the same as not having him at all, so ? u minus well risk it by giving him 20 + Touches, cuz it's like he's not even there the way they use him anyways.

agreed. i understand trying to keep all 3 backs fresh, but its hurting the team
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Can't co-sign that....when he replaces on of them for injury he performs. Proved it multiplte times that he's legit but this 2 headed monster ? is stupid. Feed Felix the ball and mix in some MBIII.