What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Real Hip Hop B: What song made you fall in love with it?

jackthemackjackthemack Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Reason
Honestly, I've been listening to hip hop since early 90s cuz I had older cousins and a young aunt that played it all the time. But when I heard this song, this was the first time I actually listened to an entire album. And don't be fooled: Niggas really wasn't checkin for Jay until Vol 2 came out. Reasonable Doubt wasn't as hot on the streets as Nas' joint was in 96 or the Fugees but I distinctly remember this album shaping my love for hip hop.

My cousin Brandon was playing this tape in his boombox while we were playing basketball and I had to beg my aunt to buy it for me so I could listen to it. My mom took it away eventually anyways :(

Replies

• jackthemackjackthemack Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    That shit make me wanna do the wop
  • Elle_MusicElle_Music Posts: 926
    edited September 2010
    Damn Dink, all your threads are flop'n... whats up with that?
  • jackthemackjackthemack Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Elle_Music wrote: »
    Damn Dink, all your threads are flop'n... whats up with that?

Lmao word I'm lookin flabby and sick out here
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,542 Regulator
    edited September 2010

This made me love this thing we call hiphop. My dad had the record and i used to play that joint everyday.
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
  • ShyheimShyheim Posts: 580
    edited September 2010

...One of the first Hip-Hop songs I've ever heard...
  • hrap-120hrap-120 Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • darkraindarkrain Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

My older brother always play that tape shit all the time and I always nodding my head like yeah.
  • Elle_MusicElle_Music Posts: 926
    edited September 2010
    Lmao word I'm lookin flabby and sick out here
    lol well looks like you're getting a little bit of movement now that it's in the reason
  • Mr. AJMr. AJ Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I was one of the youngest in a breakin crew and we would practice to this shit all the time

"PLAY THAT BEAT" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWV5t1SgVj0 <click this, they wont allow it to post on forums

watch?v=eWV5t1SgVj0

• BaaLooNBaaLooN Posts: 480
    edited September 2010
    Some of yall old as hell, aint it time to take care of yall grand kids or sum?

I think Eminem - Rock bottom or stan was first for me..
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

...keep following and swallowing...
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • monolithicpawmonolithicpaw Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Cain_Marko wrote: »

This made me love this thing we call hiphop. My dad had the record and i used to play that joint everyday.

Yup! this is mine too. whenever Rappers Delight came on, my mother would change the station. I remember the first time we heard this and she turned it up. and when I asked if she liked it she said "it has a Message". Years later I found out that, "that" was the name of the song.
  • IbexIbex Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    As soon as I heard the chorus I was hooked...
    Image.jpg
  • FreshoniaFreshonia Posts: 1,291 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    What made me fall in love is When I tried to do it myself. And to be honest I was garbage as fuck when I look back but pretty good for my age.(12) my style was influenced by the radio, and I guess that's where my simplistic style came from even after a couple years of getting gradually better. Then that's when I started listening to PAC w/ hail mary, he changed shit for me. He changed the way I rapped, and thought about shit. He brought me a broader perspective of everything. He was the catalyst for me to open up to nas, big, jay-z(90's) and all types of hip hop (alternative, g-funk, 80's w/e). I was in middle-high school only bumpin old 90's shit, while everyones was on that autotune vibe. But, now I listen to all types of rap, from gucci to kweli, and Wayne to Andre 3k. . But the shit that had me fall wit it was hail mary.
  • JackAssInTheBoxJackAssInTheBox Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »

Classic...

cosign...no homo