Options
2»

Comments

• rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    wheres ASANTE SAMUEL at when you need him??
    fixed****.....
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    fixed****.....

Overpaid as ? .

He wasnt worth the money hes getting.

Bodden is injured, so is Warren. I think theyre both out for the year. The D would be nice with those two back.

I think ? is overreacting about our Defense. Alot of the points they gave up in Week 2 was because BRADY threw a couple terrible INTs and gave the NYJ good field position. Then our special teams messed up in week 3. In week 1 our defense looked good in the first half, and only started giving up points in garbage time.

Basically, our D is young and still learning and meshing together. Only a few starters from last year are still on this defense. They gonna learn fast, by the end of the year our D will be good.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    fixed****.....

ty law was a way better than corner than asante...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    arcade is doing what most fans do when the team is performing ? in a certain area which is talking about the future ....

just face it ya D is horse ? .....
  • xRapHeadx
    xRapHeadx Members Posts: 155
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Belichick has never been a defensive genius...he had some of the best players at their positions along that D consistently, then they got old.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    arcade is doing what most fans do when the team is performing ? in a certain area which is talking about the future ....

just face it ya D is horse ? .....

R u serious ? .... Facts are facts... 6 of their 11 starters are rookies or 2nd year players. What the ? you expect?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    xRapHeadx wrote: »
    Belichick has never been a defensive genius...he had some of the best players at their positions along that D consistently, then they got old.

Belichick was known as a defensive genius wayyy before he was even with the Patriots.

They were also known as a team that had "no big names, no superstars" when they won their 1st SuperBowl in 2001. Then those names got big, but dont kid yourself...Vrabel, Milloy, and Bruschi were nobodys in the early 2000's.
  • xRapHeadx
    xRapHeadx Members Posts: 155
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol. You fail to mention Willie McGinest..Ty Law..Richard Seymour(top 10 pick)..Ty Warren(top 15 pick)

They had some great talent..
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    xRapHeadx wrote: »
    lol. You fail to mention Willie McGinest..Ty Law..Richard Seymour(top 10 pick)..Ty Warren(top 15 pick)

They had some great talent..

Ty Law didnt play 1 game in their last SuperBowl year.

Richard Seymour...glad you mentioned him... Belichick got BLASTED for drafting Seymour.... and he turned out to be the best Dlineman from that entire draft..

McGinest was good, but he never even got over 10 sacks in a season.

Every team has some good players on Defense. The Pats certainly didnt have any Ray lewis and Ed Reed type players though.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    SMH @ the SportsCentre fans

It doesnt take a genius to figure out what the problem with NE defense is.

They have 8 players on their defense that are starting in NE for the first time. The only 3 "veterans" on D are Mayo (3rd yr), Meriweather (4th year, and also benched this season), and Wilfork.

All the Patriots Defensive players were old around the same time. Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, Vrabel, Colvin. I guess the only ones they didnt pay were Asante (wasnt worth it IMO), and Seymour they got a good deal for (I still wouldve kept him tho)

Why is Merriweather benched?

that's my ? .
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ask the dude who said they're starting their 2nd dynasty
  • Moment.of.Silence
    Moment.of.Silence Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no love for Chung??..hes the only ? in that secondary who can tackle..
  • bow to royalty
    edited September 2010
    Options
    R u serious ? .... Facts are facts... 6 of their 11 starters are rookies or 2nd year players. What the ? you expect?

I see what you're saying, but can we feel bad for Bill? They let go Asante Samuel, traded Richard Seymour, gave away Vrabel (not amazing, but a good leader from what I understand. And that's useful on a young team). I'd feel worse for him if everyone got old at once. But he put himself in this situation. Like after this year if the Pats don't decide to keep Moss, I'm not gonna feel bad for them if the passing game suffers.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You didnt get the memo they had no corners??? lmao
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I see what you're saying, but can we feel bad for Bill? They let go Asante Samuel, traded Richard Seymour, gave away Vrabel (not amazing, but a good leader from what I understand. And that's useful on a young team). I'd feel worse for him if everyone got old at once. But he put himself in this situation. Like after this year if the Pats don't decide to keep Moss, I'm not gonna feel bad for them if the passing game suffers.

Asante wanted way more money than he was worth. He wanted shutdown corner money. He aint no shutdown CB.

The Seymour deal, I didnt agree with at the time... but when April rolls around next year and we got a TOP 5 pick, its gonna be lookin really nice. We re-signed Wilfork that same year, I dont think we would've had enough cap room for Seymour.

Vrabel is way past his prime. Youre right, he wouldve brought good leadership to the team. And they gave him away as basically a throw in. IIRC they wouldve taken a big cap hit if they kept him. Still he couldve helped instill the Patriot Way in these young cats. This is the only one I really disagree with. He wouldve been valuable in the locker room, even though he looked like ? his last year here.

And we got Brandon Tate, Edelman, Taylor Price, Aaron Hernandez to pick up the slack if/when Moss isnt re-signed next year. Dont forget we won 3 SuperBowls without Moss. BB's been drafting WR's in the past couple years so we got some kids to make plays after Moss is gone.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    You didnt get the memo they had no corners??? lmao

I wouldnt say McCourtey has shut ? down this year, but he's looked damn good against Terrell Owens and Lee Evans.

and hes only a rookie. He has serious #1 CB potential, possible Pro Bowl potential in the upcoming years.
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Asante wanted way more money than he was worth. He wanted shutdown corner money. He aint no shutdown CB.

The Seymour deal, I didnt agree with at the time... but when April rolls around next year and we got a TOP 5 pick, its gonna be lookin really nice. We re-signed Wilfork that same year, I dont think we would've had enough cap room for Seymour.

Vrabel is way past his prime. Youre right, he wouldve brought good leadership to the team. And they gave him away as basically a throw in. IIRC they wouldve taken a big cap hit if they kept him. Still he couldve helped instill the Patriot Way in these young cats. This is the only one I really disagree with. He wouldve been valuable in the locker room, even though he looked like ? his last year here.

And we got Brandon Tate, Edelman, Taylor Price, Aaron Hernandez to pick up the slack if/when Moss isnt re-signed next year. Dont forget we won 3 SuperBowls without Moss. BB's been drafting WR's in the past couple years so we got some kids to make plays after Moss is gone.

Samuel did want big bucks, but how long until the secondary gets right again? This is his 2nd year gone, and looks like they still have plenty work to do.

The Seymour trade is a risky move IMO. Like they say, a bird in the hand's worth two in the bush. You know you have a quality player in Seymour...you MAY get a good player with the pick they got for Seymour.

Moss is a really talented deep threat. I haven't seen Tate and Price play so I can't speak on them. But Edelman is a Welker type, and they already have a Welker. Hernandez is a TE so he's not gonna take Moss's spot either.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Samuel did want big bucks, but how long until the secondary gets right again? This is his 2nd year gone, and looks like they still have plenty work to do.

The Seymour trade is a risky move IMO. Like they say, a bird in the hand's worth two in the bush. You know you have a quality player in Seymour...you MAY get a good player with the pick they got for Seymour.

Moss is a really talented deep threat. I haven't seen Tate and Price play so I can't speak on them. But Edelman is a Welker type, and they already have a Welker. Hernandez is a TE so he's not gonna take Moss's spot either.

The secondary woulda been fine if Bodden wasnt injured. He played really well last year. and McCourty is lookin good too.

BB's only miss in the 1st rd was Maroney, and even then he wasnt a complete total Bust. With a Top 5 pick, I'm sure BB will turn it into something useful.

Moss is a once in a lifetime receiver, but who knows, maybe we use that Top 5 pick on AJ Green and get Moss's replacement.
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if you look at the alignment they play a soft ass zone. they've always given up the 7-10yrd dig and comeback routes. in that ny game they ran zone 18 straight plays and allowed sanchez to get a rhythm. they hardly ever body up the receivers and its easy as ? to pass on them. until belichek trusts the db's they will stubbornly stay in zone
  • Moment.of.Silence
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why is everybody talking bout the secondary..have yall seen how pathetic that pass rush is??..OLB is nonexistant on that squad..lol smh @ TBC getting free shots to the quarterback and tackling fresh air..
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why is everybody talking bout the secondary..have yall seen how pathetic that pass rush is??..OLB is nonexistant on that squad..lol smh @ TBC getting free shots to the quarterback and tackling fresh air..

cuz imo we are getting pressure. sacks are great but as long as we can move the QB feet we have done our job. i just hate that they play so much zone. they aren't aggressive on D
  • Moment.of.Silence
    edited October 2010
    Options
    prada_g24 wrote: »
    cuz imo we are getting pressure. sacks are great but as long as we can move the QB feet we have done our job. i just hate that they play so much zone. they aren't aggressive on D

nope..if this were the case the secondary wouldnt look that bad..QBs are shifting their feet and buying time to make good passes..whats the point of pressure if you cant disrupt the pass??..till they get that fixed them young DBs is gonna look foolish all year long..