Hajime no Ippo

arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Animania
hajimeiooppowt8ta6.jpg

I started watching this anime about 2 years ago and I was pleasantly surprised at how awesome this was. I'm surprised no one mentions this more as one of the better anime series out there. It's a boxing anime whose protagonist, Makunochi Ippo, has the same happy-go-lucky demeanor of Goku. But the level of attention to detail to the realities of boxing, from training to recovery, is what sets this apart. Anyone up on this one?

Comments

• JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited September 2010
    I like both the anime and the manga but I was disappointed the way they cut the 2nd season to only 26 episodes.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    For real. The guy who was one of the voice actors said that there was gonna be a 2nd season, but that was 2 years ago. In Japan, I think Hajime no ippo is one of the more popular mangas behind Naruto and Bleach, so I'm kinda surprised there isn't more of a push to continue the anime. But definitely in terms of attention to detail, I would put this series in front of a lot of other ones out there.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Yeah this was definitely a great show. I remember when I first stumbled on this show, I believed I watched all of the first season and movies within a couple of days. Hajime no ippo along with eyeshield 21 and slam dunk are some of my favorites.