900 lb, 13-foot Alligtor (captured/killed)

Options
1235»

Comments

• melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol you must not catch many Steeler games.

Wallace is gonna be a problem this season.

yeah,im going to put him on my fantasy team, hes still on the waiver wire. Okay 1 receiver? Yall will not be able to compete with Houston,Indy,and MOSDEF not the Pats.

win or at least come in 2nd in your division then holla at me LOL
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OH brother... You guys are hilarious. Ok first of all, if you watched those videos, those were rare and unusual cases where a chimp would use a 'tool' to so-called hunt. But they were hunting other baby chimps whcih is a TERRITORIAL THING! They will ? any foreign chimps in their area and also eat them! Using a branch to poke into a tree is not really that sofisticated. Sure more so than most animals, but primates are the closest to humans than any other animal. So what they can recognize themselves in the mirror, that's self acknowledgment, but that doesn't mean they can choose what football team they like best or whether or not they should give up their role as an alpha male to another chimp just becuase they want to be nice or it's that's chimps birthday. gtfoh... You know what I meant when I said self aware....

There are insects like ants that can build bridges out of each other and spiders that use webs just like a lasso... Animals are capable through INSTINCT to use tools or create architectures that would seem absolutely amazing to even us.... Does this mean they are capable of distinguishing right from left (ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT BEING TAUGHT OR TRAINED)? I highly doubt it.

As far as cancer. You are what you eat. IF you eat right, and exercise as well as maintain a healthy psyche, your body will become strong enough to fight off un welcomed sickness or diseases. Just because you're a vegetarian, doesn't mean you always stay away from cake, candy, high fructose corn syrup products, soda and other junk food that doesn't contain meat... Sugar is highly bad for your immune system and increases your risk of being sick or getting cancer. Certain types of meat fall heavily into that category as well. I know vegetarians that are over weight... I NEVER said Pork was the only thing that could give you cancer... it DEFINITELY CONTRIBUTES though... Keep lying to yourself. I have seen people CURE themselves from cancer by simply changing their diet. Your body is built to regenerate itself but only if it's healthy and in the condition to do so.

Other means of getting cancer would be exposing yourself to too much pollution or radiation of some sort that has nothing to do with eating.. but that's not what this is about.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    OH brother... You guys are hilarious. Ok first of all, if you watched those videos, those were rare and unusual cases where a chimp would use a 'tool' to so-called hunt. But they were hunting other baby chimps whcih is a TERRITORIAL THING! They will ? any foreign chimps in their area and also eat them! Using a branch to poke into a tree is not really that sofisticated. Sure more so than most animals, but primates are the closest to humans than any other animal. So what they can recognize themselves in the mirror, that's self acknowledgment, but that doesn't mean they can choose what football team they like best or whether or not they should give up their role as an alpha male to another chimp just becuase they want to be nice or it's that's chimps birthday. gtfoh... You know what I meant when I said self aware....

There are insects like ants that can build bridges out of each other and spiders that use webs just like a lasso... Animals are capable through INSTINCT to use tools or create architectures that would seem absolutely amazing to even us.... Does this mean they are capable of distinguishing right from left? I highly doubt it.

As far as cancer. You are what you eat. IF you eat right, and exercise as well as maintain a healthy psyche, your body will become strong enough to fight off un welcomed sickness or diseases. Just because you're a vegetarian, doesn't mean you always stay away from cake, candy, high fructose corn syrup products, soda and other junk food that doesn't contain meat... Sugar is highly bad for your immune system and increases your risk of being sick or getting cancer. Certain types of meat fall heavily into that category as well. I know vegetarians that are over weight... I NEVER said Pork was the only thing that could give you cancer... it DEFINITELY CONTRIBUTES though... Keep lying to yourself. I have seen people CURE themselves from cancer by simply changing their diet. Your body is built to regenerate itself but only if it's healthy and in the condition to do so.

Other means of getting cancer would be exposing yourself to too much pollution or radiation of some sort that has nothing to do with eating.. but that's not what this is about.

Very enlightning post.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options

There are insects like ants that can build bridges out of each other and spiders that use webs just like a lasso... Animals are capable through INSTINCT to use tools or create architectures that would seem absolutely amazing to even us.... Does this mean they are capable of distinguishing right from left (ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT BEING TAUGHT OR TRAINED)? I highly doubt it.

Lol no they are not.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah,im going to put him on my fantasy team, hes still on the waiver wire. Okay 1 receiver? Yall will not be able to compete with Houston,Indy,and MOSDEF not the Pats.

win or at least come in 2nd in your division then holla at me LOL

Lol who gone win our division?

B-more been flaky, The Browns and the Bengals? SMH LMAO...

Ward and Wallace is a great 1-2 punch. You got a every down possession receiver in Ward and a guy that will make the big play, that's all you need.

And that Steeler D is back!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Is this a serious post because it seems like a joke. Chimps using tools isn't rare or unusual. It's well documented. They use sticks to eat termites and ants all the time. Also, what difference does using a tool to hunt or to defend territory make. It demonstrates the same amount of intelligence either way. What the hell does choosing your favorite football team have to do with being self aware. Self awareness means an organism can recognize itself as individual being. Mirror tests prove that some animals can do that at some level. Dogs and cats are incapable of this. If they see a mirror, they believe the reflection is another animal and are incapable of figuring out the truth. I'm not sure what you meant by self aware, but I do know what the term self awareness means. Are those animals self aware to the same degree as humans? No, but so what.

You're right there are instinctual and hard wired behaviors in animals. However, there are also learned behaviors. Monkeys don't come out of the ? programmed to use rocks to ? nutshells. They learn by observation and trial and error. Not to mention that tool use doesn't necessarily appear in all populations of a given species. For instance, if using a stick as a tool was a natural instinct of chimps, then all chimps would do it. However, that's not the case. It's clearly something that certain populations learned and other didn't. Not only that, but those who do know how to do it, have been shown to be able to teach those who didn't know how to do it. That's not instinct. And what do you mean by distingusing right from left? No they don't call them that, but animals can most assuredly tell one side from the other side.

Eating pork is not some kind of death sentence like you're making it out to be. My family is from the country and some of the older people down there have eaten parts of the pig I wouldn't even look at. I know plenty of 70+ y/o people who get around just fine and are cancer free. The idea you're trying to push that eating pork = you will get cancer is false. Does it increase your chances? Maybe for some people it does, but there are so many factors involved in a person contracting cancer that picking one thing like that and trying to label it as the "major" cause is silly.

Exactly, so with all those variables in play, it would take some serious evaluation and experimentation to nail down pork as some kind of super carcinogen. I have yet to see you provide any evidence to that end.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Eating pork is not some kind of death sentence like you're making it out to be. My family is from the country and some of the older people down there have eaten parts of the pig I wouldn't even look at. I know plenty of 70+ y/o people who get around just fine and are cancer free. The idea you're trying to push that eating pork = you will get cancer is false. Does it increase your chances? Maybe for some people it does, but there are so many factors involved in a person contracting cancer that picking one thing like that and trying to label it as the "major" cause is silly.

Cancer is not the only sickness out there. Eating pork AND/OR any other unhealthy food will ultimately lead to some sort of disease, whether it's cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease, obesity or who knows whatever else I'm leaving out. I said Cancer to make a point mainly...

And I refuse to believe those relatives of your's that eat pork all the time have no type of sickness or unhealthy side effects whatsoever. I would bet my life they are on a billion different types of medicines just to keep their hearts pumping blood through their bodies... tell me I'm wrong lol

Lol no they are not.

Ummm the first 2 minutes of your second video goes into great detail how that particular 'tribe' of chimps were a rare and unusual tribe and only found in that one remote part of the WORLD. Did you even watch the video or did you just type in a search and post whatever popped up?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol who gone win our division?

B-more been flaky, The Browns and the Bengals? SMH LMAO...

Ward and Wallace is a great 1-2 punch. You got a every down possession receiver in Ward and a guy that will make the big play, that's all you need.

And that Steeler D is back!

man, no lie, that Steeler D is straight vicious. I was hoping the Titans would've whooped that ass, but that Steel Curtain wasn't budging. with a decent offense, they should be even more serious. but I want to see em again in the post season for straight body slamming Vince. ? !!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cancer is not the only sickness out there. Eating pork AND/OR any other unhealthy food will ultimately lead to some sort of disease, whether it's cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease, obesity or who knows whatever else I'm leaving out. I said Cancer to make a point mainly...

That's true, but most of those diseases you named don't come from eating any particular food. They come from eating too much of particular foods. You don't get high cholesterol from eating a boiled egg every day even though eggs are a food that are linked to high cholesterol.
    And I refuse to believe those relatives of your's that eat pork all the time have no type of sickness or unhealthy side effects whatsoever. I would bet my life they are on a billion different types of medicines just to keep their hearts pumping blood through their bodies... tell me I'm wrong lol

My grandmother is 79. Does she have health problems here and there? Of course, because she's 79. You can't just say, those health problems come from eating pork. The same thing with other people. I used to work volunteer at a nursing home. One of the guys was an 82 y/o vegetarian. He hadn't eaten meat in 50 years. He was on a ton of pills too. The point is, you're trying to simplify complex issues into things that can be summarized by blaming them on one scapegoat. Few things in life work that way.
    Ummm the first 2 minutes of your second video goes into great detail how that particular 'tribe' of chimps were a rare and unusual tribe and only found in that one remote part of the WORLD. Did you even watch the video or did you just type in a search and post whatever popped up?

Nowhere in that video did it say that the tribe of chimps was rare. They said the location and habitat of the chimps were unusual. They went on to say that several actions were unexpected. The only thing they said was rare was a male chimp catching a monkey and eating it. However, it was also acknowledged that this level of observation of chimps in the wild in general was not extensive so it's questionable as to how rare that behavior actually is.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well Lonious answered that for you Chike so I'll leave it at that, nothing more needed.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this mighta been posted already but ? it im not readin thru all this...
    ]

and ? the killing of innocent animals not used for the purpose of food
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. lol
    i don't even know what you base this on.

01. what's the determination that you're using for "no other animal has self-awareness?" because apparently it's outrageous that i even question that they don't?
    02. again, pork is not the sole cause of cancer on earth, not everyone that eats a lot of pork gets cancer, and not everyone that gets cancer eats a lot of pork. you're treating it like it's a medical fact that pork is how you get cancer, and this is flatly untrue.
    03. here's a link to what i am talking about regarding chimpanzees using tools to ? animals and eat their meat: Chimps Use "Spears" to Hunt Mammals, Study Says. so that seems like something i've been talking about.
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I was just trying to show you why I appreciate him being in your avatar.
    take your act to Donkey if you have nothing else beyond this gimmick
    OH brother... You guys are hilarious. Ok first of all, if you watched those videos, those were rare and unusual cases where a chimp would use a 'tool' to so-called hunt. But they were hunting other baby chimps whcih is a TERRITORIAL THING! They will ? any foreign chimps in their area and also eat them!
    the example i give doesn't involve "baby chimps." and who cares how sophisticated it is? my original issue was that chimpanzees actively eat meat. although if we're talking about this being sophisticated as a defense of their self-awareness, alright, but that's not why i mentioned it.
    I have seen people CURE themselves from cancer by simply changing their diet.
    if we're using anecdotal evidence here, i have seen people live 90+ years, happily eating pork the entire time, and never once in their lives getting any type of cancer.

note also that i've said cancer comes from many things, not just pork, and you seem to take issue with that. so you agree cancer isn't just caused by pork? then what's the dispute here?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did she atleast make a fly ass outfit or ? out her car interior?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I was just trying to show you why I appreciate him being in your avatar.

White people used to feed Black babies to 900 lb. alligators

I couldn't ? with white people for a while after I saw this for the first time.....

You can't forget any of the cold ? they used to do to our people.....