SMH...Lebron says "racism" is behind the backlash from "The Decision"

Options
167891012»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I always agreed with Jesse Jackson. The way that Owner talked to Lebron was on some "Where are you going n!gger, you are my slave". It's funny people get mad when players make decisions but say nothing when these owners trade away and cut players. I'm cool with what Lebron did cause he's taking control of his career. The Cavs are salty cause they know they are now the worst team in the league again without Bron. Race definitely played a role. America always shows it's true colors with race some how or another.

co-sign...
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The thing I don't get is why people have such a problem the Decision. So what if he had a TV special? Why should he have to do it the "right way" and announce it quietly if he didn't want to. How is what he did bitchmade and cowardly when no one else would've done it for fear of the ridicule that he's getting right now? I don't understand. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    darkstarr8 wrote: »
    The thing I don't get is why people have such a problem the Decision. So what if he had a TV special? Why should he have to do it the "right way" and announce it quietly if he didn't want to. How is what he did bitchmade and cowardly when no one else would've done it for fear of the ridicule that he's getting right now? I don't understand. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

its the whole "he shoulda stayed to be the hometown boy and win cleveland a title" argument, and people feel that he insulted them by having a show about his decison, not just coming out and saying it like a "normal" person would, i dont have a problem with him leaving (ima heat fan), but i coulda done without the decision. but hey, thats me. I feel that him going to the heat can save his legs and further his career. he was quoted as said he didnt wanna be 31 on bad knees with no title................
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    EVERYBODY hates the fact that LeBron had "The Decision".....but EVERYBODY watched it.....lol. Where was the criticism before it actually aired?? hmmmmmm
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    EVERYBODY hates the fact that LeBron had "The Decision".....but EVERYBODY watched it.....lol. Where was the criticism before it actually aired?? hmmmmmm

There was alot of criticism before it aire.. people spoke before hand.. that he woulnt possibly do this on national tv.. and rip the hearts out of his hometown team.. and that it was a bad idea /diva move from the jump.. come again.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »

Rap Doctor did not watch that ?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sMH @ people who capitalized off the buzz and attention related to Lebron being in the city being mad at Lebron for capitalizing off the buzz and attention that was given to him by the media and the masses.
  • SoleySupreme
    SoleySupreme Members Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lebron is way too cocky and overated right about now. They need to recruit some new NBA players.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lebron is way too cocky and overated right about now. They need to recruit some new NBA players.

Hes the monster.

The media, yes-men, and fans were Dr. Frankeinstein.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? ? me with this "they hate black dudes that don't bow down" mindset. Michael Jordan is one of the most arrogant ? on the planet and white people will pay tens of thousands of dollars just to play a fake ass game against him. I'm not saying that arrogant and rich black guys don't ? off racist white people. Of course they do. However, that is not the same as saying that every white person that doesn't like a rich and arrogant black guy is because he's rich and arrogant.

Mayweather Jr. is the poster boy for this line of thinking. People are quick to defend him by saying that whites don't like him because he won't bow down. Well, what's the reasoning behind the tons of black people that don't like him? Could it be that Mayweather has qualities as both a man and a fighter that a large group of people just don't like?

Lebron has no right to claim racism in this case. As black people, when we see good athletes, we may be fans and we may like their play, but that's about it. White people, worship athletes on a level that we don't. Lebron was their king for real in many ways. A lot of Cleveland's economy rested on Lebron for no other reason than how people would react based on his whims. I saw an interview with a restaurant owner who said his business was in trouble until Lebron went there once, then he got a ton of business just on the off possibility that he might show up again. Where was the racism then? Those people would do anything just to be in Lebron's presence. It should stand to reason that people that obsessive would react to Lebron's leaving very strongly, especially when the way he did it was a big middle finger to them. This has nothing to do with racism. This has everything to do with Lebron's jackassery in his handling of the situation and Cleveland fans' stupidly obsessive attachment to one man.

/close thread/
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? ? me with this "they hate black dudes that don't bow down" mindset. Michael Jordan is one of the most arrogant ? on the planet and white people will pay tens of thousands of dollars just to play a fake ass game against him. I'm not saying that arrogant and rich black guys don't ? off racist white people. Of course they do. However, that is not the same as saying that every white person that doesn't like a rich and arrogant black guy is because he's rich and arrogant.

Mayweather Jr. is the poster boy for this line of thinking. People are quick to defend him by saying that whites don't like him because he won't bow down. Well, what's the reasoning behind the tons of black people that don't like him? Could it be that Mayweather has qualities as both a man and a fighter that a large group of people just don't like?

Lebron has no right to claim racism in this case. As black people, when we see good athletes, we may be fans and we may like their play, but that's about it. White people, worship athletes on a level that we don't. Lebron was their king for real in many ways. A lot of Cleveland's economy rested on Lebron for no other reason than how people would react based on his whims. I saw an interview with a restaurant owner who said his business was in trouble until Lebron went there once, then he got a ton of business just on the off possibility that he might show up again. Where was the racism then? Those people would do anything just to be in Lebron's presence. It should stand to reason that people that obsessive would react to Lebron's leaving very strongly, especially when the way he did it was a big middle finger to them. This has nothing to do with racism. This has everything to do with Lebron's jackassery in his handling of the situation and Cleveland fans' stupidly obsessive attachment to one man.

so why is nobody speaking out about how ? Cleveland's fans looked for being that obsessed with one person? You can't blame LeBron for the fact that an entire city, one he's not even from he's always claimed Akron not Cleveland as his home,would put that much faith into one person
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Whoever Lebron listened 2 and making 1 hr special was stupid that right there hurt him the most. I wonder if he did a simple press conference I dont think he would have gotten such BAD PR Cleveland would've still hated him but not nationwide. Athletes live in a world of ESPN they the same corp. empire that built this up 2 criticize as well. Lebron should have never done that stupid special. His career may never recover from that. I just hope this doesn't water down his game playing under DWADE b/c he was definitely fun 2 watch. Cavs owner should be ashamed of hisself he sounds like a SLAVE OWNER. Lebron fulfilled his contract he can do whatever he wants PERIOD
  • FRESHMAN
    FRESHMAN Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Man you need to come back to earth with that. I mean, all that you said, yeah people don't like how Bron get down. Confident ? like him and Mayweather come off like ? cause they know and say how good they really are. Either you want them to be humble and act like they ain't ? or to be real. I like it real, my ? . And really, you better believe that they hate us that don't bow down, cause that ? is just soaking into business. If they can't use you, you doin something wrong. Bron has been the same way, saying the same ? since he came into the NBA, he was never a humble dude. Hell, if it was me, I'd had Heat apparrel on after the DECISION. U know why??? Cause I work for the Heat now, they can make money on the games I visit there. And for the record, I don't think it's just white people, we crucify our own people because there is supposed to be this "acceptable" way to behave when in reality this bias against the pure white athlete vs. the aggressive black athlete fuels all of this. T.O. and Chad Ocho shouldn't even be on that ? list, cuz all they do is real talk! Folk were ? TO, but hey, look at the Cowboys now. ? with the real ? , that's all I'm sayin or turn ya tv down when it come on. 100.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

so why is nobody speaking out about how ? Cleveland's fans looked for being that obsessed with one person?

lmfao, you didn't see the big-ass joke thread after The Decision?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I always agreed with Jesse Jackson. The way that Owner talked to Lebron was on some "Where are you going n!gger, you are my slave". It's funny people get mad when players make decisions but say nothing when these owners trade away and cut players. I'm cool with what Lebron did cause he's taking control of his career. The Cavs are salty cause they know they are now the worst team in the league again without Bron. Race definitely played a role. America always shows it's true colors with race some how or another.

I always hated that comment. I understand his sentiment and the point he was trying to make. That said, invoking slavery under these circumstances is just stupid. Show me a slave owner that paid his slaves as much as the Cavs owner paid Lebron and then Jessie would have a point. Sure the dude was talking about Lebron more as an investment than a person, but saying it was a slavelike relationship was going too far.
    blackrain wrote: »
    [/B]

so why is nobody speaking out about how ? Cleveland's fans looked for being that obsessed with one person? You can't blame LeBron for the fact that an entire city, one he's not even from he's always claimed Akron not Cleveland as his home,would put that much faith into one person

We had a thread in here that was basically nothing but clowning Cleveland fans, and believe me they have come off looking real stupid. You're right, you can't put all the blame on Lebron for that, but he did he did play along with all that and bask in it. He fed the animals so to speak.
    FRESHMAN wrote: »
    Man you need to come back to earth with that. I mean, all that you said, yeah people don't like how Bron get down. Confident ? like him and Mayweather come off like ? cause they know and say how good they really are. Either you want them to be humble and act like they ain't ? or to be real. I like it real, my ? . And really, you better believe that they hate us that don't bow down, cause that ? is just soaking into business. If they can't use you, you doin something wrong. Bron has been the same way, saying the same ? since he came into the NBA, he was never a humble dude. Hell, if it was me, I'd had Heat apparrel on after the DECISION. U know why??? Cause I work for the Heat now, they can make money on the games I visit there. And for the record, I don't think it's just white people, we crucify our own people because there is supposed to be this "acceptable" way to behave when in reality this bias against the pure white athlete vs. the aggressive black athlete fuels all of this. T.O. and Chad Ocho shouldn't even be on that ? list, cuz all they do is real talk! Folk were ? TO, but hey, look at the Cowboys now. ? with the real ? , that's all I'm sayin or turn ya tv down when it come on. 100.

I can't agree with anything you just said. You don't have to want someone to be cocky or humble. Like I said, Jordan was alway a cocky ? and people loved him. In boxing, I was a big Roy Jones fan and he was arrogant, yet I can't stand Mayweather. It's not as cut and dry as someone being arrogant or humble. It's about the actions that they make.

Also, Lebron wasn't always like he is now. He was a lot more humble before. As Cleveland started to get better and better, his head got bigger and bigger. Even then, those Cleveland fans still loved him, white, black, yellow, and blue. That doesn't support what you were saying. These people don't hate him because he's an ? . They hate him because he basically told them to "? off" after they damn near worshipped him.

And you can't be serious about T.O. Of course T.O. is going to be hated. He's been more than arrogant. He's be a team destroying ? . Some people like him, and that's cool, but nobody should be able to deny that T.O. has caused rifts on teams and been a generally bad teammate. He himself doesn't even deny that. He admits it. That's why he's on the list because he hasn't been likable. He's a beast on the field, but off that field he's done some things that would rightfully make people dislike him.

Now I agree with you as far as Chad goes. He's buffoonish sometimes, but I don't know why anyone would put him on a list of hated athletes. He hasn't done anything to deserve that kind of reaction. However, that's not due to him being arrogant. Chad really isn't all that arrogant. He's pretty down to earth when he talks. He gets a lot of hate because the media scapegoated him for the Bengals' woes and everyone sold him out including his black coach.