You're starting an NBA team: Shaq or Hakeem?

2»

Comments

• ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I'd take Shaq, no question.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Shaq...That ? is the reason for zone defenses in the NBA

There you have it...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Pippen easy...dude was like 9 or 10 time all defense.

As for the thread...Hakeem easy...he made shaq look like a str8 ? in the finals...with Penny in his prime...

Imagine Hakeem gets drafted that year to Magic instead of shaq and vice versa...he prolly woulda won with Penny, then say he went to La. Him and Kobe would have won many championships...with no ego clashing, no free throw issues...less foul trouble issues...

Close thread.
    Go watch some old school Portland Blazers of Clyde in action and get back to me with your answer....ppl put Pippen on a pedestal cause he played with MJ.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Go watch some old school Portland Blazers of Clyde in action and get back to me with your answer....ppl put Pippen on a pedestal cause he played with MJ.

Yep in 92' Clyde was thee ? . If I can remember, I think the NBA announcers said he was the best guard that year. Thats until he ran across Michael Jordan in the playoffs
  • mobilefreepimpp
    mobilefreepimpp Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited February 2010

I don't need to and watch some old school blazers...cuz I watched it when old school was actually happening. Clyde was clearly a better scorer...but I'll take pippen over him...better rebounder, shot blocker...stealer and overall defender. And his ppg was only a lil bit less than clydes. I ain't putting pippen on a pedestal cuz I hate the ? bulls and aside from his shoes I could give a ? about MJ. My soul was warm when my lakers destroyed his dreams of winning a chip without Jordan.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    what the hell are you talkin about?....the zone isn't really meant to stop the post game.....more so ? .....

It allows players to defend spots instead of going man to man, no one player could guard Shaq one on one and if players were to cheat over like they do now they would get called for illegal defense. By allowing zone defense you can now guard spots instead of waiting until Shaq had the ball and made a move to go and double. If there was no zoning areas Shaq would easily outmuscle who ever was defending him to get deep position and just catch and dunk. This is also why they added the three second rule.

Its true it is used to stop ? but this is a guards league, I doubt they would want to change that.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Why you say that?

gee757 wrote: »
    of course hakeem is only 10yrz older than shaq so @ that time da dream would not du shaq ? then..,,,

u got wat i said twist'd yeah shaq was a force but hakeem made him look stupid n da championship & thatz a fact az u c even shaq knowz he got burn'd...,,lol

2000-2003 Shaq was a different kind of animal I dont think the Dream even it he was a few years younger would be able to change that.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    It allows players to defend spots instead of going man to man, no one player could guard Shaq one on one and if players were to cheat over like they do now they would get called for illegal defense. By allowing zone defense you can now guard spots instead of waiting until Shaq had the ball and made a move to go and double. If there was no zoning areas Shaq would easily outmuscle who ever was defending him to get deep position and just catch and dunk. This is also why they added the three second rule.

Its true it is used to stop ? but this is a guards league, I doubt they would want to change that.

3 second rule was made to keep UK from setting rough picks in the lane back in the 1930s, when the paint was 6 feet wide