MATH 151 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
    STAT 200 Introduction to Statistics
    ECON 105 Principles of Macroeconomics
    ECON 106 Principles of Microeconomics
    ITEC 100 Introduction to Information Technology
    ACTG 211 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
    ACTG 212 Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
    BLAW 203 Legal Environment of Business

Yo these the classes you gotta pass wit a 2.0 just to get to the business part? The ?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MATH 126 Business Calculus or

Yo these the classes you gotta pass wit a 2.0 just to get to the business part? The ?

I'd probably take business Calculus over the one with Geometry I hate Geometry, stats is whatever, I'm an econ major so macro n micro was easy for me...info tech was easy for me we had lecture and lab I also skipped lecture and just went to lab... accountings a necessary evil...and business law I had a really easy teacher but not a hard class...Sion correct me if I'm wrong but both those math classes have pre reqs right? I ended up finding a loophole to bypass the pre reqs at my school if you can do that, it will save from having to take college Algebra unless you think you need it for calculus
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MATH 126 Business Calculus or

Yup had to take all of those classes except for business calculus. The accounting and business law are the toughest IMO, especially business law. ? that class. I aint trying to be a damn lawyer. If you want to be successful in the business school you need to be good in group projects you will have A LOT of them, like every semester/quarter. Overall if you like business then you should be OK.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    WOOOWWWW LMAO @ managerial accounting

yo stats is easy as ? (most ppl take it to keep their GPAs looking good), macroeconomics & microeconomics are prolly the easiest courses on there (all their about is how the economy works as a whole & micro is the same but looks more specifically at individual factors by using graphs and charts), Introduction to Information Technology is boring as hell & u have to pay attention smh (if u pay attention its a breeze too), intro to financial accounting is the 2nd easiest after macro/micro (u could actually use my advice on how to read stocks thread b/c all it is is ratios & judging to see if something is making or losing money by reading financial statements - the class is more important than u know & will help u in the future), managerial accounting is hard, calculus is a ? & legal environment of business is easy too but ? boring (i did a class similar to it and it was mostly about the political area of business).

outside of that if u just need a 2.0 in those classes then u should be fine. after ur done with those courses things should be a bit easier on you.

Good luck bruh ur on the right track & are destined to do well.

C/S but that law class at my school was taught like it was for some law degree SMH.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yo my lil sister just destroyed my self esteem and damn near ethered me

She was basically implyin I aint smart enough to do this and that to get your Masters(after the bba obviously) you have to take a test and its super hard

She still think I have the same reckless ignorant attitude from when I was younger but I told her Im Focused everybody doubtin me,now I gotta pull a jordan and make em pay

I need killap,sion or bigb86 to tell me what are the easiest electives to take also if u can appreciate it
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AGAIN You stupid son of a ? I dont need a lawyer for a misdemeanor Assault,MISDEMEANOR U ? geek

And wtf are u talkin about? What are u sayin what the ? do this ramblin post got to do wit this thread? ? ?
    ahahahahahahaha!
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    the road may not be easy but it doesnt have to be hard either - dont let her discourage u fam. she aint u & u aint her. as for the test... lemme tell u something fam NOBODY is gonna make a test thats impossible to pass - remember school is still a business & they want u there more than they want u to leave. The test isnt impossible & since ull have years w/ experience from ur BA it wont be about anything u havent learned & if u happen to fail it no biggy cuz u can do it again until u pass.

As for the easiest electives hhmmm im not sure how the states work or whats the requirement for credits out there (in Canada u need 90 credits to graduate & if ur an honors student then 120 credits) & what u guys consider electives but im gonna assume its roughly the same soo id say:

Intro to Business (Administrative Studies)
    Intro to Macro & Microeconomics
    Intro to Accounting (the first year one NOT the second year one thats Managerial Accounting lol)
    Intro to The Global Economy (same thing as macro & micro economics but w/o the charts its basically intro to business/macro/micro rolled into one - class is easy as ? )

^^^
    are the easiest by far. Ask a guidance counsellor for more info on easy first year courses typically most of the first year courses except for a tiny few are easy. But be alert to sign up early as many students are gonna for those easy courses too.

Another thing to watch out for is the workload/schedule... personally i found that it wasnt really the work itself that was hard but getting use to the schedule & workload. If u have good discipline tho this shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck fam. I think since its the beginning ur a little worried cuz u havent tried but im tellin u fam college/university is maaaad overrated. once u get there u gonna love it.

Again good lookin out.I aint trippin about her she got a degree already thats why she was talkin to me like I'm a simpleton

I just applied to the University of the United States of america so we'll see in due time what the deal is

Its on,If I got any questions Imma keep hittin ya'll wit em
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Again good lookin out.I aint trippin about her she got a degree already thats why she was talkin to me like I'm a simpleton

I just applied to the University of the United States of america so we'll see in due time what the deal is

Its on,If I got any questions Imma keep hittin ya'll wit em
    ahahahhahahaha!

funniest poster this year
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Read what he said. He's trollin you ? and you droppin these big ass posts
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not trollin, the university of the united states was a joke from coming to america obviously the rest is dead serious
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I got the joke, he didn't. This is one of those halfway serious threads
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes you will most likely have to take the Gmat to get into the MBA program it is difficult but thats 3-4 yrs away you will acquire so much knowledge in that time you will do well on it as far as electives, take all the stupid ones only freshman can take at my school I think we had like intro to college, career planning, etc you have to take those before you have 30 credits its a good way to get your GPA off on the right track and they are designed for you to get A's. After that take some more ? jogging, walking, appreciation of music, etc...again easy A's. As far as business electives go I pretty much took all the economics classes my school offers because thats what Im good at...Maybe you should look into marketing classes personally I'd stay away from anything that has to do with Finance, Accounting, hell anything that you have to crunch numbers.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    billfagger filling out applications right now lol

Q: Why do you want to attend our college?

A: Im gona keep this strictly professional. I wana prove some clowns onthe internte wrong. RIP MJ you are the greatest

billfagger loses again