Nintendogs blamed for attack on child

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in IllGaming
Popular puppy sim Nintendogs has been blamed for an attack on a child by her family dog.

Nine year-old Megan Walker was playing the game when the dog, a bull mastiff named Saracen, dragged her off the couch. He then bit her face and ripped off her top lip.

According to the Daily Mail, the sound of in-game puppies barking set the dog off. Walker was taken to hospital and surgeons were able to re-attach her lip.

"I think this game should carry some kind of warning," said her grandmother, Jean Taylor.

"People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her."

Inspector Phil Spurgeon said, "This was a really nasty incident but one which falls outside of the law. The dog in question was not a banned breed and the incident happened in a private address, not in public.

"The owner signed the dog over for destruction and it has now been put down by a vet."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-29-nintendogs-blamed-for-attack-on-child

Comments

• joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    What's going to happen when Kinectimals and Eyepet drop? Gonna be attacked by tigers and ....................... eyepets?

efc5e5e8.jpg
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Dogs suck.

Hell yeah, I don't ? with them either. Them ? can just turn on you for no reason because they are genetically defective............like women, but I ? with women.

A dog can get aggressive just at the sight of its own shadow; going crazy and ? .

? a dog.
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    So they blame the game. Not the fact that the dog is a ? Bullmastiff.

? ? . I hope they burn in hell.

Same kind of people that would go to the zoo, jump the barrier and stick their hand in the cage, and when they get attacked..........sue the zoo, because its the zoo's fault.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Responsible parents right there.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i can actually see this happening and i hope they sue nintendo and get hella gwap......
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i can actually see this happening and i hope they sue nintendo and get hella gwap......

How is it Nintendo fault
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited September 2010
    How is it Nintendo fault

they should ahve known that the simulated dog sounds could trigger a real dog to become upset and irritable everyone knows that ? come on now.....they should ahve had some type of warning for that towards the real dogs....they are about to get sued for this...
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited September 2010
    so lets not worry about the parents not knowing that a bullmastiff is a not a safe dog to have around children.

ok i can give u that to certain tee they are known to be dangerous dogs however in this situation this could have happend with any breed of daogga rather it been a poodle or a pug.....somedogs get upset when they hear other dogs or strang noises and yes the parents should have been aware when buying the game as well all in all at the end of the day a dog is a dog they all have teeth and none of them can speak humane so you cant really say the fact that it is becuase it was a bull mastiff
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    they should ahve known that the simulated dog sounds could trigger a real dog to become upset and irritable everyone knows that ? come on now.....they should ahve had some type of warning for that towards the real dogs....they are about to get sued for this...

Same thing could have happened they left the TV on and whatever was showing had dogs barking, don't you think?
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited September 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Same thing could have happened they left the TV on and whatever was showing had dogs barking, don't you think?

true but for the simple fact tjat nintendo is a big company and most games do put warning labels..nintendo should have put this on their this game has constant barking howling and so forth on it...nowadays ppl are sueing for everything....they are gonna get sued watch
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    true but for the simple fact tjat nintendo is a big company and most games do put warning labels..nintendo should have put this on their this game has constant barking howling and so forth on it...nowadays ppl are sueing for everything....they are gonna get sued watch

How old is the child? The child obviously didn't go and buy the game him/herself. The parents should have taken the time to read the instructions and see what the game was about before just giving it to the child to play by themself. Also, it's your dog and only you would know what would trigger violent behaviour in the dog.

The highlighted is a real sad thng - people neglect their own responsiblities and try to pass the blame on others to cash in on every opportunity.
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    Here's another article. Seems like some info was left out of the first one:

Nintendogs Blamed for Child Mauling
    Daily Mail links animal attack to Nintendo's innocuous pet sim.

British tabloid the Daily Mail has highlighted the dangers of Nintendo's pet sim Nintendogs, following an animal attack on a 9-year-old girl.

Megan Walker was mauled by Saracen, a bull mastiff, while playing the game at a friend's house. The dog dragged Megan from the sofa and sank its teeth into the girl's face, removing her lip.

The Daily Mail attributes the attack to the sounds of barking emanating from Megan's DS "game station" during a bout of Nintendogs.

The girl's grandmother, Jean Taylor, told the paper, "I think this game should carry some kind of warning. People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her."

The Daily Mail concludes that the friend's mother was unavailable for comment, but "it is understood that she told police that Megan may have kicked Saracen and that is why he attacked her".

Doctors managed to re-attach Megan's lip following the attack and the dog was later destroyed.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124183p1.html
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Stupid motha fuckas in this world.I feel bad for that child. Her parents are irresponsible and dumb as ? . What if a tv show set their dog off? What if a dog outside set their dog off? Who would they sue then? Dumb ? .

Frivolous litigation
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    next tiem ? the cracka