Dmn So President Obama Can't Like Rap?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't think you give the youth enough credit, they know what the other options are on the republican party (war mongers and tax cut to the wealthy, not to mention outdated mentality when it comes to ? rights, civil rights,etc). You also have to factor in the latino vote, don't think for one second they aren't paying attention to the Arizona immigration issue, and how the republican party is pushing for it.

lol funny you mention that because I am one of those young voters and I am also latino. Im just sayin, I felt more excitement for Obama at first then I do now, all the young people I ask if they are gonna vote again most say, "probably not, Obama just like the rest of them." I will vote against the Republicans all day unless one decides they wanna make marijuana an issue, until then they can kiss my ass cuz they dont have my interests at heart. I dont believe in the Democrats either but what can you do? I know Im not votin for no ? Sarah Palin, thats for sure. He just needs to throw a bone to the young people that voted for him and not worry about the politics of it. The young vote is why he won the election in the first place. By the way, just to keep it 100 about ? ; alot of latinos dont like Obama simply for the fact he is black. Alot of us are just as racist as white folks. Just keepin it trill one time.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol funny you mention that because I am one of those young voters and I am also latino. Im just sayin, I felt more excitement for Obama at first then I do now, all the young people I ask if they are gonna vote again most say, "probably not, Obama just like the rest of them." I will vote against the Republicans all day unless one decides they wanna make marijuana an issue, until then they can kiss my ass cuz they dont have my interests at heart. I dont believe in the Democrats either but what can you do? I know Im not votin for no ? Sarah Palin, thats for sure. He just needs to throw a bone to the young people that voted for him and not worry about the politics of it. The young vote is why he won the election in the first place.

Sounds to me the people you talk to are uninform, if you think he was gonna fix all the ? ups from the last 8 years then you don't understand politics. That's why it's important for a president to get two terms, because it generally take a while for the policies that are implemented to go into affect. Obama has to essentially change our foundation and the way the broken system operated, Wall Street was broke, the education system is broke, health care is broke, etc, this ? aint no normal issues and you got to give the man time. Bush sat on his monkey ass 8 years in office and all he did was start two wars and use scare tactics against the American people.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Sounds to me the people you talk to are uninform, if you think he was gonna fix all the ? ups from the last 8 years then you don't understand politics. That's why it's important for a president to get two terms, because it generally take a while for the policies that are implemented to go into affect. Obama has to essentially change our foundation and the way the broken system operated, Wall Street was broke, the education system is broke, health care is broke, etc, this ? aint no normal issues and you got to give the man time. Bush sat on his monkey ass 8 years in office and all he did was start two wars and use scare tactics against the American people.

Dog, I agree whole heartedly. No arguments about your main point here but yes alot of the people I talk to are uninformed or misinformed. Id say the average person is either one of the two. I understand whats goin on and I agree that if Bush can get 8, why cant Obama? Everything Obama has been tryint to do is unfuck what Bush ? up (except the Patriot Act), I understand that but most people dont is what Im tryin to say.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    whats wrong with obeezy liking weezy? fa real though. if a high school drop out can listen to nas, why can't an educated man listen to lil wayne?
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    man pres.obama can like the the white stripes, and fox news will spin it into sumthin negative. it doesn't matter. it's fox news!!! that's like goin to the national inquirer for ur dose of current news.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why do you even pay attention to Faux News?

they're not even a real news station IMO....it's just entertainment for bigots and ppl that don't know how politics and govt. really works....
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not saying Obama has to like DMX and other street raps but saying "Kanye, Jay-Z" etc is too safe.

It's like Oprah when she said she listens to Jay-Z and Kanye.

"Safe rappers" = Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem etc.

Doubt he actually listens to Hip-Hop like that.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I felt more excitement for Obama at first then I do now, all the young people I ask if they are gonna vote again most say, "probably not, Obama just like the rest of them."

Didn't vote but of course. Black people look at everything like a hit record. When its the cool thing to do, black people be on it extra hard. After that they say "he/she/it fell off" and stops riding the bandwagon.

Wheter its music, politics or whatever.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? fox news. i only ? with fox on sundays...nfl and family guy
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying...lol them ? even had the nerve to call Nas a "Gangsta" rapper LMAO (no shots @ Nas but still).

any rapper that curses is considered gangsta rap to white people
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Here is an interesting Op-Ed by Thomas Chatterton Williams that appeared in today's Wall Street Journal:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703859204575526401852413266.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying...lol them ? even had the nerve to call Nas a "Gangsta" rapper LMAO (no shots @ Nas but still).

Lol nas lost..
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fox News are the same ones that referred to Chris Brown as a "rapper" when the whole Rhianna story broke.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Theres a little something you dont know about .. Allreasonedout........