Why The Hate For Blueprint 3?

Options
Treeze
Treeze Banned Users Posts: 12
edited February 2010 in The Reason
im no fan of jayz at all, but damn this album is hot. the posters on this site must never leave the house cuz they always constantly hating on it. it took me time to get used to it, but it grew on me over time. definitely the best album of 09. too many dope tracks on here. already home, a star is born, run this town, doa, thank you, empire state of mind and many more. jay is lyrically on fire throughout the whole ? , all the guests do their job and the beats are classic.

how can you not like this album?

Comments

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    aint better than BP1
  • illmaticChick
    illmaticChick Members Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like it but I don't think it's a classic like some of his other stuff. I thought it'd be better.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3= Vol 2

It's not whack, it's just popular and you know how these elitist are when ? doesn't fit in their little boxes.
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3 suffers from three main flaws: weak production, horrid hooks, & inconsistency. The three tracks produced by Timbaland are largely forgettable: Reminder is plagued by an atrocious hook; Venus Vs Mars is undercut by another horrific hook (Shawty get it in, daddy go hard); and Off That features an unremarkable beat with Drake limited to a useless chant, making for a decidedly disappointing experience. Similarly, Hate is marred by almost the exact same problems - an abysmal hook, a mediocre beat & a guest verse from Kanye that is so comprehensively awful it ruins the entire song: "I am never sprung but I Springer, Jerry"..... while the chorus in What We Talking Bout sounds worse than nails scraping a chalkboard and On To The Next One employs an overbearing vocal loop which becomes uncomfortable within 60 seconds.

If there's one track that encapsulates this mediocrity of this album, it would be the closer, Young Forever. A saccharine, derivative rehash of "Forever Young" by Alphavile, the track rides Hudson’s flat, lifeless crooning for a full minute, before Jay flows awkwardly over the beat... forcing, stretching & speeding up words to make them fit the bars, then ending it all too abruptly with a weak final verse. Altogether, while the first 7 or 8 eight tracks of BP3 are decent and Jay brings it lyrically on a few joints, the quality in the second half of the album goes downhill, preventing it from being anywhere near the epochal masterpiece it was supposed to be.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BP3= Vol 2

It's not whack, it's just popular and you know how these elitist are when ? doesn't fit in their little boxes.

Exactly, plus it seems like their education level is low as well.

Getwitcha
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NevaChange wrote: »
    BP3 suffers from three main flaws: weak production, horrid hooks, & inconsistency. The three tracks produced by Timbaland are largely forgettable: Reminder is plagued by an atrocious hook; Venus Vs Mars is undercut by another horrific hook (Shawty get it in, daddy go hard); and Off That features an unremarkable beat with Drake limited to a useless chant, making for a decidedly disappointing experience. Similarly, Hate is marred by almost the exact same problems - an abysmal hook, a mediocre beat & a guest verse from Kanye that is so comprehensively awful it ruins the entire song: "I am never sprung but I Springer, Jerry"..... while the chorus in What We Talking Bout sounds worse than nails scraping a chalkboard and On To The Next One employs an overbearing vocal loop which becomes uncomfortable within 60 seconds.

If there's one track that encapsulates this mediocrity of this album, it would be the closer, Young Forever. A saccharine, derivative rehash of "Forever Young" by Alphavile, the track rides Hudson’s flat, lifeless crooning for a full minute, before Jay flows awkwardly over the beat... forcing, stretching & speeding up words to make them fit the bars, then ending it all too abruptly with a weak final verse. Altogether, while the first 7 or 8 eight tracks of BP3 are decent and Jay brings it lyrically on a few joints, the quality in the second half of the album goes downhill, preventing it from being anywhere near the epochal masterpiece it was supposed to be.

You basically summed it up right there though I reckon you're a bit generous with the seven or eight tracks being decent comment. The album was weak, simple as. Worse then Kingdom Come and I really didn't think Jay could've got lower than that
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You basically summed it up right there though I reckon you're a bit generous with the seven or eight tracks being decent comment. The album was weak, simple as. Worse then Kingdom Come and I really didn't think Jay could've got lower than that

Worse than Kingdom Come? Naw, but to each his own.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3 was fire but i cant lie if you listen to it too much it gets boring
    Haters was one of the best songs and Real as It Gets
    So Ambitious was another classic track but its no BP1 or BP2
    Kinda like Wayne's Tha Carter and Carter 2 were better than C3
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not Jay-Z best album, but far from wack. People just hate on the BP3 because they cant understand how he is still at least a top 3 rapper in the game at this age. They want this dude to fall of so bad and he just keeps making hits. Its not some much hate for the BP3 its hate for Jay-Z and his success. If the original Blueprint was released in 09 people will still hate because its JAY-Z. At this point people are just tired of him running the game when their favorite rapper will never be on that level.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Not Jay-Z best album, but far from wack. People just hate on the BP3 because they cant understand how he is still at least a top 3 rapper in the game at this age. They want this dude to fall of so bad and he just keeps making hits. Its not some much hate for the BP3 its hate for Jay-Z and his success. If the original Blueprint was released in 09 people will still hate because its JAY-Z. At this point people are just tired of him running the game when their favorite rapper will never be on that level.

truest ? posted today
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

Pretty much sums it up.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

co sign! this is completely accurate. LMAO at hudson flat lifeless crooning. wow great review
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Kanye was great on that song
    ? is haters in 2010 still
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This album left me wanting more and not in a good way. I stopped listening to it about 2 weeks after it came out.maybe 4 or 5 songs i actually liked and the others were eh.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3 was a nice album. Not his best work but better than kingdom come
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thank you is the only decent song on the album. that was the american gangster jay z crossing over into bp3. all of that other ? was weak to hot garbage.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BP3= Vol 2

No its not thats..................? was Expecting somehting else from Jay, Now me personallly, i must admit at first I really wasnt to crazy about it, I didnt hate it but i Was expectin it to be crazy, esp after AG was the ? that it was............But the album was SOLID, nice beats, nice Concepts, nice lryics...........HE dID WAt he was trynna do with kingdom come, become a Jayz 4 everybody not jsut the "hood".............but i thought thats wats made the albums Flawed, it was just solidnothing spectacular or ground breaking, just Solid. Many Jayz fans come to expect a certian Standard of music from Jay, it jsut didnt catch alot of other longtime Jay Fans like that.....................the other reason is, u have an unreasonable am,onut of jay haters, people who think jay is apart of a Clandestine Global Conspiracy to take over the World and other sillyness.............Anybody WHo says the albums trash is trippin, it just wasnt wat people expected it to be
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I remember hearing about how garbage that album was, then I finally heard it for myself and it is nowhere near as bad as they were saying. It was a solid album, the only true wack songs on that album was Hater and Reminder.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I remember hearing about how garbage that album was, then I finally heard it for myself and it is nowhere near as bad as they were saying. It was a solid album, the only true wack songs on that album was Hater and Reminder.

you gotta quit saying Haters was wck
    It wasnt
    It went hard just had that 808s sound to it
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

yea..........People hate dude for no particaulr reason
  • coop1974a
    coop1974a Members Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    truest ? posted today

Post of the day.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i didnt like it oh well
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Whatever hate BP3 received last year was well deserved because that album was trash!
    I wasn't expecting some earth shattering, change the face hip hop type ? , but I sure as hell was expecting some trendy, futuristic, throw your glow sticks in the air type ? either. Everything on that album sucked. Easily forgettable lyrics, weak ass production, horrible hooks, BP3 is without a shadow of a doubt Jay's wackest album to date. Kingdom Come >>>> BP3. You know your ? is garbage when a track with Swizz Beatz is one of the best songs off your album. LMAO!
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited February 2010
    Options

Just like that disaster Kingdom Come, I thought BP3 fell short of the mark, too. No hate, I just didn't think the album was good enough. I ? with Jigga's old ? , but this album has some of the worst hooks I've heard in a long, long time. Even on a few of its stronger tracks (like What We Talkin About), the song starts off well, and then a ? -awful comes in to spoil things. If I could get past the hooks on this ? , I'd probably rate it 3/5. As a whole, though, the album is just very mediocre, to me - not great, not a classic... just plain average.

tompetrez3 wrote: »
    co sign! this is completely accurate. LMAO at hudson flat lifeless crooning. wow great review

The song ? depresses me. Some fans enjoy it, but in my opinion.. the lyrics seem forced, the flow sounds sloppy, the hook is corny as ? , and on top of that... he tries to kick some rasta flow ? about half-way through. I hate the track with every cell in my body.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Whatever hate BP3 received last year was well deserved because that album was trash!
    I wasn't expecting some earth shattering, change the face hip hop type ? , but I sure as hell was expecting some trendy, futuristic, throw your glow sticks in the air type ? either. Everything on that album sucked. Easily forgettable lyrics, weak ass production, horrible hooks, BP3 is without a shadow of a doubt Jay's wackest album to date. Kingdom Come >>>> BP3. You know your ? is garbage when a track with Swizz Beatz is one of the best songs off your album. LMAO!

as if Swizz dont make good beats
    Run this Town-Hit
    Haters-Hit
    Real As it Gets-Hit
    Empire State of Mind-Megahit
    DOA-Hit and much needed
    So Ambitious-Hit
    the other tracks were alright but it wasnt trash and it was better than Kingdom COme