why paul heymans tna deal fell thru

TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
24wrestling.com

It was announced on Friday that Paul Heyman’s advertising and marketing company, Looking for Larry, will has signed a deal with EA Sports to promote the new EA Sports MMA game. In an interview with MMAFighting.com to promote the game, Paul Heyman revealed exactly what happened with his TNA negotiations, why the fell apart and why it’s highly unlikely he’ll ever work with the company:

“It came real close with TNA. To me, it was more of a deal with Spike TV and then a stock and ownership deal involving TNA. I had a five-year plan. I was going to spend 18 months building the roster, the next 18 months exploiting that built roster, that’s three years in, go public in three, stay for two more running it and get out at 50 [years old]. That was my plan. I had an exit plan. I had a five-year plan and I clued everyone into it. I told TNA what my plan was and I told Spike TV what my plan was and how we would capitilaze on it and how we would make this thing move and an acknowledgement that wrestling is a diminishing market and it’s not perceived as cool and here’s how you, if not change course, at least present it differently so that at least you have a chance in today’s marketplace to at least compete.

“When that didn’t happen, that was it. I didn’t have any other interest in doing it. It was close. I would have done it for that particular deal and that’s it. That time passed. Now I’m looking at taking my abilities elsewhere and the logical step for me is this entry point right now both into MMA and into also just the branding world.”

Heyman will be accompanying Brock Lesnar to the cage for Lesnar’s October 23rd UFC Heavyweight championship bout against Cain Velasquez and is currently working on Lesnar’s official autobiography.

at least paul thought of the future............

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    damn tna ? up..paul coulda did some helpful things...
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    the truth of the matter is, nobody in tna has a clue.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i read someplace that Heyman wanted 10 milli, stock, and partial ownership of TNA to join

As ? up as 10 milli may sound, it would have a big payoff in the end. Hell, it would have balanced out with the idea that Heyman had of getting rid of the high paid, old nothings on the roster. Cut them, give him the money they were collectively getting paid and you will have new superstars and a great wrestling show when he's all said and done. TNA didn't understand his methodology; they probably got stuck on his asking price and everything else was a foreign language, like the adults speaking on Charlie Brown and they kept hearing 10 million echoing through their heads.

TNA lawse
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i read someplace that Heyman wanted 10 milli, stock, and partial ownership of TNA to join

As ? up as 10 milli may sound, it would have a big payoff in the end. Hell, it would have balanced out with the idea that Heyman had of getting rid of the high paid, old nothings on the roster. Cut them, give him the money they were collectively getting paid and you will have new superstars and a great wrestling show when he's all said and done. TNA didn't understand his methodology; they probably got stuck on his asking price and everything else was a foreign language, like the adults speaking on Charlie Brown and they kept hearing 10 million echoing through their heads.

TNA lawse

trill talk
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    24wrestling.com

Heyman will be accompanying Brock Lesnar to the cage for Lesnar’s October 23rd UFC Heavyweight championship bout against Cain Velasquez.....

He better not do this.. This is going to ? me off if he does. Bad enough the camara pans to has beens in the audience like the rock and stone cold when lesnar fights. Now there's one accompanying him to the octagon? Lesnar was doing good with distancing himself from pro wrestling like dawayne johnson, now he's going to do this? If he does, i hope Cain pounds him out.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    He better not do this.. This is going to ? me off if he does. Bad enough the camara pans to has beens in the audience like the rock and stone cold when lesnar fights. Now there's one accompanying him to the octagon? Lesnar was doing good with distancing himself from pro wrestling like dawayne johnson, now he's going to do this? If he does, i hope Cain pounds him out.

He's been in Brock's "corner" for his last couple fights and while he was out sick. Just because he's walking to the cage with him makes no difference if he's been a part of Brock's life since entering pro wrestling, which has been for years.
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    the truth of the matter is, nobody in tna has a clue.

cosign.........