No dollars to buy a meal, no cents to eat
I clench my piece as I walk by, tension seeps
Seams break as I approach, I sense release
? then squeeze and then I dispose with ease
Silence leaves as sirens scream
Turn and run as I spy police
I die in peace before I subside my knees
This world made me, why should I pay these fees
Why should I pay the price for a tainted life?
Broken picture, give me the brush so I can paint it right
Shine the light here, expose the flaws
Close the closet, my skeletons hide in drawers
Skeletons of all my past lives, I never got it perfect
Tried to be ? 's angel but always end up as the devil's serpent.

Throw some feedback on this ? ...

Links:
http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?55368-Satan-s-Death-Angels
http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?52991-It-Goes-without-SAYING!!-MURDER-M-Is-BIZZACK!-DEFCON-3

Comments

• Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u have some real good lyics deep but not all out too deep with a bunch of metaphores like most rappers try to do these days...i didnt get lost or confused at onces..i actualy was able to visualize a young man in the streets with a look of "why" on his face WHILE reading this...a real smooth poetic floe is always nice and a real good calm down from all the crazy hipt hopity stuff...keep up the good work ;)
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u have some real good lyics deep but not all out too deep with a bunch of metaphores like most rappers try to do these days...i didnt get lost or confused at onces..i actualy was able to visualize a young man in the streets with a look of "why" on his face WHILE reading this...a real smooth poetic floe is always nice and a real good calm down from all the crazy hipt hopity stuff...keep up the good work ;)

Thanks for the feedback. That's generally what I aim for in my pieces... I like to be a bit ambiguous at times but not too over the top that people have no idea what I'm trying to say.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no prob! now u can give me some feedback on my track i have in this topic im under the audio part u should be able to find it it says my first mix...
    Legend24 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. That's generally what I aim for in my pieces... I like to be a bit ambiguous at times but not too over the top that people have no idea what I'm trying to say.
  • Sharoyceantwan
    Sharoyceantwan Members Posts: 48
    edited August 2010
    Options

this needs to be recorded pronto!
  • Legend24
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad this piece didn't get slept on too hard.

If I can get to my mic this weekend then I'll record it over a generic beat or something so you can hear what it sounds like.
  • amanante
    amanante Members Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Glad to see someone writing like this. Beautiful.

"Skeletons of all my past lives, I never got it perfect
    Tried to be ? 's angel but always end up as the devil's serpent."

this line i liked most
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I ? with that my dude... You got some good lyrics bruh, the last 6 lines for me was the best part
  • Deeluxe
    Deeluxe Members Posts: 12
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yo new to the forums, checking out what other people are up to. This is nice though i find it hard to know what the cadence is, but thats the difference between a writer and a reader. you wrote how you would spit it, i would love to hear it on wax. Did you write to a beat or is this just from your head?
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Deeluxe wrote: »
    Yo new to the forums, checking out what other people are up to. This is nice though i find it hard to know what the cadence is, but thats the difference between a writer and a reader. you wrote how you would spit it, i would love to hear it on wax. Did you write to a beat or is this just from your head?

I did write it to a beat.

It's not the easiest flow to pick up just by reading but it works in my head, although I would tweak it a bit if I were to record it.
  • mkp123
    mkp123 Members Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think Legend24 has got all the qualities to be a great poet. Just look at the lyrics. They are simply awesome. It reminds me that I have got to be really careful in my life if I want to survive. The world is full of pitfalls and temptations. As human beings we should stay away from these temptations if we are to succeed in life. ? has given us the power to do that. I would advice Legend24 to dwell into serious writing. I am sure that he will succeed.
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    mkp123 wrote: »
    I think Legend24 has got all the qualities to be a great poet. Just look at the lyrics. They are simply awesome. It reminds me that I have got to be really careful in my life if I want to survive. The world is full of pitfalls and temptations. As human beings we should stay away from these temptations if we are to succeed in life. ? has given us the power to do that. I would advice Legend24 to dwell into serious writing. I am sure that he will succeed.

Thanks for the props.

I don't try to make any money off it but I still take my music/writing very seriously.
  • Gnominal
    Gnominal Members Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I like this a lot, it's like aquafina said it's deep enough that it feels deep but not too deep that i don't know what you're trying to say, you walk the line perfectly. the flow is generally good, a couple places it feels a little awkward or forced... in particular the second line feels a little long and "required" feels weird, i would just say "takes concentration." last two lines i really really like what you're saying but last line seems a little long, i would just take out the always and it'd be good. but i didn't write this, i don't really know how it flows and whatnot, it's your ? do what you want, it's great as it is you know what you're doing. i could see this as a song

edit: i really like this sequence a lot:
    No parents growing up, no sense of streets
    No dollars to buy a meal, no cents to eat
    I clench my piece as I walk by, tension seeps
    Seams break as I approach, I sense release
    Turn and run as I spy police
    I die in peace before I subside my knees

rhyme scheme is sick there. before that though it's not as complex as i would like, usually just one syllable... but that's fine, you're telling a story i dig it
  • OGMoneyFOE
    OGMoneyFOE Members Posts: 21
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I see you brah. I like where U were tryin' to go with this. The flow was there and ur line "? stumbling and crooked walks in the un-illumined skies
    Might as well be seeing this world with unopened eyes" I can vibe. Keep it up.
  • Legend24
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Haven't been around here much lately. I'ma be dropping some new stuff soon when I get a minute.