Sooo apparently pro wrestling is "? "

starvin
starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
Ever had that person say " oh you watch pro wrestling that's sooo ? ." That classic saying despite the fact that they're not exactly trying to ? each other on camera... pause. Well there was that time with michael cole an heidenriech ....anywhooo what's your view on people that say this.

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    People say that because they're just closed minded and want and excuse to hate it. I bet probably over 90% of the people who say that have never even watch a full show or even 1 full match for that matter. MMA guys wear less and spend more time on top of each other then Pro wrestlers do, but nobody says MMA is ? . And when wrestling haters are not saying it's ? , they say that they don't like it because it's "fake" but then they turn right around and watch movies or read comic books.

It's kinda like how some people say that they hate Rap, but if you where to asked them to name 5 rappers they probably wouldn't be able to do it. Some people are just too close mended and uptight to allow themselves to even have the chance to enjoy anything new.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    sobek wrote: »
    People say that because their just closed minded and want and excuse to hate it. I bet probably over 90% of the people who say that have never even watch a full show or even 1 full match for that matter. MMA guys wear less and spend more time on top of each other then Pro wrestlers do, but nobody says MMA is ? . And when wrestling haters are not saying it's ? , they say that they don't like it because it's "fake" but then they turn right around and watch movies or read comic books.

It's kinda like how some people say that they hate Rap, but if you where to asked them to name 5 rappers they probably wouldn't be able to do it. Some people are just too close mended and uptight to allow themselves to even have the chance to enjoy anything new.

Exactly. Whenever people use the "its fake" excuse, I usually reply with "so is a movie."
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i would say "real" wrestling is more suspect than pro wrestling.
  • Zant
    Zant Members Posts: 51
    edited October 2010
    sobek wrote: »
    People say that because they're just closed minded and want and excuse to hate it. I bet probably over 90% of the people who say that have never even watch a full show or even 1 full match for that matter. MMA guys wear less and spend more time on top of each other then Pro wrestlers do, but nobody says MMA is ? . And when wrestling haters are not saying it's ? , they say that they don't like it because it's "fake" but then they turn right around and watch movies or read comic books.

Agreed. There's a strong bias against wrestling gets annoying sometimes.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i hate when people say that ? , its "? " but the people on wwe make alot of $$$ doing something "? ", and the ? is alot real than what most people think
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    "so is a movie."

lol cs. or just be like "oh, whats your favorite show?"

they say something like "24" and then you be like "uh, 24 isnt real either idiot"
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    How fake is it when these guys breaking collarbones and tearing hamstrings and getting concussions
  • eljay7i
    eljay7i Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Cuz some ppl are stupid.. I'm a WWE fan for life..