Fred Price and the Prosperity Gospel

Wade-O Radio
Wade-O Radio Members Posts: 8
edited February 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What's up ya'll? This is is my first post on these forums, but I've lurked around here before. Christianity, shady pastors, prosperity teachings, have all been hot button topics on here and so I thought I'd share a recent interview I conducted on my radio show. It's with Fred Price Jr., Sr Pastor of Crenshaw Christian Center in LA.

Here's a link: http://www.wadeoradio.com/interviews/400-full-interview-w-pastor-fred-price-jr

Hope you enjoy it. Please share your thoughts...good bad or indifferent.

Comments

• MERYLISBACK
    MERYLISBACK Banned Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    if u came here to " network" u will fail.
    as a "lurker' u should know the deal
    i would come with respect-but u lied
    lying is a sin.
    u seen Christianity, shady pastors, prosperity teachings here?
    #niceeeeeeeeeeee
    anywho-welcome.
    and p.s. Jesus ? with u (is that a sin??)
  • MERYLISBACK
    edited February 2010
    "What's up ya'll?" made me think of Family Guy
    "hes sitting informally like us. lets listen it'
    #random
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I have seen people post about that stuff here.

Here's a few links:
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?7752-Christians-Its-me-American-Loo-I-have-a-question&highlight=christianity
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?7047-Christians-Prayer-Question&highlight=christianity
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?626-? -Made-1-mistake-just-1&highlight=christianity

That said, I'm certainly not without sin and please call me out if you see me wildin. As far as Jesus, I wouldn't use that language lol...but he bangs with all of us if we want to bang with him and even when we don't want to sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome
  • MERYLISBACK
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I have seen people post about that stuff here.

Here's a few links:
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?7752-Christians-Its-me-American-Loo-I-have-a-question&highlight=christianity
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?7047-Christians-Prayer-Question&highlight=christianity
    http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?626-? -Made-1-mistake-just-1&highlight=christianity

That said, I'm certainly not without sin and please call me out if you see me wildin. As far as Jesus, I wouldn't use that language lol...but he bangs with all of us if we want to bang with him and even when we don't want to sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome
    i see u have reference threads #niceeeeee and u replied. interesting.
    u said bang-not ? / that was comical
    ALL SERIOUSNESS-where does it say that cursing is inappropriate?!
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Another preacher coming her to bring the spotlight on his insolent ? . I'll check the interview out thought.
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    I think you mis-understood me. I said I wouldn't use that language. Not saying you can't. That's your choice. I don't use it because it offends people unnecessarily at times. But that's me.
  • Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited February 2010
    @ Meryl
    Colossians 3:8;

@Wade-O
    Welcome Wade-O. Got that Pro mixtape. It's bangin'
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    Simma II wrote: »
    @ Meryl
    ;

@Wade-O

Yeah was just on the phone with that dude. Good dude right there. Can't wait to hear his new stuff
  • Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited February 2010
    Yup PSA sounds just like an album. The production was on point
  • MERYLISBACK
    edited February 2010
    Simma II wrote: »
    @ Meryl
    Colossians 3:8;

@Wade-O

u a bible humper?? cool and i will look it up when i get to church
    its bad luck to practice Christianity outside of church
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I'm confused.

If you tell me what your show is about, I'll listen to it. If you're questioning the prosperity gospel, I'll be interested. If you're promoting it, I really won't like it.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Maybe I am jumping the gun here, but I just at first glance took a look at the site and how it reads and from that I see, it's promoting the prosperity gospel. If I'm right, I would have to side with BOSS on this one (it might be for different reasons, though).
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    Clarity....I'm not promoting the prosperity gospel at all. But do consider many people who are WOF to be brothers, that just have different theology than I do. My interview with Fred Price is him discussing some of the issues he has had with people who think differently than he and how he has tried to reconcile with those folks.

The video you saw with John Piper is not promoting the prosperity gospel either. Piper is a very conservative preacher and has spoken about how he hates the prosperity gospel. The video you see on the front of my site is a video of him realizing that all of us to a certain extinct like prosperity. Not money, but doing well at what we do, being healthy etc. He still has concerns about that theology. But seems willing to discuss those differences with people.

Bottom-line...my main aim is to get these folks talking. They preach out the same Bible about the same Jesus, yet we got Christians who dislike one another for whatever reason, be it theology or otherwise. In my eyes, that's not Christ-like.
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    That's exactly christ like! Or religion like.
    smh @ people who argue over ? .
    Well that's what the "word" of the man-? will do. confuse the ? out it's own followers, cause each to dam each to hell. kudos to the man-? bible author(s).

Great point. That is religion like. Religion isn't what we should strive for. It's about a relationship. That's why the greatest commandments of our faith is to love ? and then love each other:

Matthew 22:36-40
    36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your ? with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Clarity....I'm not promoting the prosperity gospel at all. But do consider many people who are WOF to be brothers, that just have different theology than I do. My interview with Fred Price is him discussing some of the issues he has had with people who think differently than he and how he has tried to reconcile with those folks.

The video you saw with John Piper is not promoting the prosperity gospel either. Piper is a very conservative preacher and has spoken about how he hates the prosperity gospel. The video you see on the front of my site is a video of him realizing that all of us to a certain extinct like prosperity. Not money, but doing well at what we do, being healthy etc. He still has concerns about that theology. But seems willing to discuss those differences with people.

Bottom-line...my main aim is to get these folks talking. They preach out the same Bible about the same Jesus, yet we got Christians who dislike one another for whatever reason, be it theology or otherwise. In my eyes, that's not Christ-like.

Unfortunately, preachers are not preaching the same Jesus and some don't say his name at all in sermons. Sure, it shouldn't invite prejudices but the truth about Christ needs to be addressed. The whole Bible is centered on this man. His coming was talked about in the Old Testament; his life, death and resurrection in the New Testament for the forgiveness of sin. Even his disciples were at odds about who he was.

Maybe its good that you are trying to get people to talk about it, but I feel that if you have an issue with somebody, it should be between you and that person. Everybody else doesn't need to know of your personal grudges. Reading about Fred's former "beef" where he is citing names kinda cheapens things. Sure, I don't truly know the reason but it made me think that the issue was not resolved until he went on air with it.
  • Wade-O Radio
    edited February 2010
    alissowack wrote: »
    Unfortunately, preachers are not preaching the same Jesus and some don't say his name at all in sermons. Sure, it shouldn't invite prejudices but the truth about Christ needs to be addressed. The whole Bible is centered on this man. His coming was talked about in the Old Testament; his life, death and resurrection in the New Testament for the forgiveness of sin. Even his disciples were at odds about who he was.

Maybe its good that you are trying to get people to talk about it, but I feel that if you have an issue with somebody, it should be between you and that person. Everybody else doesn't need to know of your personal grudges. Reading about Fred's former "beef" where he is citing names kinda cheapens things. Sure, I don't truly know the reason but it made me think that the issue was not resolved until he went on air with it.

I don't have an issue with anyone. That's why I'm doing what I was doing. His sermon aired on the Word Network and was all on YouTube. He reached out to them privately, settled it, etc. But the mass public didn't know about that. So to them its still beef. And if they think they leaders are beefing, those who follow said leaders will beef.

No more importantly about preaching Jesus...I agree with everything you said. Which is why there needs to be discussion. If someone is not preaching Jesus, correct that brother in love so that he might repent and do what's right. Telling someone they are a heretic and going to hell will not create an environment in which your message is received by the other party.