Shady Music Industry Motivates Rapper to Release his Music Anonymously

Options
id33
id33 Members Posts: 2
edited October 2010 in The Essence
Still trying to figure out who this cat is:

Anonymous rapper X Parallel, who ditched his record company after two years without an official album release date, has finally released his first project. Taking on a new name and modifying his voice, X Parallel decided to conceal his identity to strike out on his own despite potential backlash from his label.

X Parallel says, “The label signed me then tried to convince me to adopt the same sound that my mainstream label mates had also been pushed into doing. But I’m a message-oriented artist…I don’t make party music. The label knew that when I first came to them.”

For two years, X Parallel was promised creative freedom and an album release date, which never materialized. Asking to be dropped from his contract yielded no results. Gripped by frustration, X Parallel concluded that the only way to release music was to do so anonymously, regardless of the possible risks associated with such decision.

X Parallel’s debut EP, “The Symbol” is now available on Itunes, Napster, and all other major online music sites.

Check out the new video and get more info at www.XParallel.com

Comments

• ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited October 2010
    Options
    listened to the track up on the site and i like it alot. Its kinda interesting seeing as most rappers get into the game to be famous
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it's not a bad track, but people should read the rules.

I've updated threadstarters post with a youtube video.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    id33 wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out who this cat is:

Anonymous rapper X Parallel, who ditched his record company after two years without an official album release date, has finally released his first project. Taking on a new name and modifying his voice, X Parallel decided to conceal his identity to strike out on his own despite potential backlash from his label.

X Parallel says, “The label signed me then tried to convince me to adopt the same sound that my mainstream label mates had also been pushed into doing. But I’m a message-oriented artist…I don’t make party music. The label knew that when I first came to them.”

For two years, X Parallel was promised creative freedom and an album release date, which never materialized. Asking to be dropped from his contract yielded no results. Gripped by frustration, X Parallel concluded that the only way to release music was to do so anonymously, regardless of the possible risks associated with such decision.

X Parallel’s debut EP, “The Symbol” is now available on Itunes, Napster, and all other major online music sites.
    I believe that's the reason why many talented emcees are pushed in a box when they're signed to a major label. More artists that desire to have freedom, creativity, and control over their own work should strive to be on a independent/underground label.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I believe that's the reason why many talented emcees are pushed in a box when they're signed to a major label. More artists that desire to have freedom, creativity, and control over their own work should strive to be on a independent/underground label.

I think in todays climate, you're sometimes better off building a strong underground fan base as well anyways... I think there's more money in it in the long run and a much more secure holding place in the industry.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I think in todays climate, you're sometimes better off building a strong underground fan base as well anyways... I think there's more money in it in the long run and a much more secure holding place in the industry.

Most definitely. They get a higher percentage than those in the mainstream. You can still release very solid/classic albums and get recognized by folks from all over. The only real thing that get on a major is exposure on the commercial media outlets.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Most definitely. They get a higher percentage than those in the mainstream. You can still release very solid/classic albums and get recognized by folks from all over. The only real thing that get on a major is exposure on the commercial media outlets.

True and yet the media outlets only take you for so long... most artists fall off because they're talentless or just don't release very good music/gimmicks.