Toyota Or Honda: Who Ya Got?

Options
Jesus Jackson
Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Let Me Ride
Toyotas will ? ya... Literally.. So is a Honda the better choice?

Comments

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Honda it's not even close, them ? last for ever, my dad had a 96 Honda accord which he just sold to get a new car. That car has lasted him for over 10 years, he was @ 140k miles, most cars won't last that long.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    toyotas i drive a Scion tc which is made by toyota great car had it modded but sold everything that was on it. the only honda thats dope is the S2000,its a ? beast even in stock form,and integras are good too. the other good think about hondas is that they are easy to work on and almost all the parts work for all the models i think.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Toyota is a better car
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Toyota has a better track record for reliability
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    altho toyota has ongoing recalls, I own a lexus which is made by toyota so I'd have to say toyota.. My car been good to me!
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Honda's all day them ? are hard body
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Honda's all day. I've own a Civic and a Acura which is also made by Honda, and I've had zero problems with reliability. Toyota's are good cars as well, but for the money give me a Honda.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My Integra is at 150,000 miles so Im going Honda
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nissan?.........
  • genome
    genome Members Posts: 28
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    genome wrote: »
    Subaru >>>

Co-sign!!!
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Until recently I would have say Toyota, but after my 07 tC crapped out on me, ? TOYOTA!!!!

lol i got an 05 tc with 121,000 on it still running strong. what happed to yours?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    clutch, then a rod started knocking, and then 3rd started popping outta place when I was driving... all after 47,000

? thats crazy. i know that ? is gonna cast a grip to fix. did you mod your car at all?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it was all TRD... Supercharger, Springs, Exhaust minus the short shifter... I said ? it after fixing the engine... Once 3rd started popping out on me I turned that ? back in to the bank and took advantage of the gap insurance... They destroyed my car....

damn!! yea im about to get rid of mine too maybee get an 04-07 STI or Audi. my tc was modded as well weapon r intake,SR*S catback, Hotchkis srpings and Sways and i bought my homies wheels of him he had some clean as Works but my car was to low for the wheels so i jus said ? it. im pretty much all stock now except for it beaing lowered.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it was all TRD... Supercharger, Springs, Exhaust minus the short shifter... I said ? it after fixing the engine... Once 3rd started popping out on me I turned that ? back in to the bank and took advantage of the gap insurance... They destroyed my car....

no engine work?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Could have been the cause of the engine problems. Adding F/I to a N/A engine without strengthening the internals usually results in faster wear and/or damage.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah the PSI is too strong for them engine's their fail rate is worse then a 360, once you slap that S/C on... on top of that... you think about it, they are acting like that S/C is just a simple bolt on... It's not, I think they either forgot to adjust the ECU or that pulley was spinning to ? fast...
    I regret buying that car... It's torque is higher then it HP, and you shouldn't have to purchase a daggum LSD for it to drive normal when it's completely stock...

Damn. I don't have any experience with them at all. We only have like 3 of them here and one is modded - the work wasn't done here though, was done in the US before he brought the car here.

Let me ask, when you say a rod started knocking, was it just the bearing knocking, damaging the rod and/or the crank? or did the rod bend as well?
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah the PSI is too strong for them engine's their fail rate is worse then a 360, once you slap that S/C on... on top of that... you think about it, they are acting like that S/C is just a simple bolt on... It's not, I think they either forgot to adjust the ECU or that pulley was spinning to ? fast...
    I regret buying that car... It's torque is higher then it HP, and you shouldn't have to purchase a daggum LSD for it to drive normal when it's completely stock...

yea the dude who lowerd my car he has a RS1 and at the time he was on his 3rd time getting his motor redone cuz he kept runing his ? to hard. that s whay i never went the F/I route. i was gonna put a turbo in it but these cars cand handl ? unless you bulid it up.