Better Chance at getting a job Law vs Med school?

Options
makaveli03
makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
edited October 2010 in Strictly Business
if someone was to choose between two careers...which would you tell him/her to realistically follow?...also what does someone who sucks at math science and law do to still have hope in becoming successful with an english degree?

Comments

• allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think you would have a better chance at finding a job in medicine. It may not be in a big city, but you'd be able to find work.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Med has alot more branches you can move through, so no matter what you will find more stability in having a medical background or degree. With law if you wanna make really good money you gotta be a beast else you are going to be working someones desk.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    id tell them to go into whichever of the 2 they feel they would enjoy the most NOT for the rewards but for the journey (cuz lets face it like everything else they require a lot of work & if some1 isnt willing to do that but wants the rewards those careers provide they wont last a year) but if i had to choose b/w the 2 id tell them to go into medicine. simple as that.

if u suck at math & science then go find a tutor, buy some books & sit down and strengthen those skills. I hate wen ppl are always looking for the easy way out of ? . if u really want to be what u desire then u should have nooo problem tryna work towards it and doing w/e it takes. uve got immigrants from asia who cant speak a word of english who come to North America but will put in the amount of work, time & ambition to get amazing grades & move from point A to point B and they wont complain either.

C'mon young man you dropping too much knowledge on these ignroant lazy americans.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how is this even a thread???

you have a job in health care as a doctor/nurse its a guaranteed job. Guaranteed. Anywhere.

/thread
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Medical, and its not even close.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Medical, and its not even close.

^^^^^^^^

Truth. Law is too influenced by the state of the economy. I know a couple of people who recently graduated from law school and can't find jobs because a lot of firms are downsizing.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Medical but if you know someone, then law.